Bad Doctor Experience, Give Up On Doctors? Not Sure What To Do (not Clickbait)

Travis

It's certainly a neat way to differentiate between live and dead bacterial cells by having them take-up a fluorescent molecule.

The bacterial kill-rate for thymol was respectable. Just a thought. Plant-derived antibiotics are generally cheaper and have less side-effects.

Conclusion:
SIBO is widely prevalent in a tertiary referral gastroenterology practice. Herbal therapies are at least as effective as rifaximin for resolution of SIBO by LBT. Herbals also appear to be as effective as triple antibiotic therapy for SIBO rescue therapy for rifaximin non-responders. Further, prospective studies are needed to validate these findings and explore additional alternative therapies in patients with refractory SIBO.

Chedid, Victor, et al. "Herbal therapy is equivalent to rifaximin for the treatment of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth." Global advances in health and medicine 3.3 (2014): 16-24.

Last edited:
OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

It's certainly a neat way to differentiate between live and dead bacterial cells by having them take-up a fluorescent molecule.

The bacterial kill-rate for thymol was respectable. Just a thought. Plant-derived antibiotics are generally cheaper and have less side-effects.

Chedid, Victor, et al. "Herbal therapy is equivalent to rifaximin for the treatment of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth." Global advances in health and medicine 3.3 (2014): 16-24.
I liked that paper a lot, and wrote about it years ago. Unfortunately I tried those exact products and didn't have success with them.

jaakkima

Well, you're lucky to not tell you to do a x-ray right way.
The very few times I went to a MD they immediately said to me to do a X-Ray. The worst thing is that when you are sick, there's no way you can argue with them (or even with your family/acquaintances). After all, they want to help you, which I understand...
I remember having gut pain and the MD never thought about asking what have I eaten... immediately X-ray which looked at it only for 2 secs and then he says: "you have too much gases. Take microlax and lactulose."
Over the years I started to get really disappointed over MDs and now I feel like I can't trust them anymore... that bossy look, like they are the kings of the world. The only thing that I am helpless is that if I have a bad physical reaction that I don't know how to counter act it, I have to go to the ER anyway. The good thing is that they are pretty good to solve things like a broken leg. Now chronic issues their answer is "It's all in your head." , *prescribes Victan*

"It's all in your head."
I actually had an ER doctor tell me I had mental issues and was probably schizophrenic and refuse to see me after moving his fingers around in front of my eyes, looking in my ears and that's about it, when *I had been diagnosed with diverticulitis the previous day in the same ER and was admitted and they didn't want me to leave but I did so I could get some sleep.* I was feeling like I was about to pass out and possibly die, it was a miracle I was somehow driving so I had to drive to another city's hospital and endanger everyone's life on the road. Oh yeah, when I complained and said look I was just here for diverticulitis, clotting etc, he said he would call the police if I didn't leave post haste. It would be unbelievable if it weren't real. The nurses are borgs too, afraid to say anything or think for themselves. Once with another hospital provider I was saying I wanted another opinion and somehow I was chatting with the nurse for a minute. I asked her, "Are doctors human?" She answered, "No."

Last edited:

jaakkima

To this day I think the fact that I was very unshaven and sloppy looking (because of my illness) influenced that "doctor" to dismiss me as schizophrenic. Thought about looking into legal action but have no time or ability for that.

mostlylurking

I have tried FoS, and haven't noticed any benefits. Never tried phages. There's so much stuff to try, it's hard to remember it all. I should probably give that a try, brand suggestion?

The thing that really disappointed me was the garlic protocol from gutcritters not working for me. It was a pain in the **** to do and I was very hopeful about it because that website described my symptoms very well and the guy really seems to know what he's talking about.

Just reading over this thread and lamenting the doctor situation, I found your discussion and I'll offer this: I've suffered with SIBO, strong gluten sensitivity, etc. for over 25 years. I had a great nutty doctor years ago who treated me with licorice and golden seal for 3 months and it pretty much cured the SIBO. Unfortunately, the feds came in and shut down his practice and he lost his license. SOB.

That said, here's some suggestions: get your thyroid function up to high normal or a little over high normal. Strong thyroid function is the key to healthy gut. I also take cascara sagrada twice daily and eat carrot salad daily. Both have antibiotic action. Read Dr. Peat's article on cascara here: Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse. .

Really watch your diet. No nuts, no seeds, no grains, no PUFA, no salad, no fibrous anything except shredded carrot salad. If I cheat and eat a few oyster crackers (tiny saltine crackers) I am really sorry and it takes several days to get back to normal. I've been told that 500 mg of flour contains enough gluten to mess up your gut for a week. I abstain from communion wafers, just take the wine. I can't really eat out anymore; I usually just get a glass of milk and everybody looks at me like I'm nuts while I pour in the sugar and vanilla. Maybe I am. But my gut is happy.

When I started on the cascara it was too strong for me so I used aloe vera juice instead for a couple of weeks, then went back on the cascara. I'm healthier now than I've been in 30 years.

Ideonaut

So in my ongoing SIBO thing I got a new primary care physician where I live now, who recommended me to a gastroenterologist (as I knew she would). Now, my pcp is nice and listens to me, of course she doesn't know anything all that interesting just standard doctor training, but she isn't pushy.

This gastro, that was another story. Indian guy, bossy, doesn't even realize he is embarrassing himself telling me to "drink more water" and "eat fiber." He didn't bother to figure out if I know anything about any of this, he probably wouldn't care any way. Get this, he gives me a prescription for an ultra sound, which I probably will do, an endoscopy, which I probably won't do, and Zantac. What kind of a retard doesn't know that SIBO symptoms are, if they have anything to do with stomach acid, likely caused by slowed opening of the pyloric sphincter and subsequent down stream intestinal movement from LOW STOMACH ACID? I don't think I have that particular problem, but I sure as hell have no reason to believe I have too much stomach acid.

Any way, over the years of getting zero help with this issue from doctors (or from alternative stuff unfortunately) I keep toying with the idea of dosing myself with darknet purchased antibiotics rather than wasting my time with doctors. The prescription pad they have is alluring, but they guard it jealously. In particular the antibiotics usually prescribed for SIBO are expensive for insurance companies and they don't like to do it without first doing all of their procedures (like endoscopy) that they can make money on.

At what point is the medical cartel so bad that, even though I have decent insurance through work, it's not worth it to use it anymore? They have powerful tools and already took my money through premiums, but they never do anything I want them too any way. It's something I'm having trouble getting past.
As a SIBO sufferer you've probably looked into it quite a bit. What do you think of Nathan Hatch's suggestions in his new article on SIBO over at fuckportioncontrol.com?

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

Really watch your diet. No nuts, no seeds, no grains, no PUFA, no salad, no fibrous anything except shredded carrot salad. If I cheat and eat a few oyster crackers (tiny saltine crackers) I am really sorry and it takes several days to get back to normal.

I would love love love to not have to manage my diet to this level. Thanks for sharing your experience. **** the FEDs

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

As a SIBO sufferer you've probably looked into it quite a bit. What do you think of Nathan Hatch's suggestions in his new article on SIBO over at fuckportioncontrol.com?

I saw people discussing it on here and may give it a try. I just started an antibiotic regimen today, so I may or may not try it before that is over, in 20 days.

That particular tranny really skeeves me out
uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif
1408.gif

Last edited:

Travis

I had a great nutty doctor years ago who treated me with licorice and golden seal for 3 months and it pretty much cured the SIBO.
Keep in mind that licorice has an enzyme-inhibitor:
It was demonstrated in 1975 that glycyrrhetinic acid (GA), the active principle of licorice can displace aldosterone from its renal receptors (2). We later confirmed these results and in addition demonstrated that also glycyrrhizic acid and carbenoxolone have the same effect (3-5). Others have demonstrated that GA reduces the activity of 5β-reductase (6-8), the enzyme which converts cortisol (F) into tetrahydrocortisol (THF), cortisone (E) into tetrahydrocortisone (THE) and aldosterone into tetrahydroaldosterone (Thaldo). ―Armanini*
Enoxolone-Glycyrrhetin-chemical-structure-S2296.gif

Despite it's non-steroidal sounding name, is actually has a very similar structure. It's easy to see how this could work both at the receptor and at 5β-reductase — responsible for nullifying both aldosterone and cortisol.

Cortisol also act on the mineralcorticoid receptor. It's affinity for the gluco- and mineralcorticoid receptors are nearly equal. High levels of this enzyme in the kidneys usually keeps excessive cortisol from effecting ion balance and the subsequent blood-pressure effects which result from this.

*Armanini, D., et al. "Further studies on the mechanism of the mineralocorticoid action of licorice in humans." Journal of endocrinological investigation 19.9 (1996): 624-629.
Walker, Brian R., and C. R. Edwards. "Licorice-induced hypertension and syndromes of apparent mineralocorticoid excess." Endocrinology and metabolism clinics of North America23.2 (1994): 359-377.
SALASSA, ROBERT M., VERNON R. MATTOX, and JOHN W. ROSEVEAR. "Inhibition of the “mineralocorticoid” activity of licorice by spironolactone." The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 22.11 (1962): 1156-1159.

Vesi

Somewhat related to sibo, has some ideas that i hadn't considered before. Maybe relevant, maybe not.

Energizer

If all the standard tools fail (carrot, cascara sagrada, button mushrooms, etc) there's always thyroid supplementation as an option. It didn't fix everything, but for me, it made my bowel movements a lot more regular, which has gotten SIBO down to a manageable level, as long as I stay consistent with the carrot on top of that, I rarely get white tongue anymore. Also I find having extra magnesium (I use magnesium carbonate powder) very useful for keeping things running along.

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

If all the standard tools fail (carrot, cascara sagrada, button mushrooms, etc) there's always thyroid supplementation as an option. It didn't fix everything, but for me, it made my bowel movements a lot more regular, which has gotten SIBO down to a manageable level, as long as I stay consistent with the carrot on top of that, I rarely get white tongue anymore. Also I find having extra magnesium (I use magnesium carbonate powder) very useful for keeping things running along.

The thing about my SIBO is that I don't have many symptoms from it. I don't have white tongue, I don't have problems with gluten or other allergies, I don't have skin problems. All it is for me is bloating when consuming carbohydrate, and increased gut irritation from spicy foods that I didn't have before. So a lot of the things people talk about here go over my head because I don't wake up with coated tongue etc., that's not an indication of anything for me.

yerrag

Kyle M, did you ever get to make copper acetate, as I recall you were going to make a solution and make an analysis of the copper concentration? I made two batches myself, but the only time I got to use it was as the antibiotic portion in a protocol for my kitten to save her from feline distemper. I thought it would be a good systemic antibiotic. My rough calculation of my copper acetate solution came out to 1 mg copper per ml of the solution.

Travis

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

Kyle M, did you ever get to make copper acetate, as I recall you were going to make a solution and make an analysis of the copper concentration? I made two batches myself, but the only time I got to use it was as the antibiotic portion in a protocol for my kitten to save her from feline distemper. I thought it would be a good systemic antibiotic. My rough calculation of my copper acetate solution came out to 1 mg copper per ml of the solution.

I was too lazy, and also didn't have a shot glass. I have a small tumbler now so tonight I'll throw in some copper speaker wire (which was sold to me as full copper, not just coated) into some white vinegar. That's will work right? I promise this time I'll put it in the spec lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals