Bacterial Biofilm and its Role in the Pathogenesis of Disease

yerrag

Abstract

Recognition of the fact that bacterial biofilm may play a role in the pathogenesis of disease has led to an increased focus on identifying diseases that may be biofilm-related. Biofilm infections are typically chronic in nature, as biofilm-residing bacteria can be resilient to both the immune system, antibiotics, and other treatments. This is a comprehensive review describing biofilm diseases in the auditory, the cardiovascular, the digestive, the integumentary, the reproductive, the respiratory, and the urinary system. In most cases reviewed, the biofilms were identified through various imaging technics, in addition to other study approaches. The current knowledge on how biofilm may contribute to the pathogenesis of disease indicates a number of different mechanisms. This spans from biofilm being a mere reservoir of pathogenic bacteria, to playing a more active role, e.g., by contributing to inflammation. Observations also indicate that biofilm does not exclusively occur extracellularly, but may also be formed inside living cells. Furthermore, the presence of biofilm may contribute to development of cancer. In conclusion, this review shows that biofilm is part of many, probably most chronic infections. This is important knowledge for development of effective treatment strategies for such infections.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

You're welcome. I'll also add this related research article, focused on artheriosclerosis:

Abstract

Atherosclerosis (AS) is a chronic disorder characterized by the formation and progression of plaques within
arteries. Various microbes, most notably periodontal organisms, have been identified in plaques both
epidemiologically and microbiologically, and have been deemed possible contributors to the disease. In this work,
we have queried whether microbes acted similarly in AS, when compared to other chronic diseases such as atopic
dermatitis, psoriasis, and Alzheimer’s disease, by making biofilms to protect themselves and evade the immune
system. In those diseases, the microbes created biofilms that activated the innate immune system reactant Toll-like
receptor 2 (TLR2).
We examined 12 endarterectomy specimens using probes similar to those used in our previous examinations of
the above diseases. Specifically, we stained the pathology specimens with hematoxylin and eosin (H+E), and
periodic acid Schiff (PAS); the PAS stain would reveal the extracellular polysaccharides that forms the mass of the
biofilm. Congo red, which stains the amyloid that forms the infrastructure of biofilms, was also performed.
Immunostaining with CD 282 was performed on each specimen for evaluation of TLR 2.
Twelve of twelve atherosclerotic plaques showed the presence of biofilms and activation of TLR 2; this is entirely
similar to our findings in atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and Alzheimer’s disease. The TLR 2 seen in the specimens
suggests that biofilms in atherosclerotic plaques may contribute to the progression of the disease as a result of their
ability to contribute to chronic inflammation and continued immune system activation. Lipids have long been
considered to be the major focus of atherosclerosis, but our recent work suggests that biofilms, due to their ability to
induce a chronic inflammatory state, may be another determinant in the progression of atherosclerosis. In the future,
we hope to characterize the microbes-with an initial focus on periodontal microbes because of the calcification in the
plaques-that directly contribute to biofilm formation and propagation.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Thomas M. Riddick, who wrote the book on the Zeta Potential and Colloidal Stability, wrote a short paragraph about the connection between asthma and bacterial biofilms. He helped a person who had several severe asthma attacks and by taking his ‘regimen’ (similar to Zeta Aid), the person did much better. Not a double-blind placebo study but still noteworthy.

Bacterial biofilms are also responsible for cardiovascular disease. Again, Zeta Aid can dissolve the biofilms. Also chlorine dioxide will penetrate these biofilms and kill the bacteria.

Lollipop2

Thomas M. Riddick, who wrote the book on the Zeta Potential and Colloidal Stability, wrote a short paragraph about the connection between asthma and bacterial biofilms. He helped a person who had several severe asthma attacks and by taking his ‘regimen’ (similar to Zeta Aid), the person did much better. Not a double-blind placebo study but still noteworthy.

Bacterial biofilms are also responsible for cardiovascular disease. Again, Zeta Aid can dissolve the biofilms. Also chlorine dioxide will penetrate these biofilms and kill the bacteria.
I prefer using systemic enzymes to break down biofilms. Much safer. And to be honest, I do not know what Zeta Aid is but I was referring to chlorine dioxide.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I prefer using systemic enzymes to break down biofilms. Much safer. And to be honest, I do not know what Zeta Aid is but I was referring to chlorine dioxide.
There are at least 2 people, including myself, who have learned to be cautious when it comes to the use of systemic enzymes.

It is a common lie that enzyme makes make that you cannot overdose (although Dr. Wong warns against overdosing with nattokinase).

From my experience, always be skeptical of such claims. Always proceed with caution.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

There are many kinds of biofilms. A lot of them are really tough. I don't believe Zeta Aid can tackle most of them. What Zeta Aid can do mostly is to improve the flow of blood by minimizing the clumping of colloids and reduce coagulation and the formation of thrombi.

Lollipop2

There are at least 2 people, including myself, who have learned to be cautious when it comes to the use of systemic enzymes.

It is a common lie that enzyme makes make that you cannot overdose (although Dr. Wong warns against overdosing with nattokinase).

From my experience, always be skeptical of such claims. Always proceed with caution.
I have had excellent success with serrappetase but I do not take a lot small quantities maybe a few times a month.

Lollipop2

If I remember you used an extremely high dose? I never have and have never had problems. I think the problem comes from user error rather than the substance. Sort of like any supplement.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

User error applies only when something goes wrong and when there are dosage directions are not followed. But when enzyme makers mislead by telling people the product is very safe and there is no such thing as overdosing, I can hardly consider user error to be a thing here.

I also think using enzymes for biofilm disruption, especially a very strong enzyme such as serrapeptase, to be overkill. There are other options such as herbs that can do the job with much less risk.

WonMore

Could you tell what happened and how much and what may be problematic?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Could you tell what happened and how much and what may be problematic?
Serraptidase is a very, very powerful enzyme. It is not a blend, such as an enzyme blend like Dr. Wong's ZymEssence.

One of the marketing lines of serrapeptase is that it 'knows' where to do its action on the body, such it knows by itself that a scar tissue needs to be lysed. That is is self-directing. And what's nice, according to these marketers, is you don't ever worry of overdose - as you can't overdose.

None of which is true.

The thing we don't know, or would have to find out by experience, is that very powerful enzymes will lyse parts of our plaque that the body has tucked in the inner sanctum of our plaque, called the necrotic core. This contains nasty stuff like bacteria that you don't want to mess with. It's outa sight. You see no evil. Hear no evil. At least not while you're young. When old and flaky, that's when all the worms come crawling out of the woodwork and all this bacteria let out will overwhelm and kill. And that's generally known as sepsis.

You can use your wbc and neutrophils as markers to see the effect of systemic enzymes in releasing bacteria to your blood vessels. The more the increase, the more you're perturbing the necrotic core.

2 years ago, before taking the suggested daily dosage of 3 capsules of ZymEssence . My wbc and neutrophils was 6 and 62.

After taking 3 months to use up the bottle, my 6.7 and 67.

After taking just 1 120kiu of serrapeptase, my numbers zoomed up to 11.34 and 81.

WonMore

Got it, thanks. So how do we get rid of necrotic core? The same way, just gradually?
Isn't that what you had intended to do before: bust up bacterial biofilms?
Should Serrapeptase be stronger than Nattokinase? I used the latter years ago, but unsuccessfully.
What do you think would be the safe dose of Serra?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

A blend using a small amountil of serra. At the right dose, so just enough bacteria is released that can be corralled by an antibiotic, such as tetracycline.

Or alternatively, a vitamin E blend made with with plenty of gamma-E isoform, and mixed with cyclodextrins, which can also lyse.

Strength is dependent on dosage, so I don't know what your Serra vs Natto question is about.

WonMore

I'll check this method with cyclodextrin, thanks.
I meant relative effectiveness, per recommended dosages.

Thedumbass

Please forgive my resurrection of this thread but based on your post I thought you might find this interesting.
Dr. Steven Fry believed he found a parasite that creates a bacterial biofilm to protect itself from our immune system. The name he used was Protomyxzoa Rheumatica Protomyxzoa: A new infectious organism. Discussion and treatment but further research indicated it was actually fungal Funneliformis mosseae https://www.frequencyfoundation.com/product/fl1953-protmyxzoa-rheumatica-funneliformis-mosseae/
Please note I found this accidentally and dosen't appear to be my issue so I will leave the vetting of this information to you.
More links Stephen E. Fry MD | Top-Rated Care from a Professional You Can Trust

And a phrase that I found and don't know what it means.
Novel Biofilm Forming Eukaryotes
P.S please forgive my many failings with the written word.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Please forgive my resurrection of this thread but based on your post I thought you might find this interesting.
Dr. Steven Fry believed he found a parasite that creates a bacterial biofilm to protect itself from our immune system. The name he used was Protomyxzoa Rheumatica Protomyxzoa: A new infectious organism. Discussion and treatment but further research indicated it was actually fungal Funneliformis mosseae https://www.frequencyfoundation.com/product/fl1953-protmyxzoa-rheumatica-funneliformis-mosseae/
Please note I found this accidentally and dosen't appear to be my issue so I will leave the vetting of this information to you.
More links Stephen E. Fry MD | Top-Rated Care from a Professional You Can Trust

And a phrase that I found and don't know what it means.
Novel Biofilm Forming Eukaryotes
P.S please forgive my many failings with the written word.
This is about a protozoa that is is present in blood and is protected by biofilms. And being a protozoa and not a fungi, it has to come from the outside. The thing is protozoa should be large enough to be isolated, but Dr. Fry has not talked about isolating it the way I believe other malaria protozoa has been such as the plasmodia genus that includes falciparum. Instead, he uses a PCR test to identify its genome sequence. I am not sure why he relies on PCR for this.

Still, there isn't much he has given out by way of publications so until he allows his discovery to be put on the spotlight, I am hesistant to believe in it.

I also don't give much credence to the nanobacteria discovered by a Finnish researcher. The idea of a nanobacteria doesn't give me the scare as I could see it in terms of a pleomorphic and terrain theory standpoint and not be alarmed there are such microbes in our body. In the same way, protomyxzoa is to me novel in the name only, until Dr. Fry gives more information on his discovery.

But thanks for sharing. I just have to be more skeptical of discoveries now moving forward that reinforce the germ theory of disease.

oxphoser

This thread talks about some of the side effects of serrapeptase. This guy took 15 pills a day; he doesn’t say the dosage. He is a believer, and says it cured several problems including his sciatica. He also said his eyes turned red and the pain was great at certain points while he was taking it. He thinks his liver was overwhelmed by all the toxins that were coming out of his system at one point. It makes me think it might be dangerous for people who are already suffering from liver problems or have weak immune systems, but he really went overboard taking 15 pills. Elsewhere I’ve read people getting good results, like reducing fibroids on very low doses over a much longer period.

View: https://youtu.be/uc4MNLOWU0I

peatmoss

This thread talks about some of the side effects of serrapeptase. This guy took 15 pills a day; he doesn’t say the dosage. He is a believer, and says it cured several problems including his sciatica. He also said his eyes turned red and the pain was great at certain points while he was taking it. He thinks his liver was overwhelmed by all the toxins that were coming out of his system at one point. It makes me think it might be dangerous for people who are already suffering from liver problems or have weak immune systems, but he really went overboard taking 15 pills. Elsewhere I’ve read people getting good results, like reducing fibroids on very low doses over a much longer period.

View: https://youtu.be/uc4MNLOWU0I

That's a fascinating testimony. I think I might purchase a few bottles and try it out. Thanks for sharing!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals