Bathing In Soup Broth

faramir

I was wondering if maybe we aren't thinking big enough! Evidently, bathing in meat broth was considered an enhancement to health at one time:

soup-broth-baths-history-healthy

The author of the article is making fun of the idea, but I don't know...doesn't seem to be too far-fetched to me!

This website also includes an interesting article about a coconut obsessed cult that seemed to go a bit too far!

august-engelhardt-coconut-cult

x-ray peat

lol: I would be interested in your results.
I hear Kim Kardashian is into placental blood masks

OP
F

faramir

Lol! I don't think I would go as far as placental blood masks but broth bathing was claimed to both soften and nourish the skin:

While broth bathing does not seem to have been on the menu at the grand spa resorts of the 19th century, it remained a folk and medical custom across a wide geographic region. In 1856, a traveling Englishwoman staying with an aristocrat in the Italian town of Macerata was informed by her local maid that babies were often soaked in a brodo lugo: a light broth of lean veal with all the fat skimmed off. She recommended it for the English lady’s complexion, because “it softens and yet nourishes the skin.” A German medical text from the same year records typhus patients in Russia taking bouillon baths as part of their recuperation. A later German medical handbook, meanwhile, contains recipes for a sheep-foot broth bath and dissolved Thierleim, a brownish, gluey jelly made from boiled hoofs, bone, skin, and tendons. The handbook does not specify which ailments they were meant to treat.

Perhaps many of the minerals and nutrients in the broth would be able to enter the body transdermally, such as glycine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals