B Vitamins Doubled My Total Testosterone Levels

T

TheBeard

As many of you already know, I attribute a lot of importance to hormones, and I've played quite a bit with them.

I have been off testosterone since the 6th of June this year.
When natural, my natural testosterone levels has always hovered around 500ng/dl.

It was 480ng/dl before I ever used testosterone, and 520ng/dl in september, 3 months after I discontinued testosterone.

At that time I was off ALL supplements. Not one pill would go through my system.

I have started taking Thorne's basic B complex around a month and a half ago, with great benefits. Full sized flaccid hang, balls fuller, great libido, enhanced cognition, enhanced mood.

I was curious if it had had any impact on my testosterone levels, so I went for a blood test end of last week.

My total testosterone came back at 974ng/dl.

I made sure to take my last B vitamin pill 24h prior to the test as Biotin can skew results.

E2 came back at 16pg/ml (11-44) too low to my liking.
Prolactin 16ng/ml (2-18) which seems crazy high given that the B complex has a huge B6 dose!!
@haidut not sure what to make of this prolactin value and how to decrease it.

25 hydroxy vitamin D came back low at 21,4ng/ml (30-80)

My next experiment is to start Vitamin D and Vitamin K supplementation, see if they improve my muscle building ability, which is amazingly low for a T level close to 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:

haidut

Forum Supporter
As many of you already know, I attribute a lot of importance to hormones, and I've played quite a bit with them.

I have been off testosterone since the 6th of June this year.
When natural, my natural testosterone levels has always hovered around 500ng/dl.

It was 480ng/dl before I ever used testosterone, and 520ng/dl in september, 3 months after I discontinued testosterone.

At that time I was off ALL supplements. Not one pill would go through my system.

I have started taking Thorne's basic B complex around a month and a half ago, with great benefits. Full sized flaccid hang, balls fuller, great libido, enhanced cognition, enhances mood.

I was curious if it had had any impact on my testosterone levels, so I went for a blood test end of last week.

My total testosterone came back at 974ng/dl.

I made sure to take my last B vitamin pill 24h prior to the test as Biotin can skew results.

E2 came back at 16pg/ml (11-44) too low to my liking.
Prolactin 16ng/ml (2-18) which seems crazy high given that the B complex has a huge B6 dose!!
@haidut not sure what to make of this prolactin value and how to decrease it.

25 hydroxy vitamin D came back low at 21,4ng/ml (30-80)

My next experiment is to start Vitamin D and Vitamin K supplementation, see if they improve my muscle building ability, which is amazingly low for a T level close to 1000.

I think these are great results! Coincidentally, I will make a post soon on oral pregnenolone also raising total T in males. Combining pregnenolone with the B vitamins should accelerate the conversion downstream and possibly raise T even more.
When T is that high, prolactin will rise as some of that T is getting converted into estrogen even if the serum levels of estradiol seem low-ish. Bodybuilders who use TRT always get elevated prolactin. You are not doing TRT but with T that high (technically above the upper limit of normal range) it is expected that prolactin will also rise some. Btw, serum estradiol is mostly a sign of how much estradiol the gonads are making, so having it that low is actually a great sign of gonadal health. Most of the total body estrogen comes from peripheral aromatization and is measurable by either estrone sulfate (E1S) or prolactin.

duckduck

I wouldn't mess with anything if I would be perfectly healthy and have that kind of testosterone level, messing with D could do you all kinds of harm.

Frankdee20

That’s awesome news man, very happy to hear it... I have had similar T levels the last few years (460-500) and this is before using Pansterone, Androsterone, Kuinone, Examastane, and some Clomid (not ******* around anymore)...... Just wanted to say that for me, I’ve used B complex, good brands (methylated versions) off and on prior to what I mentioned, and it didn’t help with T.... Congrats

MitchMitchell

You should go get shbg measured, and free T alongside it.

Symptoms matter more than numbers anyway.

MitchMitchell

Nothing to worry about regarding prolactin. If you want to be premature ejaculator go ahead and crash it.

GenericName86

Great results, good to see the B vitamins are helping. I notice some benefits from Thorne's B complex, when i do take it I take the B-Complex #6 I believe although I haven't ordered it in a while.

Frankdee20

@TheBeard - Thorne makes 2 versions of that product, are you using the number 6 version with lots of B6 ?

OP
T

TheBeard

I think these are great results! Coincidentally, I will make a post soon on oral pregnenolone also raising total T in males. Combining pregnenolone with the B vitamins should accelerate the conversion downstream and possibly raise T even more.
When T is that high, prolactin will rise as some of that T is getting converted into estrogen even if the serum levels of estradiol seem low-ish. Bodybuilders who use TRT always get elevated prolactin. You are not doing TRT but with T that high (technically above the upper limit of normal range) it is expected that prolactin will also rise some. Btw, serum estradiol is mostly a sign of how much estradiol the gonads are making, so having it that low is actually a great sign of gonadal health. Most of the total body estrogen comes from peripheral aromatization and is measurable by either estrone sulfate (E1S) or prolactin.

Thank you Georgi.

Should I indeed start Vitamin D to correct the deficiency?
Or is that blood test meaningless?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you Georgi.

The vitamin D blood test is pretty reliable. I think it is worth trying maybe 3,000 IU - 4,000 IU daily, but I would try it on its own to see it specific effects. Maybe stop the B vitamins and take the D for a week or two and then retest, and then maybe try both together.

reality

I find it hard to believe it was just b vitamins?

Any dietary changes? Lifestyle factors?

MitchMitchell

Look at the topic I started and reactions on vitamin D being a hit or miss, but often times a miss.... especially if you’re already having a lot of calcium imo

Dobbler

You took nothing but that B complex and doubled test? Thats pretty amazing given the fact that thorne b complex is quite mild since the dosages are on the low side. Maybe you should do a test with just vitamin D. Would be interesting to see how that alone effects T.

MitchMitchell

I’ve doubled my T with nothing but a ketogenic diet... free T and shbg are needed guys. My own free T never ever budged at least naturally.

B2 is listed as a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. So, in theory, couldn't it raise T levels by inhibiting its conversion to downstream DHT? (Doesn't finasteride do the same?)

I just had this thought because literally a minute before seeing this thread, I wanted to look for single substances that RAISE 5-alpha-reductase (activity). That said, does anyone know if one of the B-vitamins can do this?

Frankdee20

B2 is listed as a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. So, in theory, couldn't it raise T levels by inhibiting its conversion to downstream DHT? (Doesn't finasteride do the same?)

I just had this thought because literally a minute before seeing this thread, I wanted to look for single substances that RAISE 5-alpha-reductase (activity). That said, does anyone know if one of the B-vitamins can do this?

Niacinamide has been mentioned here to do this