Bach Flower Essences

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Health Discussions' started by gretchen, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gretchen

gretchen Member

I have used flower essences off and on for several years with interesting results. I find they help me shift my perspective and find resolution to problems fairly easily. The effects are subtle and sometimes take time; other times a few doses and I'm off in some other direction.

What are your thoughts on flower essences? Have you used them, or do you think herbal/homeopathic remedies are bogus?

http://www.bachflower.com/

2. Lofihi

Lofihi Member

as an adjunct to other therapies ya, by themselves I havent seen hard relief and would *never* count on them solely I like ignatia a lot better but all the in- store ignatia has sucrose added. i tried bach for emotional trauma detox/panic and it didnt work

3. OP
    gretchen

gretchen Member

I've had good experiences with Bach essences. Last year I used Walnut, an essence called "the link breaker" for its ability to demystify relationships/situations, i.e., make a person aware of how certain arrangements or beliefs may not really be healthy for them. You might even say Walnut is the anti-authoritarian essence.... :mrgreen: :geek: It doesn't make you rebel per se; it makes you pull back and gradually look at what's going on, to the point that you can be led away from some person who situation who has had a hold on you- the
    "spell" is broken.

I spent 10 years on the blood type which was developed by Peter D'Adamo. During the final phase, I genotyped myself as a Hunter and began eating a diet geared for my genetic ancestry. I also began reading and posting on Mark's Daily Apple, where I learned about Grok and the evils of grains. No one on either site is able to understand or manage their health issues, but this was lost to me, as I was in a stress cycle from estrogen use, fasting, chronic dieting, and aging, which rendered me as stupid as the people I surrounded myself.

2-3 months after starting the Walnut, I read Peat's article about Fish Oil and went out and bought milk and orange juice the next day. I literally broke ties with both blood type (dairy is off- limits for O's) and to some extent the primal crowd overnight. I continued with the Walnut over the summer and fall and have had many insights about myself and my life. It's hard to describe; I just feel so different.

About 10 days ago I started a new essence, Crab Apple, for my eating disorder and appearance issues. I have already had huge, instant breakthroughs on it, and have revamped my skincare routine, having finally realized the truth about some of the products I've been using. I'm also looking at my need for diet tricks, and asking myself whether that is really healthy or not. I've been getting up really early, and have stopped sitting on my couch to use the computer, but am at the table instead.

I've worked with other essence lines/combinations also and have had strong experiences with virtually every one I've ever tried. They are an interesting modality if you have problems you can't seem to work through.

4. Lofihi

Lofihi Member

Thanks for the info on walnut . Im going to try that.

5. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

Is it like aromatherapy?

6. OP
    gretchen

gretchen Member

No, it's similar to homeopathy.

7. pboy

pboy Member

Gretchen that's interesting about Walnut...it has a similar nutritional composition and some of the subtle flavor of hempseed. I wonder if there's any similarity (probably not but I found that interesting, and cannabis flower sort of has a similar effect based on my experience)

8. OP
    gretchen

gretchen Member

No, Bach essences are vibrational, not nutritional.