BCAA + Phenylalanine + Tyrosine For Serotonin Depletion

Quality

Obviously short term you won't, long term is a different story.

DaveFoster

I hear BCAA + phenylalanine + tyrosine depletes serotonin and increases dopamine. Is there any other supplement needed? Is phenylalanine needed or can just tyrosine be used?

I hear mixed results. What are the possible side effects?

What BCAA supplement to use?

What phenylalanine and tyrosine supplement to use?

How to dose?

When to take?
I don't do the BCAA any more; it makes me tired and lethargic. 3500 mg BCAA and 1500 mg tyrosine.

I think caffeine is better.

Be attuned to any allergies you have to amino acids; they're notorious for causing immune reactions.

Abc123

Would it be ok to just eat 10g of gelatin with your Eggs or Muscle Meats to balance the tryptophan and lower serotonin. Therefore increase dopamine?

OP
P

PUTFOT

Anyone experience very high libido from this BCAA+tyrosine combo?

OP
P

PUTFOT

I tried BCAA+tyrosine and felt great the first time or two, but then after that didn't feel any different. Indication that dopamine to serotonin ratio is already good or what?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I tried BCAA+tyrosine and felt great the first time or two, but then after that didn't feel any different. Indication that dopamine to serotonin ratio is already good or what?

If tyrosine is too much or taken at night it can actually raise prolactin. I personally find that, just like dopamine agonists, the BCAA/tyrosine combo is best used before noon.

OP
P

PUTFOT

If tyrosine is too much or taken at night it can actually raise prolactin. I personally find that, just like dopamine agonists, the BCAA/tyrosine combo is best used before noon.
I always take it during daytime and get sun exposure.

Aad

Is it ok to put 1500 mg of d-phenylalanine in my whey shaker, which his has a scoop pof whey in it / or 25 grams of protein inlcuding 5.6 grams of BCAAs?

Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals