Basal Cell Carcinoma Treatment

Blue Water

Should I get this surgically removed or self-treat? There are a handful of studies and a couple clinical trials that are using vitamin C and hydrogen peroxide topically as a cure. It seems that they both work but for ascorbic acid the treatment time is longer, potentially months, whereas with hydrogen peroxide, the higher percentage you go the more likely you can cure it in just a few applications. Apparently for 35%, half the people treated killed the cancer in just one application. Of course my dermatologist only knows how to cut the cancer out and will not consider anything less invasive. I will probably just have it surgically removed so I can be certain it's gone but would like to avoid surgery if possible. The last time I had a mole removed they accidentally hit a nerve and that caused temporary numbness.

DEFINE_ME

kYgirl

Should I get this surgically removed or self-treat? There are a handful of studies and a couple clinical trials that are using vitamin C and hydrogen peroxide topically as a cure. It seems that they both work but for ascorbic acid the treatment time is longer, potentially months, whereas with hydrogen peroxide, the higher percentage you go the more likely you can cure it in just a few applications. Apparently for 35%, half the people treated killed the cancer in just one application. Of course my dermatologist only knows how to cut the cancer out and will not consider anything less invasive. I will probably just have it surgically removed so I can be certain it's gone but would like to avoid surgery if possible. The last time I had a mole removed they accidentally hit a nerve and that caused temporary numbness.

DEFINE_ME

This is interesting. Is it possible to buy 35% hydrogen peroxide?

Jonnie

DEFINE_ME

How did it go?
My mom just got diagnosed with this, going to get her progesterone, Vit E, blend it with olive oil and then topically apply it.
Also getting her aspirin powder.