Bad food and other stressors...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"Bad food and other stressors can degrade the whole system, producing functional rigidities similar to those resulting from a bad up-bringing, but if a person has a hint of the way things could be, the system can recover, sometimes with a change of diet, or climate, or of mental context-possibilities, or a missing hormone. If a person has a very rigid idea of how existence is supposed to be, the changed metabolism from taking thyroid, for example, making energy flow strongly, can seem as unpleasant as being in a foreign culture." -Raymond Peat

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Charlie said:
"Bad food and other stressors can degrade the whole system, producing functional rigidities similar to those resulting from a bad up-bringing, but if a person has a hint of the way things could be, the system can recover, sometimes with a change of diet, or climate, or of mental context-possibilities, or a missing hormone. If a person has a very rigid idea of how existence is supposed to be, the changed metabolism from taking thyroid, for example, making energy flow strongly, can seem as unpleasant as being in a foreign culture." -Raymond Peat

Yes, exactly what I am going through right now. Incredible, surreal.

J

j.

Apparently I go through that, although a lot less now, with a 200 incandescent bulb after years of using fluorescent bulbs. However, eating a lot of food and sugar makes me feel normal.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, I think what he is trying to say, normal feels alien. And yes, it does. Definitely takes some adjusting and getting use to.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am talking about the bolded part above, btw.