Baking Soda And Stomach Acid

Cesar Motta

I've been taking baking soda (1 hour after meals) for a few months now and have been feeling more energetic since then. However, I have not yet fully understood how to use it correctly, since I recognize that I must have high stomach acid, but wouldn't bicarbonate neutralize it? What should I do, take with apple cider vinegar or stop taking, considering that I want to keep my stomach acid high?

I just take it between meals. Your stomach should be empty. That could take an hour or an hour and a half.

Amazoniac

jamies33

I mix it with orange juice

i would wait 45 min before a meal or 3 hours post. I would advise against mixing it with anything besides Water because of the interactions it can have with so many things.

Max23

You can also do Wim Hof breathing, it has similar alkalizing effects. Both are beneficial for my muscles also, but the breathing is not good for my jew or I would do it more. With baking soda water drinking you might eventualy get acid reflux.

You can also do Wim Hof breathing, it has similar alkalizing effects. Both are beneficial for my muscles also, but the breathing is not good for my jew or I would do it more. With baking soda water drinking you might eventualy get acid reflux.

I cannot explain how, but you need bicarbonate because we cant regulate it only via Gasexchange. Just breathing doesnt help for all issues of metabolic acidosis.

Max23

I cannot explain how, but you need bicarbonate because we cant regulate it only via Gasexchange. Just breathing doesnt help for all issues of metabolic acidosis.

Wim Hof breathing was very powerful when I did it. Well it can be an additional tool at least. I get horrible acid reflux from drinking baking soda water. Maybe breathing can be used to lessen drinking it. I wonder about baths. That could be another method. Tried rubbing on the skin, didn´t work. Interesting! This article talks about it: Baking soda bath: 10 benefits and risks. It says it can help with eczema, well I´ve got eczema, and with fungus infections. It says a 1/4 to 2 cups per path. I should definitely try that with one cup. It could also be an option for the op.

Recoen

You can always do a baking soda bath, foot bath, or spray it on your skin. Same for potassium bicarb too. I imagine Ca bicarb would also work and the liquid, Mg bicarb, but I haven’t tried them yet.

Wim Hof breathing was very powerful when I did it. Well it can be an additional tool at least. I get horrible acid reflux from drinking baking soda water. Maybe breathing can be used to lessen drinking it. I wonder about baths. That could be another method. Tried rubbing on the skin, didn´t work. Interesting! This article talks about it: Baking soda bath: 10 benefits and risks. It says it can help with eczema, well I´ve got eczema, and with fungus infections. It says a 1/4 to 2 cups per path. I should definitely try that with one cup. It could also be an option for the op.

1g is already powerful; maybe decrease the dosage to 250mg 4/day ?

Max23

1g is already powerful; maybe decrease the dosage to 250mg 4/day ?

Nice idea. I never think to reduce the quantity. I usually went with 2,5 grams per cup. I will try smaller doses. I like how it makes my teeth feel and also improves muscles.

Max23

I mix it with orange juice

That is a really nice method. I tried it. I was scared at first because I was afraid that unwanted chemical reactions might occur. Sometimes I get bum itch from the acidity of orange juice and acid reflux from baking soda water. From mixing them I don´t get either, yet I get the beneficial muscle and body heat and sweat (good for exercise) generating effects.

That is a really nice method. I tried it. I was scared at first because I was afraid that unwanted chemical reactions might occur. Sometimes I get bum itch from the acidity of orange juice and acid reflux from baking soda water. From mixing them I don´t get either, yet I get the beneficial muscle and body heat and sweat (good for exercise) generating effects.

Try to take it lower dosed, but more frequently. It reacts with the OJ, which is not good for the benefit of increasing bicarbonate storage.

jamies33

Its really nice to reduce the citric acid of less sweet orange juice