Back Injuries, Disc Pain, Pins And Needles In Back, Etc

Tom K

There are new, less invasive procedures that can be performed under local anesthesia. The spacers provide stability and restore vertical dimension. SAdly, the video "Maybe you need squats' is bro science. As I said.most recover in 8 weeks. Activity as tolerated is always a good idea. You do not have a common issue. I wish you luck. I'm done.

OP
H

hei

I wasn't aware of new procedures and thought you meant spinal fusion.
Thanks for your advice.

OP
H

hei

I got some Progest-e hoping for sedation and better sleep and it relieved most of the tingling. I assume it only provides symptomatic relief (maybe the anaesthetic effect?) because the sensation still returns at times but it's still nice. Haven't really had any sedation though.

OP
H

hei

My GP ordered chest x-rays and the report came back saying that disc spacing and vertebral alignment are normal; he referred me to physiotherapy and exercise physiology.
Definitely confused by this as I had entire months this year where I didn't feel like doing anything but lying down because of the pain. Can't see how it could have either just been because of "nothing" or, suddenly, spontaneously resolved.

The only abnormality noted on the radiologist's report is "mild facet joint hypertrophic changes are seen along lower lumbar levels and lumbosacral junction". I had to look this up and seems to involve calcification of the joints. Bit concerned as I already have arthritic degeneration in my toes.

Herbie

I have/had two damaged discs in the lumber spine, have had extreme pain and could not stand up for 2 years but healed it. Now I work as a car mechanic again with no issues.

Remember that the skeleton is erected by energy which is coming from the muscles which has to be more powerful than the energy of gravity. The body needs to be able to create enough energy to do this through food and this is the basis of back pain when the muscles cannot hold the skeleton up against the gravity and so the body is pushed downwards towards the ground, the head falls forwards and puts tremendous load on the spinal discs because the skeleton is being crushed by gravity, the muscles have let go and then the discs bulge from the weight bearing down and hit on the nerves and then pain and stress and so on towards the grave.

I would eat more calories, especially sugar.