Balding - Co2 Bag For Head?

OP
noqcks

noqcks

Do you feel a difference in bloodflow? When you take of the cap does your scalp look similar to how it would look after a headstand? Veins popping out and such?
I don’t think it will work but best of luck
I feel blood pumping in some way. A throb of blood pumping around my crown when I have the cap on.

Regarding scalp conditions, I don’t have any dandruff so I can’t comment.

I don’t dermaroll either.

Thanks for the tip on PH! I might try that out.

Blaine

When I had a cast on my arm, I was given a "shower bag" which was an elongated bag of heavy plastic with a right rubber seal at one end. You would stick your arm into the bag and it was quite waterproof. If you search for "cast shower protector" etc. some examples should come up.

I think one of these could possibly be fit over one's head and filled with CO2, though you might have to stretch out the rubber end a bit to make it looser. It might also be possible to roll the bag up a bit and secure it with some clamps to produce a slight positive pressure.

I may try this myself at some point. I'm not balding, but it seems like enclosing one's head in 100% CO2 could produce some interesting mental effects.

Sheik

I feel blood pumping in some way. A throb of blood pumping around my crown when I have the cap on.

Regarding scalp conditions, I don’t have any dandruff so I can’t comment.

I don’t dermaroll either.

Thanks for the tip on PH! I might try that out.
How is this going, did you keep doing this?

OP
noqcks

noqcks

I did it for around 2 months before I got distracted.

It did seem to marginally increase blood flow, but I didn’t notice any hair regrowth in the period I tried.

md_a

The benefits I think occur if CO2 is injected under the skin.

Study of the efficacy of carboxytherapy in alopecia​

Abstract​

Background: Management of alopecia areata (AA) and androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is often challenging. The use of carboxytherapy may be a novel therapeutic option for such cases.
Objective: To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of carboxytherapy in alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia.
Patients and methods: This study was conducted on 80 patients with alopecia divided into two groups; Group I included 40 AA patients (Group IA received carboxytherapy and Group IB control received placebo), and Group II included 40 AGA patients (Group IIA received carboxytherapy and Group IIB control received placebo), and followed up monthly for 3 months. They were evaluated clinically (by assessment of Severity of Alopecia Tool (SALT) score in group I, and Sinclair scale and Norwood-Hamilton scale in group II), by dermoscopy and digital dermoscopy at each visit.
Results: Group IA patients showed significant clinical improvement in SALT score and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy and at the end of follow-up period with significant reduction in dystrophic hair, black dots, yellow dots, and tapered hair coinciding with significant emergence of regrowing hair. Group IIA patients showed significant clinical and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy with significant increase in hair density measured by digital dermoscopy. However, regression of these results was observed during the follow-up period but was still significantly better than before treatment. There were statistically significant improvements in clinical score, global assessments, dermoscopic, and digital dermoscopic findings in both group IA and group IIA received carboxytherapy in comparison with group IB and group IIB received placebo injections, respectively.
Conclusion: Carboxytherapy seems to be a promising therapeutic option for patchy AA and could be helpful as an adjuvant therapy of AGA but more than 6 sessions are required and adjuvants are recommended for maintenance of the results.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDD4En0CP

What does the procedure entail?​

The carboxytherapy device used at i-Hairmed applies small amounts of sterile carbon dioxide in a controlled and safe manner.

• The gas is injected into the skin in areas of hair loss using shallow injections with a thin needle.
  • Under the influence of CO2’s reaction with the water contained in tissue, oxygen is released from hemoglobin faster and blood flow increases in the area of application. There is an increase in the number of active capillaries that nourish the hair follicles.
  • The procedure is quick, lasting about 20 minutes for a hairy scalp.
  • Carboxytherapy should be performed in a series, with the number of repetitions selected individually. Treatments can be performed at even 1-week intervals.
  • Carboxytherapy is also a great method of supporting other baldness treatments (e.g., mesotherapy).

After treatment​

The skin immediately after the procedure may be slightly red and swollen; sometimes patients also feel mild burning or tingling. These sensations disappear very quickly and do not require the use of soothing agents.

On the day of surgery, it is recommended not to wet the head, nor should you rub the skin.

Results​

After a series of treatments (usually around 8–10), hair loss is inhibited and new hair growth is stimulated. The growing hair is stronger and thicker.

Indications​

Carboxytherapy brings improvement in the treatment of baldness of various origins, including

• androgenetic alopecia
  • alopecia areata
  • seasonal hair loss
  • hair loss after pregnancy and lactation
  • hair loss after hormonal therapies, under stress
  • weak, damaged, nutritious hair — especially in women

Benefits​

• no recovery period, no special care required
  • contributes to even better and faster results when supporting other methods
  • decent price

Contraindications​

The most common contraindications for surgery are

• pregnancy or breast-feeding
  • blood coagulation disorders
  • diabetes
  • active inflammation on the scalp
  • cancer
  • use of blood thinning drugs

lionsmane

Abstract​

Background: Management of alopecia areata (AA) and androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is often challenging. The use of carboxytherapy may be a novel therapeutic option for such cases.
Objective: To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of carboxytherapy in alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia.
Patients and methods: This study was conducted on 80 patients with alopecia divided into two groups; Group I included 40 AA patients (Group IA received carboxytherapy and Group IB control received placebo), and Group II included 40 AGA patients (Group IIA received carboxytherapy and Group IIB control received placebo), and followed up monthly for 3 months. They were evaluated clinically (by assessment of Severity of Alopecia Tool (SALT) score in group I, and Sinclair scale and Norwood-Hamilton scale in group II), by dermoscopy and digital dermoscopy at each visit.
Results: Group IA patients showed significant clinical improvement in SALT score and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy and at the end of follow-up period with significant reduction in dystrophic hair, black dots, yellow dots, and tapered hair coinciding with significant emergence of regrowing hair. Group IIA patients showed significant clinical and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy with significant increase in hair density measured by digital dermoscopy. However, regression of these results was observed during the follow-up period but was still significantly better than before treatment. There were statistically significant improvements in clinical score, global assessments, dermoscopic, and digital dermoscopic findings in both group IA and group IIA received carboxytherapy in comparison with group IB and group IIB received placebo injections, respectively.
Conclusion: Carboxytherapy seems to be a promising therapeutic option for patchy AA and could be helpful as an adjuvant therapy of AGA but more than 6 sessions are required and adjuvants are recommended for maintenance of the results.

The carboxytherapy device used at i-Hairmed applies small amounts of sterile carbon dioxide in a controlled and safe manner.

• The gas is injected into the skin in areas of hair loss using shallow injections with a thin needle.
  • Under the influence of CO2’s reaction with the water contained in tissue, oxygen is released from hemoglobin faster and blood flow increases in the area of application. There is an increase in the number of active capillaries that nourish the hair follicles.
  • Carboxytherapy should be performed in a series, with the number of repetitions selected individually. Treatments can be performed at even 1-week intervals.
  • Carboxytherapy is also a great method of supporting other baldness treatments (e.g., mesotherapy).

After treatment​

The skin immediately after the procedure may be slightly red and swollen; sometimes patients also feel mild burning or tingling. These sensations disappear very quickly and do not require the use of soothing agents.

On the day of surgery, it is recommended not to wet the head, nor should you rub the skin.

Results​

After a series of treatments (usually around 8–10), hair loss is inhibited and new hair growth is stimulated. The growing hair is stronger and thicker.

Indications​

Carboxytherapy brings improvement in the treatment of baldness of various origins, including

• androgenetic alopecia
  • alopecia areata
  • seasonal hair loss

Benefits​

• decent price

Contraindications​

• pregnancy or breast-feeding
  • blood coagulation disorders
  • diabetes
  • active inflammation on the scalp
  • cancer
  • use of blood thinning drugs

Co2 has been shown to be absorbed by damp skin as well

Davinci

Abstract​

After treatment​

Results​

Indications​

• androgenetic alopecia
  • alopecia areata
  • seasonal hair loss

Benefits​

• decent price

Contraindications​