dand

Well thanks for the advice! >>>Magic Mushrooms= great dental regimen<<<

It's weird and I can't quite figure out what the mechanism, but it is definitely real and almost instant. I think they must have a pro-thyroid effect.

L

lollipop

Interesting. Might have to swap lemon in for the ACV in my experiment and see what happens.
If you do, please update if you see any differences. I was intuitively more drawn to the lemon than the ACV.

artist

If you do, please update if you see any differences. I was intuitively more drawn to the lemon than the ACV.
Will do, although I am a bit sensitive to citrus because of my histamine intolerance so that could confound things.

L

lollipop

Will do, although I am a bit sensitive to citrus because of my histamine intolerance so that could confound things.
Oh totally. Might rethink then. If that is the case, I am not sure so would.

Titanium

Interesting. I have ra for a long time, it is quite stable now on Peat but I'm always in for some experiment.
I started with 0.5 gram of baking soda for two days. First day I noticed my resting pulse dropped from 42 to 38.
Second day I noticed on early morning drive I had to set the temperature in my car lower as usual to feel comfortable.
Third day I increased the dose to 2 grams. Maybe my pulse went up a bit but that might also be due to some exhaustion of a bicycle ride on same day.
Fourth day I increased to 4 grams together with orange juice (that gives the fizz effect).
Nothing happened with my pulse, I'm using a cheap China device that measures optically the blood-flow through my fingertip.
That cheap China device also displays the oxygen saturation. It used to be always near 99% (max); now it showed something in the 80% after walking a stair and it slowly climbed to 99%.
Also there was another side-effect. My family complaining heavily about my snoring.
I saw a study that linked high sodium intake to snoring, it claimed that with high sodium more fluid is retained in the body that narrows the nasal pathway.
Probably to soon to know the real potential benefits but for now I have stopping this experiment.

Titanium

Small update. Fifth day I skipped the baking soda but took a glass of water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the evening.
My resting pulse dropped even further to 35 bpm. I have never seen it so low. Not feeling cold so I don't think it is a negative effect.
When inflammation or RA activity is increased my resting pulse usually goes up. As resting pulse went down I assume inflammation is really minimal.
I do not understand the effect but both baking soda as ACV have a powerful and instant response.
The snoring is almost over again, but as I followed several remedies including the ACV I can not tell if that was the cure.

Amazoniac

All there.
What are your thoughts these days? Do you think acid-base balance governs us all?
Some thoughts are scattered here and in the next one:
Haidut Email Advice Depository
Given what most people report from experimentation, this state of undetectable latent acidosis is much more common than the alkalosis that gbolduev talks about (it's possible that I'm missing something). He was recommending potassium chloride as a general suggested protocol to people and only then (as Zeus mentioned) he added that it's just one case of imbalance. I think too much attention is given to sodium (justified) but too little to potassium; and it doesn't govern us all because it's pboy that does, but it can reflect what is going on, however (as with the previous post), the blood is kept within a narrow range; and just like with thyroid hormones, the person might be suffering with decent blood tests. It's clearer in acute rather than chronic problems, so it's often used in emergencies.

Last edited:

yerrag

Thanks for sharing. It sheds light on chronic conditions that happen because the conditions that foster them are allowed to exist because there is no acute condition yet that warrants remedial action. Arthritis is one inevitable result from neglecting to raise red flags in acid-base imbalances that are readily compensated for by the lungs and kidneys. But this is the medical paradigm and mindset to which we are subjected to. Red flags are not acted upon, and if acted upon, are not going to be covered by insurance. It would actually cost less for the insurance company to be on the preventive side of things, by acting before the condition worsens. But instead, we have to wait for the situation to worsen to an acute stage, at which point a lot of damage would already have occurred.

This is good to know because we know doctors can't help us prevent chronic diseases. Knowing how to keep ourselves from acid-base imbalances, we can begin to have a better food lifestyle - less meat, more vegetables and fruits, making sure we get enough alkalinic minerals - magnesium, calcium, potassium, and sodium. And preferably without relying on supplementation. The supplements with these minerals come often with anions that either puts an acidic load (for example the chloride in magnesium chloride or potassium chloride), or have an untoward side effect, such as the case of citrates (which reduces ceruloplamin). Incidentally, the study makes use of a mineral supplement called Basica. It mostly contains citrates as the anion. I guess the choice of citrates is that it is an organic acid, and thus doesn't constitute an acidic load. Yet it isn't blemish-free in the sense that too much citrates have an effect of ceruloplasmin. The best source of these alkalinic minerals would be through a combination of fresh fruit juices and vegetable juices, as well as cooked green leaves. Good luck getting people to implement such a lifestyle. Many people prefer supplementation, unfortunately.

vulture

@burtlancast Haidut, this is amazing! I'm going to tell my friend with RA about it right away. Whether she will follow through is another issue. Also, I know baking soda is used on dialysis patients, and this sounds really similar to Ted's alkalizing formula at earthclinic.com which is a mixture of lemon juice, baking soda and water. Here is a short description from that web site:

4. LEMON BICARBONATE FORMULA
This simple formula will normalized many biological parameters, pH, ORP, phosphates, bicarbonates and antioxidants of vitamin C. A potential miracle water. One whole lemon freshly squeezed. Keep adding baking soda slowly bit by bit until the fizz stops. Then you will add water to one half glass. This is often taken twice a day. To be taken once in the morning and once before bedtime on an empty stomach.

I haven't tried this yet but will at smaller amounts at least initially. Did the effects also persist in humans or just the rats?
That's actually pretty common in Venezuela. People take it when they have an upset stomach.

Amazoniac

Thanks for sharing. It sheds light on chronic conditions that happen because the conditions that foster them are allowed to exist because there is no acute condition yet that warrants remedial action. Arthritis is one inevitable result from neglecting to raise red flags in acid-base imbalances that are readily compensated for by the lungs and kidneys. But this is the medical paradigm and mindset to which we are subjected to. Red flags are not acted upon, and if acted upon, are not going to be covered by insurance. It would actually cost less for the insurance company to be on the preventive side of things, by acting before the condition worsens. But instead, we have to wait for the situation to worsen to an acute stage, at which point a lot of damage would already have occurred.

This is good to know because we know doctors can't help us prevent chronic diseases. Knowing how to keep ourselves from acid-base imbalances, we can begin to have a better food lifestyle - less meat, more vegetables and fruits, making sure we get enough alkalinic minerals - magnesium, calcium, potassium, and sodium. And preferably without relying on supplementation. The supplements with these minerals come often with anions that either puts an acidic load (for example the chloride in magnesium chloride or potassium chloride), or have an untoward side effect, such as the case of citrates (which reduces ceruloplamin). Incidentally, the study makes use of a mineral supplement called Basica. It mostly contains citrates as the anion. I guess the choice of citrates is that it is an organic acid, and thus doesn't constitute an acidic load. Yet it isn't blemish-free in the sense that too much citrates have an effect of ceruloplasmin. The best source of these alkalinic minerals would be through a combination of fresh fruit juices and vegetable juices, as well as cooked green leaves. Good luck getting people to implement such a lifestyle. Many people prefer supplementation, unfortunately.
Agreed!

benaoao

Good luck getting people to implement such a lifestyle. Many people prefer supplementation, unfortunately.

In my experience getting people to drink mineral water and fresh juices only, eat salad with Apple cider vinegar+EVOO, boiled (sweet) potatoes / purées instead of grains, lean meats and fish instead of fatty cuts, whole fruits - that’s all doable

Whether they adhere or not is usually dependent on how profound and rapid the results are - good news is within a couple weeks there are massive changes happening in terms of mood, energy, sleep... all tied to long term unresolved inflammation and acidity IMO. Thyroid and sex hormones are only adapting to what’s happening in the digestive tract.

L

lollipop

In my experience getting people to drink mineral water and fresh juices only, eat salad with Apple cider vinegar+EVOO, boiled (sweet) potatoes / purées instead of grains, lean meats and fish instead of fatty cuts, whole fruits - that’s all doable

Whether they adhere or not is usually dependent on how profound and rapid the results are - good news is within a couple weeks there are massive changes happening in terms of mood, energy, sleep... all tied to long term unresolved inflammation and acidity IMO. Thyroid and sex hormones are only adapting to what’s happening in the digestive tract.
Smart post. I agree. As time passes, I am more and more convinced that fresh, unprocessed, clean, homemade foods - eliminating PUFA oils except EVOO, create a sustainable way to recover health and maintain health.

kondevantoni

Two weeks of 2 gr backing soda+berry juice concentrate /once a day = 90% remission of my eczema of more than 20 years. I am still lost in disbelief!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut @lisaferraro
Does anyone have any idea if this could work using potassium bicarbonate instead of baking soda?

It should, as it was the bicarbonate that provided the benefit. However, I am not sure using that much potassium bicarbonate would be safe as sudden rise in potassium levels can be very dangerous for the heart.

Wagner83

It should, as it was the bicarbonate that provided the benefit. However, I am not sure using that much potassium bicarbonate would be safe as sudden rise in potassium levels can be very dangerous for the heart.
What are your thoughts on the importance of the dietary sodium (particularly NaCl) / potassium ratio and why would a high NaCl intake (as per Peat's frequent advice) be safe when it's obvious it used to be much much lower in the diet while potassium was higher for most?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals