B. Coagulans decreases endotoxin , liver fibrosis and serotonin

Mauritio

B. Coagulans , a spore forming bacteria, few people proably have heard of . In my opinion it's one of the best probiotics and bacteria strains available.
It decreases endotoxin ,liver fibrosis inflammation, boosts a very healthy bacterium called F. Prausnitzii, which in turn lowers serotonin and produces butyrate and salicylic acid .
B. Coagulans also helps people with Crohns and IBS ,as it has been shown that its count is ver lowni nthise people.

1. This study shows in mice fed a high cholesterol diet B. coagulans was able to lower liver weight + enzymes , cholesterol and LDL .

2 . This study shows that B. Coagulans increases F. Prausnitzii. A very beneficial bacterium for the following reason:
- it decreases serotonin:
"Importantly, mice treated with either F. prausnitzii or its SN exhibited significant decreases in intestinal permeability, tissue cytokines and serotonin levels."
(Faecalibacterium prausnitzii prevents physiological damages in a chronic low-grade inflammation murine model)

- it increases butyrate and consumes acetate, another study found a synergistic between B.Coagulans and vinegar ,which contains acetate :
"F. prausnitzii is an acetate-consuming and butyrate-producing bacterium [27, 16]. Although it is one of the most common bacteria found in the human colon, it has been revealed that F. prausnitzii needs the presence of B. thetaiotamicron, a primary acetate-producer, in order to colonize the colon [27].

- it doesn't haveb lps on the outer membrane so it doesnt activat TLR4 :
"LPS proteins are ligands for the transmembrane protein, TLR4 (Toll-like receptor 4). These are not found on F. prausnitzii or other bacteria in clostridial cluster IV. This suggests that F. prausnitzii is one of the unique bacteria whose dermis structure does not necessarily align with its Gram-stain [17]."

- That B. Coagulans increases F. Prausnitzii is special since theres no commercial probiotic that contains it so far . So B. Coagulans and Vitmain B2 are probably your best bet to increase it .

- F. Prausnitzii produced salicylic acid in the gut ,which has anti-microbial properties of its own.
(Faecalibacterium prausnitzii treatment improves hepatic health and reduces adipose tissue inflammation in high-fat fed mice)

3. B. Coagulans is effective on it's own but this study shows that combined with ACV (Apple cider vinegar) it was even more effective. if theres more acetate from vinegar F. Prausnitzii can increase more easily , so I would guess it's from that .

B. coagulans, reduced food intake, attenuated body weight gain and enhanced glucose tolerance, only the supplemented drink improved the lipid serum profile and prevented hepatic HFD-induced overexpression of CD36, IL-1β, IL-6, LXR and SREBP, thus reducing lipid deposition in the liver. The beneficial properties of the B. coagulans-supplemented vinegar appear to be mediated by a reduction in insulin and leptin circulating levels.
(A Combination of Apple Vinegar Drink with Bacillus coagulans Ameliorates High Fat Diet-Induced Body Weight Gain, Insulin Resistance and Hepatic Steatosis - PubMed)

4. B. Coagulans also increases B. spp ,which is one of the few bacteria that don't produce serotonin. I talked about it a little in this thread.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Careful. Still recovering from it.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Perry Staltic

Never heard of f. prausnitzii

Faecalibacterium prausnitzii colonization in the colon is considered a notable biomarker for a healthy human gastrointestinal tract, and plays a key role in the maintenance of overall gut homeostasis. In the healthy human gut, F. prausnitzii comprises around 5% of the gut microbiota [7, 10, 16, 25], and has been detected at levels up to 15% [7]. Decreased abundance of F. prausnitzii has been linked to gut inflammation and several bowel diseases, including Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and colorectal cancer [7, 16, 24, 25].

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Never heard of f. prausnitzii

There's tons of studies on it from crohn's to ibs . It's implicated in many things .

"Faecalibacterium prausnitzii’s further promotes gut health by the production and promotion of anti-inflammatory molecules. These molecules include a proteinaceous “microbial anti-inflammatory molecule” (MAM) that can block the NF-κB pathway of inflammatory response [16]. Other anti-inflammatory attributes observed from F. prausnitzii include the ability to upregulate anti-inflammatory cytokines, such as IL-10, downregulatre pro-inflammatory molecules such as IL-12 and IFN-γ, and “reduce the severity of acute, chronic, and low-grade chemical-induced inflammation" [16, 22, 25]. F. prausnitzii has been shown to attenuate the severity of inflammation by inducing the production of tight-junction proteins found in the intestinal mucosa. This anti-inflammatory activity maintains the integrity of the gut lining and prevents leaky gut and further inflammation [16]. Finally, F. prausnitzii has been found to play a role in regulating proper proportionality of cell types in the gut epithelial lining, leading to proper cell maintenance functions (such as apoptosis) for the evasion of inflammation and cancerous cells [15]."

Shoutout to you @Perry Staltic for recommending B. Coagulans in the first place !

Perry Staltic

There's tons of studies on it from crohn's to ibs . It's implicated in many things .

Shout to you @Perry Staltic for recommending B. Coagulans in the first place !

It's great stuff IMO. The giver of blessed meatballs. This is how I first found out about it. Paid $1 per bag for several of these at a salvage place and saw a notable change in my bowel movements. Ingredients said it has coagulens; never heard of it, but got some. Never a fan of probiotics until this.

309426-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

It's great stuff IMO. The giver of blessed meatballs. This is how I first found out about it. Paid $1 per bag for several of these at a salvage place and saw a notable change in my bowel movements. Ingredients said is has coagulens; never heard of it, but got some. Never a fan of probiotics until this.

309426-500x500.jpg
Wow ,then you were just really lucky ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Perry Staltic

Coagulens produces a 99.8% optically pure L-lactate, For that reason I don't know why I don't see it being used by people using non-D-lactate producing probiotics to treat ME/CFS and autism.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Tell us what happened.
Wrecked my stomach. Cranked up the SIBO, raised the LPR, caused colitis type symptoms. No good for me. Still trying to knock it back.

Perry Staltic

Wrecked my stomach. Cranked up the SIBO, raised the LPR, caused colitis type symptoms. No good for me. Still trying to knock it back.

What brand did you use? Was it only coagulens or part of a mix?

Edit: What's LPR?

Sam321

What brand? Any probiotic that dissolves in your stomach is ***t. If a probiotic isn't tough enough to only hit your large intestine its problematic, especially if you have SIBO.

Sucks you had that experience dude.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If a probiotic isn't tough enough to only hit your large intestine its problematic, especially if you have SIBO.
Yeh it was definitely problematic in the small intestine.

Perry Staltic

Now I feel bad. You probably tried that because I mentioned it. How long ago was that?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thats why I really only use megasporebiotic. Tough enough to get thru stomach and small intestine.
Yeh I am not sure I will try another probiotic. lol

Now I feel bad. You probably tried that because I mentioned it. How long ago was that?
No worries, at all. It was around a month or so ago.