Banana and oranges make me feel exhausted. Maybe low blood sugar

M

member 14952

When I eat oranges in the morning, I experience fatigue and tiredness. This is also true for bananas and I now start my day with lot’s of honey. With dates, which sadly irritate my gut, I don’t get the feeling

I would assume that the high potassium to sugar ration is to blame here.
100g Banana has 12g sugar and ~350mg of potassium
100g of OJ has 9g sugar and 220mg of potassium.
White rice has 70-80g of carbs and maybe 200mg of potassium. Dates are 60g/660mg, raisins are similar.
Maybe this helps someone who is wondering why they sometimes can’t tolerate these fruits. I will stick to honey for a while now.

OP
M

member 14952

Ah actually bananas have some additional starch: 12g of sugar and 90 kcal so that means there is an additional 10g of starch and maybe some protein. I think it is still a lot of potassium

Nomane Euger

i
When I eat oranges in the morning, I experience fatigue and tiredness. This is also true for bananas and I now start my day with lot’s of honey. With dates, which sadly irritate my gut, I don’t get the feeling

White rice has 70-80g of carbs and maybe 200mg of potassium. Dates are 60g/660mg, raisins are similar.
Maybe this helps someone who is wondering why they sometimes can’t tolerate these fruits. I will stick to honey for a while now.
if you feel very relax and good with a lesser degree of. motivation its good and normal, if you dont feel any better+you feel more tired thats bad, either the fruit is un ripe,or there is something into it that make you feel worst. the rare very ripe fruits that have the potential to make me feel good and relax me up to the point where i can fall as sleep are the best fruits, and it is to be expected from ezting enougj ripe fruits(assuming you feel better physically)when its this kind of high relaxation that could be missinterprated for "fatigue" usually any stimulation such as video games, sport, women that sexually interest me do reduce the relaxation and increase the motivation

Last edited:
OP
M

member 14952

and it may also be because of my histamine issues, that I don’t do well with them

B

Blaze

Try eating more protein with your fruit and honey and eat minimal or no starch. The protein and sugar together is very important will balance each other. Too much carbohydrate without adequate protein is in my experience a bad eating strategy. And starch based carbs can often cause problems for some of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

member 14952

Oh yes, I eat mainly fruit and I make sure to have my protein with it

Nomane Euger

@Robert Wipfler do you feel worst or better from the fruits exept the exhaustion feeling?have you tryed each fruits on its own with out any other foods?

OP
M

member 14952

I do feel worse. And I tried them alone. But even more interesting is that when I paired them with sugar, the effect didn’t go away. So I now think this is not so much a blood sugar thing. More something with histamine

Nomane Euger

I do feel worse. And I tried them alone. But even more interesting is that when I paired them with sugar, the effect didn’t go away. So I now think this is not so much a blood sugar thing. More something with histamine
from my experience ripe oranges do not cause histamine associated symptoms,not ripe enough oranges do,do you get histamines associated symptoms such as rashes,sneezing,weird feelings in your ear canal,like some fluid/mucus,shallower sleep?

OP
M

member 14952

Interesting. I haven’t yet paid attention and I may have consumed lots of unripe oranges.
Symptoms are fatigue and brain fog. Not so much nasal congestion

OP
M

member 14952

I’ll look into cleaning the gut more. Maybe some bacterial overgrowth is going. I feel good with coconut oil, honey, carrots etc. This might be the way

dlind70

It's because ripe or unripe oranges are hugely alkaline and they get rid of the iron in your body so iron low iron makes your stomach area of your body sort of like lethargic I noticed this as well and because vitamin c is so high in an orange that it actually will deplete the iron because vitamin c helps chelate iron. In addition to this an alkaline stomach is not good for motivation it makes you want to sit it really can't be explained through text it has to be felt sort of like this emptiness or nothingness in your stomach region when you eat too many oranges. Not that there's bad for you it's just don't need too many LOL

OP
M

member 14952

The last few days, I took lots of activated charcoal, carrots and coconut oil to clean the gut and symptoms got way better. Maybe I have lactate producing bacteria. Nonetheless thank you for offering an explanation and trying to help.

A-Tim

It's because ripe or unripe oranges are hugely alkaline and they get rid of the iron in your body so iron low iron makes your stomach area of your body sort of like lethargic I noticed this as well and because vitamin c is so high in an orange that it actually will deplete the iron because vitamin c helps chelate iron. In addition to this an alkaline stomach is not good for motivation it makes you want to sit it really can't be explained through text it has to be felt sort of like this emptiness or nothingness in your stomach region when you eat too many oranges. Not that there's bad for you it's just don't need too many LOL
Most sources I've ever read suggested vitamin c is a great method for increasing absorption of iron, rather than having its opposite effect in chelating iron.

I do recall @tankasnowgod pondering whether V-C may not absorb iron as widely suggested, but I don't recall where that was or why he thought that.

What has led you to the contrarian position of thinking vitamin c is chelating iron? Do you have any sources/links that you could provide?

I have a moderate case of iron toxicity, so I'm always on the lookout on ways to better structure my meals. Donating blood in Australia can only happen once every 3 months, so it takes a while to get it down.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom