Bacteria Can Hydrogenate PUFA Into SFA

lampofred

I haven't read the studies fully, but what I get from briefly skimming the abstracts is that there are bacteria in your body which hydrogenate PUFA into SFA.

Hydrogenation of polyunsaturated fatty acids by human colonic bacteria - Howard - 2002 - Letters in Applied Microbiology - Wiley Online Library
Polyunsaturated fatty acid saturation by gut lactic acid bacteria affecting host lipid composition
Biohydrogenation of C20 polyunsaturated fatty acids by anaerobic bacteria

So could the composition of bodily bacteria be why many people eat PUFA their whole lives but have no estrogenic/hypothyroid symptoms? And the people who don't have the beneficial bacteria can't hydrogenate their dietary sources of PUFA, so the unsaturated fats accumulate in the body. If that is true, the question is how do you get these beneficial bacteria.

HDD

Personal email-

"A new form of intestinal disinfectant, bacteriophage, is available; Life Extension magazine has a recent article on it, and they sell a product Florassist; another brand is Floraphage."

Mufasa

Personal email-

"A new form of intestinal disinfectant, bacteriophage, is available; Life Extension magazine has a recent article on it, and they sell a product Florassist; another brand is Floraphage."

What was your question?

HDD

My question had to do with mental health. If you read the linked article, it explains bacteriophage. I believe it kills bad bacteria, e-coli? I quickly skimmed the article, so need to read again.

HDD

Peat recommending probiotics now? I'm skeptical that it's true.

Why would I make it up? Did you read the article I linked? These probiotics contain bacteriophages(the name means "bacteria eating"). Not the typical probiotic.

Edit: Peat refers to it as a new intestinal disinfectant.

Last edited:
Why would I make it up? Did you read the article I linked? These probiotics contain bacteriophages(the name means "bacteria eating"). Not the typical probiotic.

Edit: Peat refers to it as a new intestinal disinfectant.

Why not just consume the bacteriophages then?

"Proprietary Probiotic Blend: 15 Billion CFU† Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14; Bifidobacterium lactis Bl-04; L. paracasei Lpc-37; L. rhamnosus Lr-32; B. bifidum/lactis Bb-02; B. longumBl-05"

I'm not hatin. I stay eating fat free goat yogurt, kimchi, kombucha, fermented taro, coconut kefir, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals