Baldness Is Caused By Poor Posture

dfspcc20

I did not even know i had a problem with posture before i accidentally got the right supplement stack through reading this forum and Ray Peat, and my joints started opening up. During 2 weeks i reset more than 10 spinal discs and numerous shoulder, hip, ribcage joints/ligaments using some kind of yoga/chiropractic. It was a very weird experience and resulted in a significant change in appearance and posture, probably also couple cm in length.

I can confirm i used to breathe shallowly at rest, and now that is gone so the theory in the OP is not completely absurd to me.

Can you share any details on your supplement stack?
Where you doing yoga/chiropractic before the stack?

rei

I had been making continuous changes so don't really know if it is one thing or many in combination, but i think progesterone might be what allowed it to happen. I had immediate and profound effect from the first time using it, and the joint thing started at maybe the 5:th time i used it, so about 1.5 weeks after the first dose. About the same time with progesterone i started methylene blue and it was also very effective and i used it almost daily. A week before i added "health booster" from life extension to my normal "two-per-day" multivitamin regimen. I also found medicinal amounts of booze effective as muscle relaxant to make the adjustments come easier.

I never did that kind of extreme stretching or anything like it before, now the urge to do it came from within. It started as normal neck stiffness that i tried to fix by turning head from side to side, normal stretching of the neck. This caused small crackling sensations and then "pops" that released what felt like bubbles in the spinal fluid that rose to the skull. As i did these more sensations appeared in other joints and fixing them got kinda "out of control".

Last edited:

biffbelvin

I did not even know i had a problem with posture before i accidentally got the right supplement stack through reading this forum and Ray Peat, and my joints started opening up. During 2 weeks i reset more than 10 spinal discs and numerous shoulder, hip, ribcage joints/ligaments using some kind of yoga/chiropractic. It was a very weird experience and resulted in a significant change in appearance and posture, probably also couple cm in length.

I can confirm i used to breathe shallowly at rest, and now that is gone so the theory in the OP is not completely absurd to me.

Can you advise what the stack was?

I'm in the same situation where my default breathing at a desk steadily makes me hypoxic, which is obviously no fun. Exercise snaps me out of this (swimming has provided monumental improvements to my posture / health) but i want to shift the balance more in the favour of healthy breathing.

rei

see my previous post. and btw. i did not mean anything like that i had trouble breathing / hypoxic before. Just that i defaulted to breathing shallowly and more frequent.

dreamcatcher

probably true

mine started around 18 and halted at 24. before 18 i swam daily for over 10 years and despite having a terrible lifestyle i was at least in good shape due to the resistance and natural stretching motions of swimming in water. after 18 i let my video game addiction go rampant and by 24 i was a sedentary stoner.

discovered peat around that time and halted hair loss.

only started getting regrowth when i was 30/31 - started sleeping on the floor, doing head massages to counteract fibrosis (i had a little mohawk of calcified tissue lol) and fixing my posture from years of poor habits.

my legs are much stronger and my balance and flexibility have improved so much, and the effect this has had on my mental health and ability to handle stress is remarkable. strengthening my legs, hips and core has had the most dramatic impact on my hair

for example, the greatest "exercise" i've discovered for head circulation is touching your toes. unlike hanging upside down, which is a passive exercise and will not provide the necessary stretch to open the spine and neck, maintaining perfect posture while you bend down to touch the floor forces the hips, spine, shoulders and neck to completely open up. this flushes my head and scalp and feels amazing, and i can tell that soon i will be strong enough to shift my weight fully onto hands and try hand stands xD
Thank you for sharing this, great info! I feel inspired to improve my posture. I think using mobile phones contributes to bad posture. Have you seen a bald famous male ballet dancer? I haven't.

Risingfire

This is really interesting. I noticed after a traumatic event that my posture changed and my neck was always tight. My hair started rapidly thinning after that and never grew back. I always thought the poor posture and tight neck cut off blood flow to my head and affected my hair. Anyone have ideas on how to improve a tight neck and posture(and/or trauma)?

Elephanto

Just consider all possible factors rather than trying to create a root factor for all cases of mpb. I think this is a credible one though, something to consider fixing and which will put more luck on your side when combined with other strategies. I believe there are root systemic causes (stress, Estrogen/Prolactin, Endotoxins, NO, lack of calcification-opposing factors) that promote mpb but that the factors combining to promote these systemic situations can differ greatly between individuals (high Iron, low Magnesium, low Zinc, low Vit D for instance can strongly oppose positive strategies when an individual has them). Proper breathing technique and retaining CO2 is one of the most protective measures too against calcification and unoptimal blood flow and oxygenation. Proper posture also promotes adequate oxygenation, blood and lymph flow, and as a form of slight stretching creates ATP (I think the study I'm refering to also shows that being tensed up inhibits ATP production and/or consumes it, probably also reducing Lactic Acid clearance which is also inflammatory), it is also a symptom of lower stress levels as highly stressed people often slouch.

I also find that this posture is acquired naturally when you regularly train like running at a moderate pace which strenghtens the back and the core to a surprising extent, and muscle training of course but some caution to have with heavy weights and exhausting trainings which will increase Lactic Acid and stress levels. I prefer mainly calisthenics (pull up bar, pushup variants) and 10-20kg dumbbells (squats and upper body work) with adequate rest between sets and which I can do at home, avoiding the serotogenic blue lights of the gym. When the intensity is adequate, these also help promote blood and lymph flow, oxygenation and Testosterone production which have an opposing effect on stress (T has a strong and direct one but for instance better brain oxygenation is likely to contribute importantly) and thereby will contribute to a better hormonal balance (better Thyroid production, lower Estrogen, Serotonin, and so calcification-inducing factors like Parathyroid Hormone). As DHT and DHEA-S are triggered by stress, the opposing action on stress I just mentioned is likely to also reduce the levels (the need) of these hormones, though not acutely but in long-term, which I think can contribute to mpb in some ways (excess sebum, some effects on keratinocyte proliferation, increased NO, DHT possibly triggering Estrogen Receptor Alpha) when chronically high and as seen in epidemiological studies.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

I think using mobile phones contributes to bad posture.

I'm seeing this everywhere. People walking around, hunched over their phones. Very, very common. And I see a lot of hunching over from people working at their computers at their desks.

Lilac

the greatest "exercise" i've discovered for head circulation is touching your toes. unlike hanging upside down, which is a passive exercise and will not provide the necessary stretch to open the spine and neck, maintaining perfect posture while you bend down to touch the floor forces the hips, spine, shoulders and neck to completely open up. xD

I did a few sets of toe touching yesterday, and today I feel soreness in my legs, even though I did regular stretching and exercise before. So obviously I had not been working out all my muscles. Walk around today, I felt I had better posture. So thanks for the tip. Back to basics with "touch your toes." I used to do those in grammar school. :thankyou

xetawaves

Hypothyroidism and progesterone deficiencies are related to baldness...both lack of progesterone and thyroid hormones (triiodothyronine) gives rise to estrogen and estrogen increases cortisol that destroys tissue producing fibrosis (hair shedding)... Tiiodothyronine and progesterone protect you against fibrosis keeping collagen integrity... Stress increases estrogen and estrogen increases levels of parathyroid producing calcification, prolactin producing hair growth inhibition, cortisol destroys tissue.

So you need to lower estrogen and balance your blood sugar...

Inhibit parathyroid with vitamin d
Inhibit prolactin with zinc
Inhibit Cortisol with vitamin A

But hormones like progesterone and triiodothyronine are the best active ingredients against baldness

Progesterone makes things worse for a lot of men though..

Mauritio

Progesterone makes things worse for a lot of men though..

I am a physical therapist so i see alot of peole with bad posture and baldness.
I would characterize them as follows:
- First rip stand too high ( can be lowered by therapist or by oneself)
- Tight Trapezius (pars descendens) ,pars descendens comes from your Occiput and a lot of them have a blockage bewteen CO (=Occiput)and C1 which doesnt allow reclination leading to increaed inclination (facing forward of the head)!
- tight scaleni muscles
-protraction of the humerus

somuch4food

I'm seeing this everywhere. People walking around, hunched over their phones. Very, very common. And I see a lot of hunching over from people working at their computers at their desks.

Looks like you spied on me lol.

I remember I felt more energetic for a few months. I thought it was because I was going to the gym... But it might have been the chiropractor I was seeing for my jaw that did some neck/back adjustements... Or a combination of the two.

There isn’t one single cause for hair loss.

Hypoxia seems to be one of the very central mechanisms, caused by excess free hormones starting from higher levels of free testosterone which is a pro hormone to more problematic derivatives, inflammatory reactions to the environment, and maybe improper breathing indeed.

But in a Westernized society of highly pro inflammatory, hypercaloric, insulinogenic foods, i wouldn’t blame improper posture first. Africans don’t eat trash grains and packaged evils all day. They aren’t as sedentary, but they don’t pack on crazy amounts of calories either.

brix

Hypothyroidism and progesterone deficiencies are related to baldness...both lack of progesterone and thyroid hormones (triiodothyronine) gives rise to estrogen and estrogen increases cortisol that destroys tissue producing fibrosis (hair shedding)... Tiiodothyronine and progesterone protect you against fibrosis keeping collagen integrity... Stress increases estrogen and estrogen increases levels of parathyroid producing calcification, prolactin producing hair growth inhibition, cortisol destroys tissue.

So you need to lower estrogen and balance your blood sugar...

Inhibit parathyroid with vitamin d
Inhibit prolactin with zinc
Inhibit Cortisol with vitamin A

But hormones like progesterone and triiodothyronine are the best active ingredients against baldness

I have high prog and t3 and am thinning still...

xetawaves

- Tight Trapezius (pars descendens) ,pars descendens comes from your Occiput and a lot of them have a blockage bewteen CO (=Occiput)and C1 which doesnt allow reclination leading to increaed inclination (facing forward of the head)!
- tight scaleni muscles

So is visiting a chiropractor a must or can someone fix their posture on their own? My neck juts forward a bit and I'd like to fix it. I met a guy recently with the same neck posture as me and he also has the same balding pattern.

- tight scaleni muscles

This is fascinating - I’m sorry to be a pain but would you mind explaining these observations in terms a non-physio might understand? :p

Also, it’s annoying that people have come to this thread just to spout the usual Peat wisdom about contributing hairloss factors. We KNOW most of this already, but this is an interesting new find, so let’s just consider that for now?

ExD

So is visiting a chiropractor a must or can someone fix their posture on their own? My neck juts forward a bit and I'd like to fix it. I met a guy recently with the same neck posture as me and he also has the same balding pattern.

your posture will correct itself. the problem is we don't allow it the opportunity

lifestyle keeps us in a permanent state of tension. soft chairs and beds prevent our muscles from relaxing even at rest, computers and screens leave our necks in a constant state of strain, and in general it is far easier to be sedentary, so laziness encourages us to take the simplest route because efficiency and strength of movement is no longer required thanks to automation. good posture is very much about being mindful of the body and avoiding strain and pain when we are being active, strengthening and flexing the spine

if your spine is both flexible and durable, it will act like a trunk which gives you control over your centre of gravity. good posture is nothing but lowering this centre of gravity down into the legs and particular into the thighs, removing all tension from the upper body and grounding you into the floor like a tree

if you have serious issues with posture ike scoliosis then a chiropractor might be necessary, but largely it';s just consistency and minor corrections on a day to day basis ime.

for jutting neck, i suggest focusing on your sternum area. open up your shoulders, roll your chest forward. it will probably feel uncomfortable aftr a while because your spine will be compensating for the shift in weight, but the more you do it, the more you'll notice you need to bring your head backward, in order to balance the weight of your chest

eventually you may find that you've corrected your neck, but now your back is sore. at this point it is simply about lowering the weight further down, strengthening the core as you go, until as i say, you can twist the entire spine independently of the hips, and all your weight is carried on the muscles designed to carry it, the thighs

my most consistent pain was in my lower back/hip area. this has gone entirely since i started sleeping on a hard surface and allowed my muscles a chance to completely relax for a while

Herbie

This is undeniable, once the breathing rhythm is blocked the whole organism is compromised but its not getting to the root of the matter.

But what comes first? Its known fibrosis in the body will lead to baldness no? the tonic muscles which is responsible for the expression of posture (like a post). The tonic muscles influence where the bones are in space and fibrosis can make them tight and weak and therefore not being able to erect the body to resemble a post. Fibrosis can be due to nutritional insufficiencies and hypo thyroid, stress, low progesterone, low calcium and magnesium etc.

If the metabolism is low, the co2 production is low, the mouth breathing begins, the diaphragm becomes redundant the body moves towards foetal position, digestion is compromised, electromagnetic frequency isn't flowing as it should. The head doesn't receive the energy, nutrition, lack of waste removal etc. Bad posture is a disaster for a person, it can be seen through the view of science, the eastern view. baldness is one of the symptoms of a compromised organism and so is poor posture.

Everything Ray Peat writes about will give understanding to how this occurs and takes an holistic view to fully understand the root cause and how to go about repairing.

Last edited:

Kyle Bigman

Why would finasteride improve hair loss then? It is similar to progesterone in structure. Perhaps progesterone and finasteride affect oxygen consumption somehow?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom