Be Careful With Aspirin (raises NO)

AretnaP

I feel that this may be the mechanism behind the way that aspirin can negativity effect the fertility of mice. @gbolduev mentioned this, but attributed it to aspirin's acidity, which I think is a mistake.

It may be possible that if aspirin is dosed high enough the protective effects can counter-act the negative, I don't know.

Of course these studies try to portray NO as being good and helpful and all, but they're still worth looking at.

Nitric oxide and aspirin: a new mediator for an old drug. - PubMed - NCBI
Aspirin induces nitric oxide release from vascular endothelium: a novel mechanism of action
New insights into the anti-inflammatory actions of aspirin- induction of nitric oxide through the generation of epi-lipoxins
Nitric Oxide–Releasing Aspirin Decreases Vascular Injury by Reducing Inflammation and Promoting Apoptosis

Regina

I feel that this may be the mechanism behind the way that aspirin can negativity effect the fertility of mice. @gbolduev mentioned this, but attributed it to aspirin's acidity, which I think is a mistake.

It may be possible that if aspirin is dosed high enough the protective effects can counter-act the negative, I don't know.

Of course these studies try to portray NO as being good and helpful and all, but they're still worth looking at.

Aspirin induces nitric oxide release from vascular endothelium: a novel mechanism of action
New insights into the anti-inflammatory actions of aspirin- induction of nitric oxide through the generation of epi-lipoxins
Nitric Oxide–Releasing Aspirin Decreases Vascular Injury by Reducing Inflammation and Promoting Apoptosis
I really like the MB, aspirin, K2 combo. I never (oops I shouldn't say that word) have any lasting aikido injuries anymore.

ddjd

Niacinamide is great at reducing NO and so is methylene blue.

I think coffee can increase NO

Serotoninja

That's interesting thanks
Another mechanism by which aspirin can affect fertility (and causes a drop in T levels after 2 weeks of use) is vitamin K2 depletion

Makrosky

That's interesting thanks
Another mechanism by which aspirin can affect fertility (and causes a drop in T levels after 2 weeks of use) is vitamin K2 depletion
I think it is not that simple. I've been taking 500mg aspirin daily for 3-4 weeks and my free T has diminished almost nothing. I will post the results soon and you'll see by yourself. E2 has diminished and E1 I have to wait a few days dor the result.

Serotoninja

I think it is not that simple. I've been taking 500mg aspirin daily for 3-4 weeks and my free T has diminished almost nothing. I will post the results soon and you'll see by yourself. E2 has diminished and E1 I have to wait a few days dor the result.
Maybe you had high vitamin K2 reserves (I believe you used to supplement it)? Anyway that's great news, I feel good on aspirin but I was a bit afraid of its effects on fertility/androgens.

Makrosky

Maybe you had high vitamin K2 reserves (I believe you used to supplement it)? Anyway that's great news, I feel good on aspirin but I was a bit afraid of its effects on fertility/androgens.
Yeah I used K2. Could be... Fertility is also about FSH I think? And that has been lowered a lot. Doesn't necessarily mean it is because of aspirin. Well, you'll see for yourself I'll mention you in my post when I post it so you can see it. N=1 is kind of useless but... That's all I got. LOL

Mossy

I think it is not that simple. I've been taking 500mg aspirin daily for 3-4 weeks and my free T has diminished almost nothing.
Wow. That's a little frightening, the large decline in free T. Do you still supplement aspirin? Could you please share the K2 reserve thing -- would K2 be beneficial for free T? Thanks.

Makrosky

Wow. That's a little frightening, the large decline in free T. Do you still supplement aspirin? Could you please share the K2 reserve thing -- would K2 be beneficial for free T? Thanks.
The opposite, I think you missunderstood me. No decline in free T.

OP
AretnaP

AretnaP

The opposite, I think you missunderstood me. No decline in free T.
Definitely keep us updated, it may be that aspirin is protective against NO at high doses, but at low doses it still stimulates NO but there isn't enough of it to be protective.

It may be that aspirin is a case of "less is more" not being true.

Glad to see that estrogen decreased some, try to get measurements of other hormones if you can. Has anything happened to total testosterone?

Makrosky

Definitely keep us updated, it may be that aspirin is protective against NO at high doses, but at low doses it still stimulates NO but there isn't enough of it to be protective.

It may be that aspirin is a case of "less is more" not being true.

Glad to see that estrogen decreased some, try to get measurements of other hormones if you can. Has anything happened to total testosterone?
I'm paying it out of my pocket which is very expensive so ATM i'm only tracking the abnormal values. I'll see in one month.

OP
AretnaP

AretnaP

Yeah sorry I'm not native english speaker. Free T stayed almost the same. E1 and E2 diminished greatly.
If free T has gone down just slightly it may be because of winter approaching and may not be related to aspirin at all.

This site has made me hate the cold months even more than I used to, being that winter is bad for metabolism and unless you have t3 on hand your thyroid levels will probably drop.

jitsmonkey

Aspirin is ONLY problematic when rate limiters are absent ie. glycine, fuel, etc...
heck one of the articles posted was a mixture of aspirin and NO
Aspirin in a living organism WITHOUT the things needed to utilize it is problematic
No different with any other useful substance like thyroid, fat soluble vitamins, sugar, etc....
If the study headline sparks your interest you then have to actually read what's happening
and then apply it in real life not a vacuum of thought. Thyroid could arguably be said to "raise adrenaline"
but this is ONLY in the absence of fuel. Aspirin is no different.

Mossy

Mossy

Makrosky

If free T has gone down just slightly it may be because of winter approaching and may not be related to aspirin at all.

This site has made me hate the cold months even more than I used to, being that winter is bad for metabolism and unless you have t3 on hand your thyroid levels will probably drop.
Winter? Calories, sugar, thick clothes, redlight, warm home , fatsolubles and there you go

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals