Bags under eyes and pale color

iLoveSugar

Anyone overcome this? For many years, I have had extreme sunken eyes with terrible green/blueish/brownish bags underneath. With that, I have a pale color in my face.

J

j.

Still didn't overcome it after 21 months of Peating, though mostly diet and pregnenolone, and little thyroid.

Suikerbuik

Not sure about the real moleculair reason behind it. I suspect oxygen depletion if there's any not 'healthy' color. No doubt there's also some 'energy drain' present, most likely something related to immune system activity. And since most of the immune tissue (60-70%) lies in the gut, I suspect the gut is involved.
Don't know if it will ever go away even, if it's possible to get your gut fixed.. By the way really fixing the gut (not suppressing bad factors) is quite difficult. The only possible way I know of to change really your gut microbiome is by fecal transplant.

Rest in my case does wonders too, although it doesn't fix the underlying problem.

M

marikay

A little progest-e under your eyes will make a huge and immediate difference. Dark color under the eyes is a bruise. Maybe some vitamin K?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

marikay said:
A little progest-e under your eyes will make a huge and immediate difference. Dark color under the eyes is a bruise. Maybe some vitamin K?

The bags are a chronic problem (lifelong).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Mine have improved after a couple days of taking diamox. If it is hypoxia from estrogen excess then increasing co2 should make a difference and it has for me. I'm of the opinion after reading and rereading Peat's articles that co2 is at least as important as thyroid and progesterone in its healing and protective actions. My spo2 today was 100% and it is normally 97%. The spo2 measures the saturation of red blood cells with oxygen and although mine was adequate before it's perfect now. My nail beds are pink. And my dark area under my eyes has dramatically improved. I'm going to continue paying attention to diet, metabolism and hormones but I knew for my situation I needed to boost the co2 production for healing and it is going better than I imagined it would. I just thought I'd pass this info along incase it might help.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

My recent co2 blood test results were higher than lab range. The range was 18-30 and I was 31.
Does that show anything? What is diamox? A Peaty supplement?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes. That is a venous level for co2 and as a follower of a peat style approach I think a bit above the reference range is good. What I checked was a simple oximetry reading which uses an infrared light to estimate oxygen saturation. We have to have adequate co2 to oxygenate at the cellular level. I think if you have been bag breathing or doing buteyko along with adequate carbs from sugar it is probable the venous co2 will be slightly elevated. I simply checked the oxygen saturation because of easy access. The blood draw is great, I should probably consider doing that. I would be curious to know if Ray Peat has a co2 level that he thinks is optimal. I have a feeling it is something that we need to judge for ourselves based on our body's feedback like with thyroid.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Unfortunately my breathing still sucks. And I still feel like crap. Maybe co2 is no issue with me?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Please don't despair ilovesugar! Just because your co2 was one point higher than the labs reference range doesn't mean you wouldn't benefit from raising it even more. Those reference ranges are based on combined data from all the people who get labs drawn so they are not always the best. I just wanted you to know that the diamox helped my puffiness and dark circles. Only you know what's best for you. You can get help making those decisions by knowing what has helped others. All of us need to either repair or maintain cellular respiration or we wouldn't be on this forum. At least you are aware and engaging in a healing lifestyle.