Baby Death: Parents Convicted Over Vegetable Milk Diet

T

tca300

I wouldn't want to point fingers, but perhaps researching the composition of human milk, and then trying to replicate it would have been a better idea. Or even better, goat/cow milk.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

I wouldn't want to point fingers, but perhaps researching the composition of human milk, and then trying to replicate it would have been a better idea. Or even better, goat/cow milk.

Judge was making an example here I'm guessing,we won't here the last of situations like this,the distrust of the medical establishment sends many to the extreme opposite,we see the same behaviour in people with regard to politics,OK with laws then want anarchy when the system is found to be corrupt.

How are people to know who to trust in the "alternative sphere", there we are discussing ssri's in another thread and how they may give relief initially but they have a fat tail of severe repercussion, what's the difference between St. John's wort and 5htp here for example,there isn't really.

T

tca300

Definitely! I had the same experience in regards to religion, then going to the extreme opposite. Probably shouldn't trust anyone, at least initially. Some problems in life can be avoided, I think, if calm rational thought is used instead of belief, like the death of the child.

tankasnowgod

Well, this isn't the first case that's been reported. I've heard something like this before, and a quick search for "Vegan Baby Death" brings up similar cases from Atlanta, Italy, and Florida (This was in Belgium). Looks like the two cases from the US centered around neglect, not the vegan diet directly (though I think that's factor).

Oddly, one article was claiming a "birth defect" defense, as the baby had no thymus on autopsy. But I remember Ray Peat mentioning in an interview that the thymus can get destroyed during extended fasting or starvation.

tankasnowgod

Definitely! I had the same experience in regards to religion, then going to the extreme opposite.

While probably a different thread, I've gone on a similar path about religion. I'm currently of the opinion that no organized religion is "THE ONE," but yet the ideas of spirituality and afterlife most certainly have some validity. I've also come to realize that there is a social and cultural aspect to religion that is quite valuable as well, and often gets overlooked.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

While probably a different thread, I've gone on a similar path about religion. I'm currently of the opinion that no organized religion is "THE ONE," but yet the ideas of spirituality and afterlife most certainly have some validity. I've also come to realize that there is a social and cultural aspect to religion that is quite valuable as well, and often gets overlooked.

Yes the cultural value of religion is relevant,it's a good way to keep billions of biologically twitchy humans from decending into chaos,the problem with the religions is they didn't adapt to the times,science was and still is deludedly trying to take its place but quantum physics laughed in its face.
Art and creativity with acceptance of change should instruct all,how to create a religion with this as the crux of the paradigm,Art and creativity should with time naturally bring the organism into a coherent state some bit. All the while we will make quicker discoveries about what we are here in this reality.
These are the things that are at work anyway and what make real change in this world,it's just humans dogmatic paradigms slow them down be it science or religion.

I did your Google and it's alarming,it will only increase unfortunately.

DaveFoster

First headline: "Dead Babies" ...alright that's enough RP forum for today.

"...the baby had refused infant formula." I don't really blame that baby.

Non vegan babies die all the time. One vegan baby dies and everyone points it out. There could have been many things going on.

This resonated with me because I heard a vegan who runs a whole foods shop in my town explaining to an older lady why she shouldn't drink cow milk as it makes your blood acidic.

That's weird because Whole Food's sells animal products so I don't know why a vegan would run one and then try to down sell animal products. They aren't allowed to do that, especially one who runs the whole store.

Luckily she seemed pretty skeptical about "these new age ideas".

Not drinking milk is new age? Plenty of long lived folk on no dairy. If anything, it makes more sense to say it the other way, that drinking non-human milk in the new age idea, depending on your definition of age.

Last edited:
Non vegan babies die all the time. One vegan baby dies and everyone points it out. There could have been many things going on.

walker_in_aus

That's weird because Whole Food's sells animal products so I don't know why a vegan would run one and then try to down sell animal products. They aren't allowed to do that, especially one who runs the whole store.

Sorry I'm in Australia, not the american wholefoods, just a local store in my town called Whole Foods. They do sell animal products as well though but cater to vegan/veg. Still it's an example of people subscribing to dogma and not perceiving and acting I guess.

You're right other babies die too, I get caught up with media.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Strawman as usual.
There are many things going on with the deaths of "non vegan babies" also,it seems clear from from the evidence in this case it was specifically the milk formula which started the health decline in the infant. An autopsy would have been done as with the other rising vegan infant deaths.
The point being made by the thread is the pointlessness of following vegan "scripture" with a new borns unless there is a primary lactase issue which is extremely rare and thankfully we now have better formulas for that. It's a pointless death like the guys who die from low sodium for example

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Not drinking milk is new age? Plenty of long lived folk on no dairy. If anything, it makes more sense to say it the other way, that drinking non-human milk in the new age idea, depending on your definition of age.

Most of those long live folk you mention drink breast milk and the crucial development stage which sets the ball rolling for the rest of their lives.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals