B Complex Makes Me Feel Cold And Drops My Temperature For A Couple Of Hours. Why?

TheDrumGuy

I just took B complex and my temp dropped from 99.0 to 98.3. I also felt cold, like I needed to put on more clothes and bundle up, even though my hands and feet weren't physically cold.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening? I doubt it has to do with crashing blood glucose or anything like that because I took it right after a meal with plenty of carbs. I also checked my blood sugars, which were rising (as would be expected given I just ate) as my temp fell. After about 2-3 hours my temp came back up to 99.

Last edited:

lampofred

Are you sure it was the b complex or did you eat a lot of starch? How many times did this happen?

OP
T

TheDrumGuy

Are you sure it was the b complex or did you eat a lot of starch? How many times did this happen?

I eat a ton of starch but I've been doing so forever and my temps didn't drop like this with the same meal plan yesterday.

milk_lover

What B vitamins in the complex? If you tell us a list of the ingredients on the bottle, that maybe gives us a better idea what is going on.

OP
T

TheDrumGuy

It's the Solgar B complex

91QfvjRLwzL._SL1500_.jpg

Waynish

Should probably buy independent b vitamins at least for b1, b2, and b3 to deduce. B2 can be pretty stressful for some people, for example.

johnwester130

I just took B complex and my temp dropped from 99.0 to 98.3. I also felt cold, like I needed to put on more clothes and bundle up, even though my hands and feet weren't physically cold.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening? I doubt it has to do with crashing blood glucose or anything like that because I took it right after a meal with plenty of carbs. I also checked my blood sugars, which were rising (as would be expected given I just ate) as my temp fell. After about 2-3 hours my temp came back up to 99.

you really only need b1, b2, b3 and b6 to supplement with, and certainly not 100mg of b6

get pantothenic acid and biotin from food

b9/b12 supplements are a complicated issue and should not be supplemented just randomly

choline/inositol are also to be avoided as supplements

PABA, not in the supplement you listed , is also to be avoided.

jitsmonkey

Lack of fuel can cause that
The crap excipients in the ingredient lists can cause that as well

milk_lover

It's the Solgar B complex

91QfvjRLwzL._SL1500_.jpg
That's a lot of B6 and B2 in one pill! You probably need less than 10 mg from each. Folic Acid, B12, B5, and choline can be found in regular food. Probably you don't need to supplement them. Inositol is also probably not needed. B1, B3, B7 (biotin) dosages sound reasonable. Have you looked at the product Energin? Its thread discusses those various B vitamins.

johnwester130

That's a lot of B6 and B2 in one pill! You probably need less than 10 mg from each. Folic Acid, B12, B5, and choline can be found in regular food. Probably you don't need to supplement them. Inositol is also probably not needed. B1, B3, B7 (biotin) dosages sound reasonable. Have you looked at the product Energin? Its thread discusses those various B vitamins.

peat did write b2 is most important,
then b3,
b1
then biotin

this is why energin only has 5 b vitamins in it

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/rosacea-inflammation-aging.shtml

OP
T

TheDrumGuy

Mechanistically though what do you guys think is going on? I've never heard of B vitamins inhibiting metabolism like this.

fradon

over digestion from starch and B vitamins...drops methylation drops thryroid drops body temp

also if you have back problems could activate issues with the triple heater.

OP
T

TheDrumGuy

over digestion from starch and B vitamins...drops methylation drops thryroid drops body temp

also if you have back problems could activate issues with the triple heater.

What do you mean by over digestion? And what's the triple heater?

fradon

What do you mean by over digestion? And what's the triple heater?

i tend to have issues with b vitamins and sugar as b help digest carbs so taking b supplements increases carb digestion...insulin(pancreas) and the adrenals antagonize...so over digesting carbs lowers adrenal function which lowers thyroid function...b vitamins also can lower methylation further lower adrenal output and thyroid output.

so by over digesting your starches your raise insulin higher which lowers adrenal and thryoid energy.

i took a b complex one day and got a bad histamine attack as histamine antagonizes methlation. so by lowing methylation with the b vitamin i inadvertently raised by histamine levels too high and got horrible hives.

the triple heater are three vetebrate regions in the mid to lower back that regulate body temp in acupuncture and chinese medecine.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
you really only need b1, b2, b3 and b6 to supplement with, and certainly not 100mg of b6

get pantothenic acid and biotin from food

b9/b12 supplements are a complicated issue and should not be supplemented just randomly

choline/inositol are also to be avoided as supplements

PABA, not in the supplement you listed , is also to be avoided.
Which B-Complex do you recommend exactly?