Baking Soda, CO2, Personal Experiences

babadook

Has anyone had negative effects during or after chronic baking soda use? I had been taking around 1 tsp, 3x / day and felt really great. I was more relaxed, reading a lot, skin looked much better, circulation felt better based on temperature of hands and feet. After a month or so, I started getting heart palpitations and a chest rash. When I stopped, my skin became really itchy and I would get dizzy frequently. These symptoms have mostly subsided after about a year.

Ray has mentioned before that it can sometimes relax the heart too much. I did ask if he had any thoughts about my symptoms and this was his reply:

"I think it would be good to have a blood test, including thyroid function. Baking soda can help a person to compensate for hypothyroidism."

My thyroid levels (according to lab results) have always been good. Taking even just a little thyroid reliably lowers my TSH to below 0.1.

carlz

I saw something recently about Milk Alkali Syndrome here on the forum. Basically too much calcium + bicarbonate can lead to it. As with anything, there is such a thing as too much. I definitely don’t like taking baking soda (or anything else) too often. Cycling on and off seems like a good idea to me.

EtxEtx

Has anyone had negative effects during or after chronic baking soda use? I had been taking around 1 tsp, 3x / day and felt really great. I was more relaxed, reading a lot, skin looked much better, circulation felt better based on temperature of hands and feet. After a month or so, I started getting heart palpitations and a chest rash. When I stopped, my skin became really itchy and I would get dizzy frequently. These symptoms have mostly subsided after about a year.

Ray has mentioned before that it can sometimes relax the heart too much. I did ask if he had any thoughts about my symptoms and this was his reply:

"I think it would be good to have a blood test, including thyroid function. Baking soda can help a person to compensate for hypothyroidism."

My thyroid levels (according to lab results) have always been good. Taking even just a little thyroid reliably lowers my TSH to below 0.1.
There is a protocol by Dr. Sircus, always includes cycling off completely for one week. And cycling down as well, in other words, constant dose without a break is not the directed plan of use. Would highly recommend looking at a known proven protocol re: baking soda oral use.

Sounds like too much of a good thing, to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals