Balding - Co2 Bag For Head?

noqcks

Everyone knows reduced subcutaneous blood flow is a hallmark of male pattern baldness.

Minoxidil is show to be quite effective in a lot of cases.

Wouldn't a Co2 bag work just as well for vasodilation? Similar to the bag they sell at carbogenics or a simple trash bag, but wound around your crown and full of Co2.

Has anyone tried this?

Jessie

Not sure about that, those CO2 bags aren't very economical at 1,500 USD price.

Have you tried shining red light on your head, I've heard this is really effective. Topical thyroid on scalp can help too.

Inaut

@Inaut how did your shower cap Co2 experiment fare?

Gave up. Tried using a swim cap too as it seals better but it’s not ideal. You lose half the co2 trying to remove the hose... if somebody comes up with a better way, let me know

OP
noqcks

noqcks

Gave up. Tried using a swim cap too as it seals better but it’s not ideal. You lose half the co2 trying to remove the hose... if somebody comes up with a better way, let me know

Yeah, seem like you need some kind of attachment on the shower cap to plug in your co2 tank hose in. Now how to make such a device...

Richiebogie

CO2 gas at low pressure may not be as effective as CO2 generated on site.

Perhaps you could try rubbing vinegar on your head then adding baking soda = sodium bicarbonate.

This fizzes as CO2 is released according to:

NaHCO3 + CH3COOH → NaCH3COO + H2O + CO2(g)

Not sure if the other product sodium acetate is good or bad for hair growth though!

lampofred

Look up nadi shodana. Inhale thru one nostril, retain for as long as possible, breath out thru other nostril. Inhaling thru left nostril seems to be especially good for hair. As you increase the period of retention your microvessels get less and less calcified, increasing blood flow.

Look up nadi shodana. Inhale thru one nostril, retain for as long as possible, breath out thru other nostril. Inhaling thru left nostril seems to be especially good for hair. As you increase the period of retention your microvessels get less and less calcified, increasing blood flow.
@GorillaHead Ever tried this, interesting.

Inaut

@lampofred you always have some very interesting things to add. I appreciate your posts mang. Thanks!

OP
noqcks

noqcks

I grabbed a c02 bottle from a local home brewing store. Using the bottom of a swimming cap for seal and plastic bag to hold the c02.

It makes me look like a schizophrenic David foster wallace, but seems to hold the c02.

I will try 20mins everyday for a couple months to see if the hair grows.

Only noticeable effect is feeling of warmth on the scalp. Sp02% and HR same as when not using the cap.

Have a feeling it would be a lot more effective if I could pressurize this a little.

6C369C32-13EB-434C-897C-34A03AE0BBC7.jpeg

Attachments

• B4D33013-7297-4BD6-A786-53046416687D.jpeg
    B4D33013-7297-4BD6-A786-53046416687D.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 25

Inaut

I grabbed a c02 bottle from a local home brewing store. Using the bottom of a swimming cap for seal and plastic bag to hold the c02.

It makes me look like a schizophrenic David foster wallace, but seems to hold the c02.

Only noticeable effect is feeling of warmth on the scalp. Sp02% and HR same as when not using the cap.

Have a feeling it would be a lot more effective if I could pressurize this a little.

View attachment 21209

great post @noqcks !! Keep us posted

appotis

View attachment 21209
Awesome experiment.
You can try to wet your forehead and hair. The wet skin should improve co2 adsorption.

Grischbal

Dissolving dry ice in a big bowel of water. The gas should stay inside the bowel. Tunk your hair/scalp in. What do you think of that?

keytothecity

View attachment 21209
Do you feel a difference in bloodflow? When you take of the cap does your scalp look similar to how it would look after a headstand? Veins popping out and such?
I don’t think it will work but best of luck

lionsmane

Do you feel a difference in bloodflow? When you take of the cap does your scalp look similar to how it would look after a headstand? Veins popping out and such?
I don’t think it will work but best of luck
curious about this as well, any effects so far? Did it clear up any dandruff or scalp conditions? What do you feel when put it on and how's it feel afterwards?

Sheik

I wonder if this could be a good thing to do after dermaneedling, or would be helpful when combined with other treatments.

Quelsatron

Thanks! Yep, that’s what I’m doing.
IIRC, Supposedly (according to the website of some japanese co2 gel developer) CO2 absorbs best through the skin around a pH of around 4, which is a natural pH of the skin and of sweat, but I'm not sure if you get the same pH by wetting it in the shower with neutral water. You could try a vinegar solution instead

also on the topic of CO2, does anyone know if you can buy plastic overalls somewhere in the EU (preferrably sweden)? I've been bathing in a plastic bag but it's way too cumbersome to be worth doing on the regular, if I had a jumpsuit it would allow me to be way more mobile and immersed, but it seems like you can only get those by ordering them by the thousands from china. Regular plastic jumpsuits for painting etc advertise their good ventilation.

lionsmane

IIRC, Supposedly (according to the website of some japanese co2 gel developer) CO2 absorbs best through the skin around a pH of around 4, which is a natural pH of the skin and of sweat, but I'm not sure if you get the same pH by wetting it in the shower with neutral water. You could try a vinegar solution instead

also on the topic of CO2, does anyone know if you can buy plastic overalls somewhere in the EU (preferrably sweden)? I've been bathing in a plastic bag but it's way too cumbersome to be worth doing on the regular, if I had a jumpsuit it would allow me to be way more mobile and immersed, but it seems like you can only get those by ordering them by the thousands from china. Regular plastic jumpsuits for painting etc advertise their good ventilation.
Message the vendors and ask for a sample and pay for one.