Be Wary Of Vitamin D Supplementation

Tarmander

His results are being replicated by about 120 doctors in all countries of the world.
Kind of strange for someone who refuses to do studies, as you claim, lol.

All his protocol is based on the latest scientific studies linking Vit D dysregulations to AI diseases. There's a mountain of scientific research , a lot of scientific trials, and a host of scientists investigating the link Vit D-MS. You couldn't possibly be more fact-based than that even if you tried.

And are you saying all the hopeless MS cases he put into remission are hype ?

What more proofs do you exactly need before concluding something is genuine as opposed to a hype train, lol ?

Dude, no one wants this to work more than me...but when you are dealing with protocols that risk Kidney failure, I think prudence before declaring an "autoimmune revolution" is basic intelligence 101. He has some amazing results with MS and some skin conditions from what I have seen.

The proof I am looking for is more then N=1 results with type 1 diabetes. All I have found is this person= High dose vitamin D therapy against diabetes type 1 - Diabetes Type 1 is curable! and that other guy, and both were recent diagnosis and can be put under the umbrella of being in the honeymoon period.

Let me ask you this Burt. I am a type 1 diabetic and have been for 20 years. Are you saying I should go full bore, risk Kidney failure and hypercalcemia, and just dive right in because this is the cure? Are you willing to put your life on the line for it? Because those are my stakes, not some internet argument.

OP
S

somuch4food

The proof I am looking for is more then N=1 results with type 1 diabetes. All I have found is this person= High dose vitamin D therapy against diabetes type 1 - Diabetes Type 1 is curable! and that other guy, and both were recent diagnosis and can be put under the umbrella of being in the honeymoon period.

Have you looked at optimizing the body's own vitamin D pathways? Since it seems to have a self regulating mechanism, it might be a safer approach. On top of my head, I think cholesterol and sulfur is involved. I'm no expert though.

Tarmander

Have you looked at optimizing the body's own vitamin D pathways? Since it seems to have a self regulating mechanism, it might be a safer approach. On top of my head, I think cholesterol and sulfur is involved. I'm no expert though.

I have tried a lot. I think vitamin D actually has the most potential here. But I have skin in the game so I am skeptical before diving in

burtlancast

Let me ask you this Burt. I am a type 1 diabetic and have been for 20 years. Are you saying I should go full bore, risk Kidney failure and hypercalcemia, and just dive right in because this is the cure? Are you willing to put your life on the line for it? Because those are my stakes, not some internet argument.

You should act according to your own judgement.

But if it was my life on the line, and according to what i've investigated on this Dr Coimbra, and knowing the side effects of Type 1 diabetes, i would go for this protocol in the next 5 min.

Do you really believe all these 120 Coimbra doctors would still be in practice if their patients came down with blown kidneys?

And don't you believe the medical establishment would like nothing more than to pounce on Dr Coimbra under the slightest pretext in order to pull his medical licence, like they usually do for the troublemakers refusing to get into line with the medical monopoly ?

You think he's into some kind of power trip with his patients and inflates his cure numbers ?

Last edited:
It’s funny how naysayers go. There’s always the classic “where’s the double blind RCT study?” When 1) he actually published one, it’s at the end of the interview and 2) his justifications are valid, you don’t trial a parachute asking people to jump off the plane with a randomly given non functional item.

Then it’s “but the complications” which are also addressed in the interview, and are pretty much not any worse than complications from standard treatments anyway, at a fraction of the cost.

OP
S

somuch4food

I have tried a lot. I think vitamin D actually has the most potential here. But I have skin in the game so I am skeptical before diving in

That's why I am suggesting going more natural. Using nutrition and lifestyle instead of high dose supplements might be as effective in the long term, but might not give such immediate results. The sun has always been over our head while supplements are a modern convenience.

Tarmander

You should act according to your own judgement.

But if it was my life on the line, and according to what i've investigated on this Dr Coimbra, and knowing the side effects of Type 1 diabetes, i would go for this protocol in the next 5 min.

Do you really believe all these doctors would be in practice if their patients came down with blown kidneys?

And don't you believe the medical establishment would like nothing more than to pounce on Dr Coimbra under the slightest pretext in order to pull his medical licence, like they usually do for the troublemakers refusing to get into line with the medical monopoly ?

You think he's into some kind of power trip with his patients and inflates his cure numbers ?

I have no idea what he’s about, which is why I am not jumping in yet. I am actually really excited about his results and have been reading a lot, but...

If you were in my shoes, you would not be on it within the next five minutes because you would have a long history of failures following this type of protocol:

The protocol has success, look at these testimonials! Now it might take a few years for your body to properly heal. You’ll probably have some herx reactions first, but look, this type 1 got off insulin with this raw vegan/paleo/urine drinking therapy! The reason we can’t do studies is because it works so well/there is a cabal trying to destroy it/medicine can’t lose their monopoly.

It’s like the same every time. Always coming from people who have no skin in the game at all. What is your stake in this Burt? Do you have an autoimmune? I would have no issue telling people who have MS about coimbra and his results...but outside that I think there are risks really worth considering.

Tarmander

That's why I am suggesting going more natural. Using nutrition and lifestyle instead of high dose supplements might be as effective in the long term, but might not give such immediate results. The sun has always been over our head while supplements are a modern convenience.
I spent all summer getting 1 hour of sun per day 3-4 days per week in Arizona. Like, I’ve been around.

burtlancast

If you were in my shoes, you would not be on it within the next five minutes because you would have a long history of failures following this type of protocol:

Believe you me i would.
There are no cures for type 1 diabetes in the orthodox or alternative world: even Gerson can't cure it. Ray Peat's father cured his with yeast: but it wasn't type 1. Only William Koch could cure it, i believe, but the formula seems hard to come by.

The reason we can’t do studies is because it works so well/there is a cabal trying to destroy it/medicine can’t lose their monopoly.

It’s like the same every time. Always coming from people who have no skin in the game at all.

I don't get the obsession about studies.

We have 15 years oversight and 4500 treated patients by 120 doctors. We have more published scientific data than we could read in 2 years.

This discovery is the equivalent of antibiotics in the years 1940s. A silent revolution at work. A way to control all AI diseases when we couldn't at all before.

Monopoly is real.
Doctors persecution is real.
Patients poisoned/betrayed by the medical monopoly is real.

You figure it out.

Your skin.

What is your stake in this Burt? Do you have an autoimmune?

No.
I'm trying to learn how deep goes the rabbit hole.

For me and those around me.
Because nobody else will do it for us.

Last edited:
OP
S

somuch4food

I spent all summer getting 1 hour of sun per day 3-4 days per week in Arizona. Like, I’ve been around.

Ok, I wouldn't know. I'm just trying to help. Sunlight is just one element of D3 synthesis. I am also asking about whether you have attempted to optimize the internal pathways used by the body to create D3. I am not an expert, but I remember that cholesterol and sulfur are implicated. I would be curious of your experience if you have looked into that.

Tarmander

Believe you me i would.
There are no cures for type 1 diabetes in the orthodox or alternative world: even Gerson can't cure it. Ray Peat's father cured his with yeast: but it wasn't type 1. Only William Koch could cure it, i believe, but the formula seems hard to come by.

I don't get the obsession about studies.

We have 15 years oversight and 4500 treated patients by 120 doctors. We have more published scientific data than we could read in 2 years.

This discovery is the equivalent of antibiotics in the years 1940s. A silent revolution at work. A way to control all AI diseases when we couldn't at all before.

Monopoly is real.
Doctors persecution is real.
Patients poisoned/betrayed by the medical monopoly is real.

You figure it out.

Your skin.

No.
I'm trying to learn how deep goes the rabbit hole.

For me and those around me.
Because nobody else will do it for me.
You are correct. No type 1 cures, but there have been recent diagnosis cures from raw vegan diets, paleo, niacinamide treatment, And I am sure there are others. This does not seem to be any different from those. So far no long term type 1 cures although maybe improvement with this?

So yeah, I’d be the type 1 test subject who is not a recent diagnosis, I will decide because it’s my skin on the line.

burtlancast

No type 1 cures, but there have been recent diagnosis cures from raw vegan diets, paleo, niacinamide treatment, And I am sure there are others. This does not seem to be any different from those. So far no long term type 1 cures although maybe improvement with this?

If Paleo, niacinamide or raw vegan could cure type 1, we would know it by now.
They can't.
And there are no others.
Maybe improve it, but not cure it.
Only Koch could truly cure it.
So that info is incorrect.

Vit D can't cure it either, but he can put into remission indefinitely, like it does for MS. No need for insulin anymore. No side effects anymore.

And who knows, we might learn after a few years of therapy that some people got cured for life after all.
Maybe the immune system gets fixed in some way eventually.
Everything's left to discover with this new approach.

Elephanto

With type 1 diabetes, I would at least try high dose Thiamine. I would also consider supplementing Chromium at least temporarily.

Changes In Thiamine Levels May Be The First Sign Of Type I Diabetes

A Subset Of Diabetes I Can Be Cured By Vitamin B1 (thiamine)

Chromium levels in healthy and newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic children. - PubMed - NCBI

Chromium, zinc and magnesium status in type 1 diabetes. - PubMed - NCBI

In the hair regrowth guide I followed, Chromium was recommended as one of the strategies to eliminate Candida, which was assumed to thrive under chronically high glucose conditions which Chromium corrects. The Candida component could have an underestimated causative relationship with chronic autoimmunity. Unsurprisingly it is also frequently found in type 1 diabetes. Anyway I think in general, attacking issues on all possible fronts is always going to yield the best luck as a singular, universal factor that applies to all for any disease is rare.

Autoimmunity and intestinal colonization by Candida albicans in patients with type 1 diabetes at the time of the diagnosis. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Tarmander

If Paleo, niacinamide or raw vegan could cure type 1, we would know it by now.
They can't.
And there are no others.
Maybe improve it, but not cure it.
Only Koch could truly cure it.
So that info is incorrect.

Vit D can't cure it either, but he can put into remission indefinitely, like it does for MS. No need for insulin anymore. No side effects anymore.

And who knows, we might learn after a few years of therapy that some people got cured for life after all.
Maybe the immune system gets fixed in some way eventually.
Everything's left to discover with this new approach.
You really are out of your depth on type 1.

There are lots of stories like this: Paleo Diabetes | Paleo Diet For Diabetes | Best Diet For Diabetes - The Paleo Diet™

and Gabriel Cousens with raw vegan diets().

All these stories featured getting off insulin for a significant period of time, and all involve the honeymoon phase. I fail to see a difference yet with Coimbra, but when you find someone who says "I was a type 1 diabetic for 10+ years and am off insulin," then I may listen to your hyperbole.

burtlancast

You really are out of your depth on type 1.

There are lots of stories like this: Paleo Diabetes | Paleo Diet For Diabetes | Best Diet For Diabetes - The Paleo Diet™

and Gabriel Cousens with raw vegan diets().

All these stories featured getting off insulin for a significant period of time, and all involve the honeymoon phase. I fail to see a difference yet with Coimbra, but when you find someone who says "I was a type 1 diabetic for 10+ years and am off insulin," then I may listen to your hyperbole.

I did say it can improve it but not cure it. Read the comments on the link you pasted, they confirm exactly that.

The difference with the Coimbra is very evident: these people can eat carbohydrates because their Beta cells are alive and functioning, while on paleo you almost aren't allowed any.

The root cause of T1D is auto-immunity, not excess carbohydrates, and Coimbra corrects it.

Last edited:

Tarmander

I did say it can improve it but not cure it. Read the comments on the link you pasted, they confirm exactly that.

The difference with the Coimbra is very evident: these people can eat carbohydrates because their Beta cells are alive and functioning, while on paleo you almost aren't allowed any.

The root cause of T1D is auto-immunity, not excess carbohydrates, and Coimbra corrects it.

It seems your going to continue to claim coimbra can put type 1 diabetes into permanent remission without any substantial evidence. Maybe it will, I may put it to the test. Until then, I find your claims highly irresponsible, but it’s the internet, you can say what you like. I’m out though.

burtlancast

It seems your going to continue to claim coimbra can put type 1 diabetes into permanent remission without any substantial evidence..

My evidence is all the other AI diseases besides MS put into remission for years, like Crohn, Psoriasis, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitiligo, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto.

There's one Brazilian patient, Ana Domene, who wrote a book about her experience of 8 years remission from MS.

Can you show me a T1D in remission for 8 years with Paleo ?

If not, who's the irresponsible one here ?

Amazoniac

It seems your going to continue to claim coimbra can put type 1 diabetes into permanent remission without any substantial evidence. Maybe it will, I may put it to the test. Until then, I find your claims highly irresponsible, but it’s the internet, you can say what you like. I’m out though.
Tarmander, irresponsible in what? He's not telling anyone what to do, he's offering possibilities. If anything, inaccurate; or at most, deceiving.
So you just cross your arms and wait to be fed something you approve?
And if you're waiting for a proof, let me ask you something: <dramatic exhaling pause with eyes closed to give you the idea of a hassle, meanwhile placing the glasses on the tip of the nose, preparing to look at you over them in a judicial way> what if the first person that proved that something is possible was a instead a waiting Tarmander?

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Just a note...everyone either just glossed over it or didn't read the post...On first page of this thread Amazonguy says... "Same thing for Zeus, he has diminished the dose of his supplement recently to 1000 IU." ???....this is not true.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals