Bald Guy Regrows Hair With Birth Control Pills

mrchibbs

This guy is famous on hair loss forums.

https://twohen.neocities.org/10-years-ago-I-was-hair-loss-and-almost-bald/index.html

Recently he shared his hair regrowth story using birth control pills. In a nutshell he uses Diane-35 which contains ethinyl-estradiol and cyproterone acetate. Some progestins, and short-time spironolactone.

No surprise there. I’ve written quite a few posts on cyproterone acetate on this forum in the last little while. It isn’t available in the US on its own, because its actually an anti-estrogen (and big pharma doesn’t like anti estrogenic compounds). It notably raises plasma progesterone, while also lowering cortisol and aldosterone.

Funnily enough I think cyproterone acetate and spironolactone work better, and are safer than finasteride. Both of these substances have led to documented full cases of baldness reversal, and the side effects seem less dangerous and permanent than finasteride. I still wouldn’t recommend or use them for hair loss, especially not when progesterone is available, and all three are simply progesterone derivates.

Last edited:
OP
E

Estradiol

No surprise there. I’ve written quite a few posts on cyproterone acetate on this forum in the last little while. It isn’t available in the US on its own, because its actually an anti-estrogen (and big pharma doesn’t like anti estrogenic compounds). It also raises plasma progesterone, while also lowering cortisol and aldosterone.

Funnily enough I think cyproterone acetate and spironolactone work better, and are safer than finasteride. Both of these substances have led to documented full cases of baldness reversal, and the side effects seem less dangerous and permanent than finasteride. I still wouldn’t recommend or use them for hair loss, especially not when progesterone is available, and all three are simply progesterone derivates.

Actually I wrote that topic it was banned.

Interesting Facts About Cyproterone (Hair Loss)

Broken man

Collden

Yet more evidence that baldness is just part of being a man, for some men. He had to turn into a woman to grow back his hair.

It seems like he’s deliberately undertaking the first (chemical) stages of becoming a lady boy. Castration ‘cures’ baldness too doesn’t it?

OP
E

Estradiol

It seems like he’s deliberately undertaking the first (chemical) stages of becoming a lady boy. Castration ‘cures’ baldness too doesn’t it?

It's all about adrenal androgens not gonadal.

And no castration doesn't cure baldness. It reduces gonadal androgen synthesis. Adrenals still produce androgens which is the root of the problem.

Ethinyl-estradiol is not used in MTF protocol by the way.

mrchibbs

And yet some people heres still say that hairlos is due to bad diet or stress...

Lol. What do you think causes low progesterone and high adrenal androgens? Sometimes I wonder if you’re for real

Kvothe

Lol. What do you think causes low progesterone and high adrenal androgens? Sometimes I wonder if you’re for real

At least in men, high progesterone and adrenal androgens often go together because the elevated progesterone seen in stressed men is mostly produced by the adrenals. Additionally, balding men often have liver issues. A sluggish liver will excrete less progsterone, which is why I would expect balding men to have higher serum progesterone. This is not to say that progesterone is in any way involved in the pathogenic process, but I don't think "high adrenal androgens and low progesterone" is a common pattern in balding men.

mrchibbs

At least in men, high progesterone and adrenal androgens often go together because the elevated progesterone seen in stressed men is mostly produced by the adrenals. Additionally, balding men often have liver issues. A sluggish liver will excrete less progsterone, which is why I would expect balding men to have higher serum progesterone. This is not to say that progesterone is in any way involved in the pathogenic process, but I don't think "high adrenal androgens and low progesterone" is a common pattern in balding men.

Well, not according to what I’ve seen, progesterone is not elevated in either stressed men or women (in fact MPB and PCOS have deficiency of progesterone and elevated DHEA) and Ray himself has commented that the adrenals aren’t good at producing progesterone, hence why they make a lot of DHEA

It's all about adrenal androgens not gonadal.

And no castration doesn't cure baldness. It reduces gonadal androgen synthesis. Adrenals still produce androgens which is the root of the problem.

Ethinyl-estradiol is not used in MTF protocol by the way.

I live in Thailand (as does the subject of this thread) and for whatever reasons becoming a ‘Kateoy’ (lady boy) is a lot more common and socially acceptable here.

As far as I am aware the process of becoming a lady boy is initially induced via a chemical process often followed by surgery.

Ok, my point is really that he seems very confused or perhaps just unhappy in regards to certain aspects of his sexuality and seems to have undertaken a path that might be hard to reverse should he ever decide that he might want to do that. Keeping the extreme physical changes he is undergoing in mind is it really ‘worth it’ for the purpose of hair restoration? Something that might need to be considered by anyone tempted to try to replicate his success in re-growing their hair

OP
E

Estradiol

I live in Thailand (as does the subject of this thread) and for whatever reasons becoming a ‘Kateoy’ (lady boy) is a lot more common and socially acceptable here.

As far as I am aware the process of becoming a lady boy is initially induced via a chemical process often followed by surgery.

Ok, my point is really that he seems very confused or perhaps just unhappy in regards to certain aspects of his sexuality and seems to have undertaken a path that might be hard to reverse should he ever decide that he might want to do that. Keeping the extreme physical changes he is undergoing in mind is it really ‘worth it’ for the purpose of hair restoration? Something that might need to be considered by anyone tempted to try to replicate his success in re-growing their hair

Are those lady boys in Thailand have good hair?

Are those lady boys in Thailand have good hair?
Usually, but not always. The success or otherwise of the conversation from male to female seems a lot more likely when initiated at an early age.

If the process is started early enough, and due to the general social acceptability of it here,it often is it can be hard to tell at a glance. Sometimes, especially if the process is started later they maintain many more male characteristics appearance wise.

I’m just trying to offer a bit of cultural insight here. IMO the subject has chosen to take the first steps in becoming a lady boy.

mrchibbs

I think it's possible that they would have had similar results using natural progesterone with aspirin, while actively working to normalize adrenal androgens and cascading stress. I think in a lot of cases excess androgens can impose or reinforce a cycle of stress if someone isn't meeting energy/nutritional requirements.

It's what I think as well. Basically the things Danny Roddy has talked about for 7 years or so. He doesn't get the credit he's due as a researcher. Optimizing thyroid reduces the adrenal androgens, and also progesterone, but some exogenous hormones are helpful along the way I guess.

Ray has emphasized pregnenolone for men, apparently in his view it is quite effective at stopping the excessive adrenal production. I might experience I can't say I've noticed major changes, except the famous facelifting effect.

OP
E

Estradiol

I think it's possible that they would have had similar results using natural progesterone with aspirin, while actively working to normalize adrenal androgens and cascading stress. I think in a lot of cases excess androgens can impose or reinforce a cycle of stress if someone isn't meeting energy/nutritional requirements.

As a 3 years (micronized) progesterone user I can say that it has nothing done for my hair nor improved any "androgenic" symptom like hirsutism, excessive sweating etc.

mrchibbs

As a 3 years (micronized) progesterone user I can say that it has nothing done for my hair nor improved any "androgenic" symptom like hirsutism, excessive sweating etc.

I don't think exogenous hormones are enough to reverse underlying problems though.

Back
Top Bottom