Baking Soda

tomisonbottom

Jenn said:
Saliva should be 6.5-7 first thing in the AM. Too low could indicate your body is making lactic acid....or that your an out of food before waking and are running on adrenals.

So if I'm not digesting well but I'm still waking up with a ph of 7, does that mean I should try a more acidic solution, like apple cider vinegar before meals?

Jenn

The ACV would be WITH the meal or right after. When you take ACV, you are supplementing/aiding weak stomach acid. When you take baking soda, you are supplementing/aiding insufficient bicarbonate in the pancreas or sodium bicarbonate in the kidneys. Timing and understanding why you are doing it is important.

Are you chewing sufficiently? I mean really chewing?

tomisonbottom

Jenn said:
The ACV would be WITH the meal or right after. When you take ACV, you are supplementing/aiding weak stomach acid. When you take baking soda, you are supplementing/aiding insufficient bicarbonate in the pancreas or sodium bicarbonate in the kidneys. Timing and understanding why you are doing it is important.

Are you chewing sufficiently? I mean really chewing?

Okay, so I should take acv with a meal then if I'm not digesting?
And yeah, I chew......could probably do better but I know chewing is not the main issue because it happens with orange juice and milk too.

I've taken digestive bitters and those often help but I don't like being dependent on them. Plus they are hard to use out in public or when I'm not at home, and they're expensive.

Jenn

"It" meaning diarrhea?
Digestion and assimilation occuring in different areas. Digestion happens in the stomach and assimilation happens in the intestines. You need sodium to assimilate, but it also needs to be already broken down by enzymes to be small enough to absorb through the intestinal wall. Persorption can also occur with thins like undigested starches and can cause leaky gut syndrome. There's also what my nutritionist call lead pipe syndrome, where the intestines are damaged or lined with gunk that prevents absorption of the nutrients...so it just passes through.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals