Bad Doctor Experience, Give Up On Doctors? Not Sure What To Do (not Clickbait)

Kyle M

So in my ongoing SIBO thing I got a new primary care physician where I live now, who recommended me to a gastroenterologist (as I knew she would). Now, my pcp is nice and listens to me, of course she doesn't know anything all that interesting just standard doctor training, but she isn't pushy.

This gastro, that was another story. Indian guy, bossy, doesn't even realize he is embarrassing himself telling me to "drink more water" and "eat fiber." He didn't bother to figure out if I know anything about any of this, he probably wouldn't care any way. Get this, he gives me a prescription for an ultra sound, which I probably will do, an endoscopy, which I probably won't do, and Zantac. What kind of a retard doesn't know that SIBO symptoms are, if they have anything to do with stomach acid, likely caused by slowed opening of the pyloric sphincter and subsequent down stream intestinal movement from LOW STOMACH ACID? I don't think I have that particular problem, but I sure as hell have no reason to believe I have too much stomach acid.

Any way, over the years of getting zero help with this issue from doctors (or from alternative stuff unfortunately) I keep toying with the idea of dosing myself with darknet purchased antibiotics rather than wasting my time with doctors. The prescription pad they have is alluring, but they guard it jealously. In particular the antibiotics usually prescribed for SIBO are expensive for insurance companies and they don't like to do it without first doing all of their procedures (like endoscopy) that they can make money on.

At what point is the medical cartel so bad that, even though I have decent insurance through work, it's not worth it to use it anymore? They have powerful tools and already took my money through premiums, but they never do anything I want them too any way. It's something I'm having trouble getting past.

michael94

I had a similar experience around feb/march last year. The dr. said there's no such thing as low stomach acid**. By the time I had finished explaining my symptoms he already typed out a prescription on EPIC ( medical software ) for some acid blocker... all he had to do was press send.

** I actually do think this is correct but definitely not for the reasons that particular doctor did.

AJC

It's difficult for smart people who study health-related material to trust doctors--no matter who they are.

That said, you mentioned "alternative" healers, did you try this? You are at least going to come in touch with doctors who aren't slaves to the insurance and pharmaceutical companies...
www.naturopathic.org

burtlancast

Your doctor has his hands tied behind his back; you can show him evidence until the cows come home; if the medical orthodoxy doesn't allow a treatment, he won't prescribe it, because he's risking his medical licence.

So, use orthodox medicine for the tests and alternative medicine for the cure.

Learn to make the best of both worlds.

NathanK

Keep shopping around for the least repulsive doctor you can handle. I'm at the point where my doc is a bit of a resource as a sounding board from his years of experience seeing sick and injured people. I appreciate that.

He is cool in that he does not have that much of an issue putting in many labs within reason (or the rare MRI or diagnostic imaging) once or twice a year (huge). He doesn't bother me with statins since he already knows I won't take them and he writes my script for cypro. I buy any other pharmaceutical on my own since he can't/won't deviate from standard protocol.

It is what it is. Good luck.

Peatful

It is troubling.
Deeply.

I too came to the point of surrender.
Not surrendering to their blindness/ego, but surrendering to acceptance.
Keeping them as a tertiary alternative.

I was a healthcare practitioner, so I carry much grief.

For your SIBO Kyle, know u tried FOS, but not phages?
Regardless, keep us posted as able.

DaveFoster

@Kyle M

f6b80dfe606c25cb8b05b87469912208_400x400.png

achillea

In this interview Dr Daniels gives the data, facts and figures, as to why you are safer without a doctor.

achillea

Naturpaths killed my first wife and severely harmed my present wife. I will have nothing to do with them.

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

For your SIBO Kyle, know u tried FOS, but not phages?
Regardless, keep us posted as able.

I have tried FoS, and haven't noticed any benefits. Never tried phages. There's so much stuff to try, it's hard to remember it all. I should probably give that a try, brand suggestion?

The thing that really disappointed me was the garlic protocol from gutcritters not working for me. It was a pain in the **** to do and I was very hopeful about it because that website described my symptoms very well and the guy really seems to know what he's talking about.

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do try to use the "system" for what it's good for, mainly access to stuff, but the stuff I want is always the stuff they don't want to give. If I asked for statins, even though they are expensive, that would be fine. An antibiotic course? Sorry we have to justify that with several invasive tests, because it's expensive. Also this thing we made up called widespread antibiotic resistance can happen. It's right around the corner, like catastrophic climate change sea level rise absolute earth destruction lmao weed bro

Xisca

After trying many things, can you figure out if you have to do something else that is not directed at your upper gut? What could be the co-factors to tackle? Why are those bacterias not going away with any treatment? What are the side questions and ways you have thought about?

Peatful

I'll spam my page on it, but note that US products I'm aware of only target some E. coli and Salmonella.
@Kyle M
I used Life Extension Florassist with phage technology. Didn't notice anything good until post day 21. By day 30...almost all my symptoms were gone.

Tarmander

Naturpaths killed my first wife and severely harmed my present wife. I will have nothing to do with them.

I would second this. Sometimes NDs can be worse then MDs in that it is very easy for them to get pretty far from reality if they go down the wrong rabbit hole. At least MDs have dysfunction somewhat based in reality. NDs can also be much better...

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

I would second this. Sometimes NDs can be worse then MDs in that it is very easy for them to get pretty far from reality if they go down the wrong rabbit hole. At least MDs have dysfunction somewhat based in reality. NDs can also be much better...
lvl up +1 nuance

OP
Kyle M

Kyle M

@Kyle M
I used Life Extension Florassist with phage technology. Didn't notice anything good until post day 21. By day 30...almost all my symptoms were gone.
/?
I'll look at that one. Your symptoms were basic SIBO stuff, bloating from carbs, stuff like that?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals