Based On My Diet, What Nutrients Do I Need To Supplement?

Josh

I'm just about to make an order from Iherb for some Vit E and am wondering if there's any other decent supps i can grab at the same time from there that are not normally accessible to the uk?

I'm looking for a quality Vit C/Vitamin K to start with for sure.

I've attached my diet and nutrient intake below. Based on the below what do you think would be helpful for me to start supplementing? (I currently take no nutrient supplements).
I'm getting over/close to requirements for most things but am i really? A lot of nutrients are from cooked foods like potatoes so am i really getting that amount? (especially combined with potential gut problems).

(I can't consume ANY dairy or fruit juices as they don't do my skin any favours, Starch is not peaty but works for me, I'm normally over 3000cals a day but am currently trying much lower fat than usual to see if it helps with my solidified sebum issue.. I do eat liver once a week).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 22.54.11.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 22.54.11.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 22.52.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 22.52.58.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 34

lampofred

I think aside from fat soluble vitamins, isolated vitamins/minerals/amino acids don't really matter and can do more harm than good (especially vitamin C, which Dr. Peat says is always contaminated with heavy metals). But I would recommend coffee, methylene blue, aspirin and thyroid as non-nutritional supplements.

If you keep minerals high (magnesium, sodium, calcium), calcium greater than phosphate, and fat intake low relative to carbs, avoiding PUFA and excess plain water, and eat eggs, liver, and oysters regularly, things should balance on their own. Getting calcium is hard if you don't eat dairy but it's possible if you regularly boil greens and drink the water.