Bag Breathing Vs Breath Holding?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
co2islife said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I've been following Ray Peat's work for a couple of years now.

Anyway just letting you know I've developed a device that allows you to control the amount of co2 your breath in to the hundredths place. You control it with your smart phone. I'm just developing one for someone right now. You can wear the mask while meditating, reading, watching tv, etc...

I'll post some pictures at some point. I've been working on it for a year and a half now and am just finishing completing it. So I can't say what benefits I've received from it. However I know Ray Peat has said in an article that the main problem of hypothyroidism is the lack of co2 produced.

Will let you know all know how it goes.

Steve
I can't wait to see it too!

natedawggh

I recently learned about pursed lip breathing and think it's really effective. It's definitely much easier than just trying to breathe slow, and you don't have to hold a bag (but may not increase co2 as dramatically... Idk it'd have to be measured) Just breathe in normally and on the exhale, purse your lips together to restrict the exhale and create back pressure in your lungs, you'll find it's very easy to extend the exhale to nearly 30 seconds, and doing this past a bit of air hunger results in much relaxation.

tara

natedawggh said:
I recently learned about pursed lip breathing and think it's really effective. It's definitely much easier than just trying to breathe slow, and you don't have to hold a bag (but may not increase co2 as dramatically... Idk it'd have to be measured) Just breathe in normally and on the exhale, purse your lips together to restrict the exhale and create back pressure in your lungs, you'll find it's very easy to extend the exhale to nearly 30 seconds, and doing this past a bit of air hunger results in much relaxation.
I've tried this a couple of times now and like it. Easier to do than just straight reduced breathing when the hyperventilation is already underway. I was pursing for the in breath too. Any reason not to? Nice to add to the repertoire. Thanks.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
An easy way to remember the pursed lip breathing technique is: Smell the roses (inhale through the nose) and blow out the candles (exhale through pushed lips).

ken

Hey, I've used a body sized bag and filled it with co2 for a couple of years. It's a spa treatment in eastern europe. They use it for a half to a whole hour, three or four times a week. In a month they think it provides long term changes. Google dry co2 bath. I'm using it for arthritic knee problems per Dr. Peat's advise. But It seems to be good for what ails you. Just get something stretchy to seal off the neck. get as much air out as possible and inflate with carbon dioxide from the welding or beverage gas place. You need a beverage regulator, a tank and hose, and the single mattress storage bags work. The bags have holes punched into them but a little time and scotch tape works. You could probably use a blue tooth keyboard and mouse in it. I know the tv remote works fine. Peatarian said she used to fall asleep in hers. I don't like waking up wet. It seems to drive edema out through the skin. Good Luck

tara

ken said:
They use it for a half to a whole hour, three or four times a week. In a month they think it provides long term changes. Google dry co2 bath.
This is the information I'd missed from the dry CO2 sites I'd found. Thanks.

tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals