Bamboo Flour Instead Of Masa

Marie2000

Hi guys,

I would like to know if bamboo fiber flour is okey to use for example to bake pancakes?
I have never tried it and I dont know how it tastes, but imagine if we could eat our strogen detoxifyng fiber in the form of pancakes that would be LIT hehe

What are your thoughts on this and have you ever tried it?

All the love,

Carli.

Gluten Free Bamboo Fibre - Paleo Bamboo Fibre Powder Flour 300g

Last edited:

smith

Screenshot 2018-07-16 at 4.37.27 AM - Edited.png

Dutchie

Hi guys,

I would like to know if bamboo fiber flour is okey to use for example to bake pancakes?
I have never tried it and I dont know how it tastes, but imagine if we could eat our strogen detoxifyng fiber in the form of pancakes that would be LIT hehe

What are your thoughts on this and have you ever tried it?

All the love,

Carli.

Gluten Free Bamboo Fibre - Paleo Bamboo Fibre Powder Flour 300g

Did you try it? and if so,did you notice anything?

Jayvee

I had it before. The texture is very strange and I got digestive issues from it but that could just be me. It's nothing like masa as a substitute.

Dutchie

I had it before. The texture is very strange and I got digestive issues from it but that could just be me. It's nothing like masa as a substitute.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

The flour is sold as a baking substitute, but I'm not interested in it for baking, but as a possible fiber supplement to keep the colon moving and removing estrogen. Since carrots,bamboo shoots and mushrooms are out (for now).
I'm using coconut flour, but the high amount of Fodmaps cause issues at times.

Dutchie

I'm not concerned about natural silica in foods.
In the case of bamboo flour, I'm not even sure if there would still be silica left in it or that it's been processed out.

Jayvee

Thanks for sharing your experience.

The flour is sold as a baking substitute, but I'm not interested in it for baking, but as a possible fiber supplement to keep the colon moving and removing estrogen. Since carrots,bamboo shoots and mushrooms are out (for now).
I'm using coconut flour, but the high amount of Fodmaps cause issues at times.

I dont think it would have the same effect on the intestine with less surface area but would probably still do something towards endotoxins. I remember the bag I bought was huge because it's incredibly puffy stuff, not sure how water soluble it is. Maybe worth an experiment though. Have you tried using cascara or asprin?

Dutchie

I dont think it would have the same effect on the intestine with less surface area but would probably still do something towards endotoxins. I remember the bag I bought was huge because it's incredibly puffy stuff, not sure how water soluble it is. Maybe worth an experiment though. Have you tried using cascara or asprin?

The bag I'd seen here, says that it absorbs water quite well.
Yeah, I've tried cascara in the past but only constipated me more. I'm not sure if it might've been bc of oxalates. (All these toxins I guess freak out my intestines,which makes it seem as if they shut down)
Never tried aspirin, bc tbh I don't like to rely on meds and its fillers when I don't absolutely need it. Aspirin is also very high in salicylates.
I also highly doubt that it'll do something to keep things moving out in my colon.

EchoTango

As Dutchie alluded to above, bamboo is high in oxalates, so an alternative flour low in oxalates would be better. "Toxic Superfoods" by Sally Norton is a convincing resource on the dangers of oxalates, which are a likely cause for various mysterious health problems.

southcesar

I wanted to use bamboo fiber as a supplement, but I couldn't find information about the cyanide content in the flour, so I ended up not testing it.

Dutchie

As Dutchie alluded to above, bamboo is high in oxalates, so an alternative flour low in oxalates would be better. "Toxic Superfoods" by Sally Norton is a convincing resource on the dangers of oxalates, which are a likely cause for various mysterious health problems.
According to the manufacturer oxalates didn't came up when testing the flour. It remains a question if they'd even tested for it,since most people haven't heard of oxalates.
Well, if all goes well, my package of bamboo flour will arrive today. So,I guess I'll know after testing it.;)

I don't plan to use it in quantities like most fiber supplements.
Probably not more than 5grams total, so kind of the same when eating a can of bambooshoots.

EchoTango

According to the manufacturer oxalates didn't came up when testing the flour. It remains a question if they'd even tested for it,since most people haven't heard of oxalates.
Well, if all goes well, my package of bamboo flour will arrive today. So,I guess I'll know after testing it.;)

Probably not more than 5grams total, so kind of the same when eating a can of bambooshoots.
Some of the oxalates could be removed during processing. From experience it seems like oxalates are worse depending on the form they are delivered. Maybe the fiber type mitigates by absorbing or trapping them through the digestive tract? For instance, I don't have issue with boiling potatoes and discarding the water, so I keep them in my diet. More research on oxalates is needed. Let us know what happens with your experiment.

Dutchie

Some of the oxalates could be removed during processing. From experience it seems like oxalates are worse depending on the form they are delivered. Maybe the fiber type mitigates by absorbing or trapping them through the digestive tract? For instance, I don't have issue with boiling potatoes and discarding the water, so I keep them in my diet. More research on oxalates is needed. Let us know what happens with your experiment.
Yes, I will let you know, whether it has a noticable effect.

It could be the form it's delivered in, but I'm thinking it might be more about what (majority) type of oxalates a food contains: soluble vs insoluble.

southcesar

keep us updated on what you think of bamboo flour

Dutchie

I've been using the flour for a good week now and it's a mixed bag of results so far...

The flour does seem to make for a little bit of an easier&quicker possible BM after eating compared to coconut flour. I attribute this to the fact that coconut flour is quite high in several Fodmaps.
When I have a BM in general and in the morning the day after, it seems to be a bit more formed together in small sausage shapes.

As far as binding (estrogen) capabillities, I'm not sure what's happening there...
I've noticed that in the evenings I suddenly could start feeling very emotional wheepy and/or anger. My breasts also feel tender. Both issues, which I didn't experience prior.
These issues to me seem estrogenic.

I also noticed that my urine was (mildly) cloudy looking again after my main meal and bladder difficulties ,so I'm not sure if the bamboo flour still contains oxalates (since cloudy urine and bladder issues are some of my immediate oxalate signs).
But....this could also be due to the fact that I've incorporated some gelatin again on a daily basis.

So,yesterday I swapped the bamboo flour for some coconut flour&cellulose powder again.
I did have a small-moderate BM after eating and had no moodswings during the evening.
But, my BM was less formed....sorry for the tmi, it's mostly all shredded-looking bits and pieces.
(In both cases it doesn't float though).
And.... previously when using the cellulose powder+coconut flour, it did seem I'd retain more water especially noticeable on my abdomen and lower belly pooch.

Keep in mind, of both the insoluble fiber options I use approximately between 1-4 grams a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom