Bag Breathing Causing Pressure In Thyroid Region

A.R

Anyone else experience this when starting with bag breathing?

I usually breath in a bag for around 20 seconds (that's all I can do ATM) 3-5 times a day.

The pressure feeling comes mostly when I'm lying down.

I'm also taping the mouth before sleep to help with snoring (though it hasn't helped as of yet)

Thank you

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Maybe it's your carotid dilating from the CO2.

yerrag

You're having trouble with your mouth taped? Is the tape coming off as you sleep? If so, is your nasal passage and sinus somehow blocked, leaving you little choice but to breathe from your mouth?

Does your difficulty with bag breathing stem from an inability to breathe well and comfortably solely using your nose?

OP
A.R

A.R

You're having trouble with your mouth taped? Is the tape coming off as you sleep? If so, is your nasal passage and sinus somehow blocked, leaving you little choice but to breathe from your mouth?

Does your difficulty with bag breathing stem from an inability to breathe well and comfortably solely using your nose?
I don't really have any difficulty with bag breathing, I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced the pressure in Thyroid region

Also the tape manages to stay on when sleeping

OP
A.R

A.R

Maybe it's your carotid dilating from the CO2.
This could be a possibility

I've just googled carotid, and I've experienced many of the symptoms associated with carotid blockage - so maybe it's finally opening up

Waynish

Interesting @A.R , I get a similar reaction from taking thyroid (t3, tyromix, or ndt). I can also get this feeling from iodine, selenium, and gluten (I'm a celiac) - have you tried those?

tara

Also the tape manages to stay on when sleeping
Are you saying you still snore with your mouth shut all night, or your mouth opens even with the tape on?

OP
A.R

A.R

Are you saying you still snore with your mouth shut all night, or your mouth opens even with the tape on?
Yes, I'm still snoring even with the tape, so I've been told.

At least I don't wake up with a dry mouth now

yerrag

Is it at all possible to snort while sleeping? Subtly so that it resembles snoring? Not being facetious. Just entertaining that possibility.

OP
A.R

A.R

Interesting @A.R , I get a similar reaction from taking thyroid (t3, tyromix, or ndt). I can also get this feeling from iodine, selenium, and gluten (I'm a celiac) - have you tried those?
Yes I've tried selenium and iodine, didn't notice much. However, when I stacked them alongside progesterone cream, I started to notice some positive effects

OP
A.R

A.R

Is it at all possible to snort while sleeping?
Yes I think that is what happens to me. I can make the snoring noises from the nose whilst awake also. I've been told I sound like a car/tractor whilst asleep.

tara

Do you sleep on your back?
If so, lying on your side might make a difference. There are ways to support that mechanically, too. Eg a pillow at your back, or sewing something into the back of your PJs?

OP
A.R

A.R

If so, lying on your side might make a difference. There are ways to support that mechanically, too. Eg a pillow at your back, or sewing something into the back of your PJs?
No I don't think that's an issue as I Mostly sleep on my sides - don't feel comfortable sleeping on my back

OP
A.R

A.R

The pillow suggestion is very good btw, because whilst asleep I may unknowingly be lying on my back

Thank You

yerrag

Yes I think that is what happens to me. I can make the snoring noises from the nose whilst awake also. I've been told I sound like a car/tractor whilst asleep.
I think that's something that you might want to look into. Is there some obstruction somewhere in your nasal passages> Have you tried flushing your nose with normal saline solution, with something like a netti pot?

yerrag

Double

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals