B Vitamins Reduced My Back Pain By 90%

inthedark

Recently I’d been having a recurrence of nagging moderate chronic back pain that would move around from shoulders to lower back throughout the day. I couldn’t sit still and had to constantly be stretching and shifting. I remembered a previous experience where I took a decent dose of Energin and noted a lessening of the pain the next day. I bought a bottle of cheap off the shelf B-vitamins, with fairly large dose and took two one evening. The next day the back pain had nearly disappeared and I went the entire day with nearly no discomfort. I’ve kept taking the Bs and the back pain is still gone. I wanted to post this here in case others are struggling with the same issue, addressing B vitamins is pretty low hanging fruit so this could save you much time and pain.

Secondary, does anyone know what the link here might be physiologically?

Waynish

Ya back pain is all about inflammation which can happen anywhere along the digestive tract including in the organs (spleen, liver, etc).

shine

Tense back muscles can cause back pain. When muscles don't have enough energy, they tense up. More energy from the B complex could lead to more relaxed muscles and therefore less pressure on the spinal cord.
Also, neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline are involved in pain perception. The B vitamins could be modulating neurotransmitter levels leading to decreased perception of pain.

OP
I

inthedark

Tense back muscles can cause back pain. When muscles don't have enough energy, they tense up. More energy from the B complex could lead to more relaxed muscles and therefore less pressure on the spinal cord.
Also, neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline are involved in pain perception. The B vitamins could be modulating neurotransmitter levels leading to decreased perception of pain.

Thanks! My guess was it was probably due to reduction in stress but I’m not super familiar with how the various B’s affect these things so I appreciate the rundown!

berk

Recently I’d been having a recurrence of nagging moderate chronic back pain that would move around from shoulders to lower back throughout the day. I couldn’t sit still and had to constantly be stretching and shifting. I remembered a previous experience where I took a decent dose of Energin and noted a lessening of the pain the next day. I bought a bottle of cheap off the shelf B-vitamins, with fairly large dose and took two one evening. The next day the back pain had nearly disappeared and I went the entire day with nearly no discomfort. I’ve kept taking the Bs and the back pain is still gone. I wanted to post this here in case others are struggling with the same issue, addressing B vitamins is pretty low hanging fruit so this could save you much time and pain.

Secondary, does anyone know what the link here might be physiologically?
how much red meat are you eating everyday?

Ableton

I want to start with B‘s, since they also have been recommended to me for hypo, and I too have back problems. Are complexes fine? Where does niacinamide fit in here, can you take it with a complex?

berk

I probably have red meat a 1-4 times a week depending on the week, it’s pretty variable.
Well there is your back pain problem. you need to eat it every day for recovery from you daily activity's.
Any kind of supplements set up a big inflammation in to the intestines and cause many health issues when long time use because the nasty chemical stuff in it.
Rp also recommend to ditch supplements and eat whole food.

OP
I

inthedark

Well there is your back pain problem. you need to eat it every day for recovery from you daily activity's.
Any kind of supplements set up a big inflammation in to the intestines and cause many health issues when long time use because the nasty chemical stuff in it.
Rp also recommend to ditch supplements and eat whole food.

I’m going through a period of heavy stress and demands, which will be ending soon. This has coincided with the back pain, so I don’t anticipate needing to supplement for very long.

OP
I

inthedark

I want to start with B‘s, since they also have been recommended to me for hypo, and I too have back problems. Are complexes fine? Where does niacinamide fit in here, can you take it with a complex?

I would reconvened finding a high quality supplement if that’s what you want to do. Idealabs has a good one. I only got this cheap one for the sake of expediency and being able to take large doses for a short period of time. Most standard B complexes, like the one I got have shitty excipients that can pose problems for some people, especially for long term use.

As for Niacinimide, there should be a lot of info on here if you do a search.

Trix

@Rick_F I read a recent book that says B6 by itself is for back pain....I'm wondering if it is because it's a natural diuretic and that would help with inflammation. Not sure though.

positives outmatch the negatives by far in regards to b-complex.
i would recc it for anyone,any insufficiency is already doing long-term damage.
That you had already subjective pathology like changed perception or muscle dysfunction is testament to that.

DrJ

I also noticed a decrease in back pain when increasing B6

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals