Bananas And Head Pressure

bornamachine

What is the physiological mechanism behind a banana causing head pressure eye ball pressure? Had it happen couple times now and aspirin helped, shyed away since then, but then my wife baked some plantain... had a small maybe an ounce piece if that... before I know it, eye ball and head pressure... anyone know? Ps: Ate bananas all my life.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Hmm... nothing huh? Not even one...

Too variable, especially if you've eaten them your whole life. Could just be temporary. Could be other things you're eating. Could be stress.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Ok so there are no known "one of the causes is this or this and this is what happens in the process" in these forums then.

dookie

I got a similar issue. Eating even 1/4 of a banana gives me a powerful headache, along with hair loss, edema, and other weird symptoms. several years ago i could eat a few bananas per day without these problems. i think it might be the serotonin and bowel irritating properties of the banana. My bowels are probably also more sensitive than they were years ago

How many different pesticides are on a banana?

Greta

Bananas are one of the safest foods talking about pesticides.

What you are explaining sounds like a migraine, many people has migraines reacting to different food. I've never heard about bananas triggering them, but I guess it's possible... It could be also an allergic reaction.

tara

Bananas are relatively high in serotonin, so that could be a factor.

IIRC, Peat has said that plants grown under stress conditions can produce toxins, and that commercial bananas are amongst the worst for being grown in stress conditions.

I got averse to bananas after 2-4 a day for a while during pregnancy. I've got my taste for them back now, but I don't eat so many.

Dayman

I wonder if it could be starch. I can't say for sure because bananas haven't caused the problem for me. But I believe it could be the case because I once had some ginger chews which caused an immediate pressure thing in my eyes, one eye wouldn't stop tearing for half an hour, the only ingredient that I thought could be doing it was tapioca starch. I threw out the rest after eating one candy.
It only caused eye pressure wasn't aware of head pressure.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

Just an update. Ive tried eating bananas again, and no previous head pressure eye pressure symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals