Baggy, Dark Bags Under Eyes. (wtf)

bluefish

why do people get dark bags under eyes?

Im thinking Im basically pretty healthy... but for some reason I have dark bags under my eyes...
Any thoughts on why?

and how to "fix"?

diet? sleep? detoxing? environemtal toxins? stress??

Scenes

Not sure but lots of things can cause it for me, including aspirin, pyrucet and defibron. Makes me think it’s related to oxidising fats over glucose but seems backward in my case...so I got no idea.

Oral pregnenolone fixes it.

Fred

Sleep is a major factor, in my case, at least. You may need more sleep than you think. Try staying in bed until you really feel like getting up. If your sleep is segmented/interrupted, this might take 10+ hours.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Cool, thanks...
recently my sleep became interrupted. I feel it was really good for a while, and then, all of a sudden, it became segmented/interrupted, as you put it.
So, aside of whatever else is causing the bags, and darker circles, it could well be due to whatever is going on with my sleep.

Im taking supps... from idealabs: Oxidal, magoil, mitolipin, ... as well as ... other stuff such as shilajit, VitD, vitK, idk few other things...

HUF

Hi @bluefish when I was taking sups my sleep got badly affected as I don't think I could meet the metabolic demands that the sups caused through increasing my metabolism. When I stopped sups and focused on just diet my sleep got way better. Hope that helps, good luck with it all.

LUH 3417

I don’t have bags as in fluid under my eyes but I’ve always had dark circles, since I was like 8. Whenever I get a tan they disappear. Makes me wonder if vitamin D is the missing link. Do you have high cheekbones? Sometimes the shadow from the eye bone and cheekbones makes it look like the dark circles are worse than they may actually be.

redsun

why do people get dark bags under eyes?

Im thinking Im basically pretty healthy... but for some reason I have dark bags under my eyes...
Any thoughts on why?

and how to "fix"?

diet? sleep? detoxing? environemtal toxins? stress??

Could be general toxicity to the body caused by drugs, too many supplements or specific compounds in supplements, heavy metal toxicity. Also poor sleep and sleep disorders can worsen it. Also could be allergens (from diet or environment), too much inflammation and toxin build up that tend to be exacerbated by certain diseases such as obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, liver problems.

Many issues but the gist is having too many toxins or toxic burden.

I don’t have bags as in fluid under my eyes but I’ve always had dark circles, since I was like 8. Whenever I get a tan they disappear. Makes me wonder if vitamin D is the missing link. Do you have high cheekbones? Sometimes the shadow from the eye bone and cheekbones makes it look like the dark circles are worse than they may actually be.

That's interesting, the tan could just be hiding them though. Wouldn't be surprised if sunlight increases detoxification though I cant say I directly read anything about that.

Zigzag

weak bone support (orbital rims/cheekbones) or basically no fat in that area.

Fred

Cool, thanks...
recently my sleep became interrupted. I feel it was really good for a while, and then, all of a sudden, it became segmented/interrupted, as you put it.
So, aside of whatever else is causing the bags, and darker circles, it could well be due to whatever is going on with my sleep.

Im taking supps... from idealabs: Oxidal, magoil, mitolipin, ... as well as ... other stuff such as shilajit, VitD, vitK, idk few other things...

When my sleep is interrupted, I drink 12-16 oz of orange juice, and that ALWAYS allows me to fall back asleep. Glycogen supplies run out in the night and you need to replace that sugar. This is the closest thing there is to a safe sleeping pill. I would stay away from protein near bedtime as well, and don't eat chocolate at night. These interrupt sleep. It took me a long time to figure this stuff out. Hope it works for you.
I also would look at big picture stuff first and don't worry too much about supplements. Get sufficient protein (earlier in the day). Avoid PUFAs. Get sun. Then have a carb-heavy meal for your last meal. And get adequate sleep. Adequate sleep is the amount your body needs... not necessarily what your job/life accommodates. But at least try to get one really good night's sleep as an experiment.

RealNeat

yup the same sun thing for me

Greyfox

Someone posted a link to a website here about sexual exhaustion. On the website they provide an explanation of bags under eyes.

"In addition, excessive histamine stimulates excessive α-MSH release in the tissues around the eyes (dark eye circles), scrotum, labia majors or minors, perineum, inner thighs and even nipples, leading to skin darkness known as Hyperpigmentation. Thus, darkness of these skins indicate excessive histamine release locally. Beside excessive sex, other factors such as genetic factors, allergy, sleeping depletion (melatonin deficiency), sickness, and psychological stress, can also cause excessive α-MSH release. However, high-frequency sex will darken eye circles and labia minors very fast due to its induced poor local blood circulation and overall blood color change as result of excessive norepinephrine, epinephrine, prolactin and α-MSH in the bloodstream. For more information, please go to Excessive sex for darker eye cycles, nips, labia minors, pelvic area, perineum, clitoral and penile foreskin."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals