Awaken your breathing - Guided breathing exercises and meditations to boost metabolism, reduce stress, and expand our bones

JamesGatz

This will be a thread dedicated to breathing correctly and to awaken our breathing systems - respiration/breathing are extremely important to metabolic health and is definitely a field that I believe this many on the forum will benefit from

***** Full Credit to The Great Work/Kharna Dharma and Karan Singh - this is all of his work (he offers a paid course on his website as well - the information I'm sharing is mainly introductory information) *****

This is NOT my work - I am still learning in this field

What are the benefits of correcting our breathing?

- Better Metabolic Health
- Stronger Resistance to stress
- Jaw/Skull Expansion

Experiment 1 - Your Breathing System is interconnected with your entire body

Step 1) Take your hands, with all 5 fingers held gently straight and together - , the thumb also pulled in with the rest of the fingers.

Step 2) You will take relaxed breaths, slightly deeper than normal, and notice whether maximum expansion and contraction happens more in your upper chest region, or lower in your diaphragm and belly region.

Step 3) Palms facing up for 5 breaths. Notice that your breath is higher in the chest

Step 4) Palms facing down for 5 breaths, notice that your breath is lower in the chest and belly. Alternate a few times to see the difference

Use this video for guided reference:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGCdpmWQLns&t=265s&ab_channel=Sadhguru

Breathing Exercises - Tension/Trauma Releasing Exercises

This video is a little bit long and goes a little slow - but I would strongly recommend trying at least the first few exercises I linked to
- This is about awakening your entire breathing system - The entire video is worth following along so I would highly recommend following the entire process

View: https://youtu.be/FeUioDuJjFI?t=133

Holographic Breathing

View: https://youtu.be/aOeZFTPQt3g?t=597

This is a very brief introductory summary of the field of breathing correctly as well as jaw/skull expansion - when trying these exercises - it is normal to feel cracks and pops all around your skull - If you liked these videos/exercises - You can check-out his work at the Great Work as well as join his discord group Karna Dharma (which is linked on his website or I can send you an invite as well - he has a paid course that goes much deeper than the information I posted here

Once again - this is NOT my work - I am a learner in this field and this is just an introduction to proper breathing patterns - I would strongly recommend regularly doing these breathing exercises for awakening your entire body's breathing system

Last edited:

Don

This will be a thread dedicated to breathing correctly and to awaken our breathing systems - respiration/breathing are extremely important to metabolic health and is definitely a field that I believe this many on the forum will benefit from

***** Full Credit to The Great Work/Kharna Dharma and Karan Singh - this is all of his work (he offers a paid course on his website as well - the information I'm sharing is mainly introductory information) *****

This is NOT my work - I am still learning in this field

What are the benefits of correcting our breathing?

- Better Metabolic Health
- Stronger Resistance to stress
- Jaw/Skull Expansion

Experiment 1 - Your Breathing System is interconnected with your entire body

Step 1) Take your hands, with all 5 fingers held gently straight and together - , the thumb also pulled in with the rest of the fingers.

Step 2) You will take relaxed breaths, slightly deeper than normal, and notice whether maximum expansion and contraction happens more in your upper chest region, or lower in your diaphragm and belly region.

Step 3) Palms facing up for 5 breaths. Notice that your breath is higher in the chest

Step 4) Palms facing down for 5 breaths, notice that your breath is lower in the chest and belly. Alternate a few times to see the difference

Use this video for guided reference:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGCdpmWQLns&t=265s&ab_channel=Sadhguru

Breathing Exercises - Tension/Trauma Releasing Exercises

This video is a little bit long and goes a little slow - but I would strongly recommend trying at least the first few exercises I linked to
- This is about awakening your entire breathing system - The entire video is worth following along so I would highly recommend following the entire process

View: https://youtu.be/FeUioDuJjFI?t=133

Holotropic Breathing - This video is also a little bit long, but once again i strongly recommend watching from the time I linked to - for this exercise - the feeling is pretty intense, but I would definitely recommend sticking with it

View: https://youtu.be/prfll4C1zw0?t=241

This is a very brief introductory summary of the field of breathing correctly as well as jaw/skull expansion - when trying these exercises - it is normal to feel cracks and pops all around your skull - If you liked these videos/exercises - You can check-out his work at the Great Work as well as join his discord group Karna Dharma (which is linked on his website or I can send you an invite as well - he has a paid course that goes much deeper than the information I posted here

Once again - this is NOT my work - I am a learner in this field and this is just an introduction to proper breathing patterns - I would strongly recommend regularly doing these breathing exercises for awakening your entire body's breathing system

AWESOME I need to get back to doing the trauma release exercises again. they really helped me and now i dont feel the need to do them but of course we all still do.

laleto12

Ever since I've had a panic attack three years ago I lost to ability to just relax and breathe peacefully. I was into meditation but these days If I try this my heart rate increases and I cant relax.

VitoScaletta

Ever since I've had a panic attack three years ago I lost to ability to just relax and breathe peacefully. I was into meditation but these days If I try this my heart rate increases and I cant relax.
Could be low CO2.

Also maybe try Mirtazapine

A

Adf

Thanks for these videos, I will have to get stuck into them after work.

I would wager 99% of people don't breathe deep enough with their normal breaths. A trick to try is the pay attention to how deep your usual breathe is, do a couple and note how deep it is, how deep it feels. For most, it would feel like 50%. It feels like a lot, and sufficient.

Then you breathe to that level, and slowly continue breathing until you reach actual capacity. You will keep breathing and breathing and breathing and you realise your normal breathe is likely 20% at best, maybe even less.

Self conscious people certainly do not breathe properly. I was an overweight child and walked around sucking my gut in all day long. If you look at children (like 8 and below) they walk around with the stomachs out, full breathing into their diaphragm. Then society tells you that attractiveness means having a narrow waist.

I do the Wim Hoff method, except I put him on loop and do 6+ rounds. The first 3 rounds of breathing I go at my own pace, then rounds 4 onwards I try to match Wim's quick pace. This is because going at a quick pace from the beginning puts my body in high anxiety, fight-or-flight mode which is the complete opposite to what I want.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Please ignore the Holotropic breathing part - I had confused holographic breathing with holotropic breathing and posted the completely wrong method/video and I believe holotropic breathing is actually dangerous so I wouldn't try it - I'm about to edit this thread to include buteyko instead

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Another thing I would like to add is focusing on utilizing our other muscles for breathing - I would say to not envision the air coming in and out of the chest as most people do -

if you imagine you are breathing from your lower back muscles and the trapezius muscle for example - I tend to envision my breathing coming from my lower back and focusing my lower back muscles on drawing breath and my breathing feels so much more deeper and lively

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JqFWUjxI1Q&t=126s&ab_channel=rivedroiteprod

back-muscle-atrophy-risk.png

trapezius_muscle.jpg

Makrosky

Please ignore the Holotropic breathing part - I had confused holographic breathing with holotropic breathing and posted the completely wrong method/video and I believe holotropic breathing is actually dangerous so I wouldn't try it - I'm about to edit this thread to include buteyko instead
It is not dangerous per se. It just has to be done in the proper context with a qualified professional.

A

Adf

Another thing I would like to add is focusing on utilizing our other muscles for breathing - I would say to not envision the air coming in and out of the chest as most people do -

if you imagine you are breathing from your lower back muscles and the trapezius muscle for example - I tend to envision my breathing coming from my lower back and focusing my lower back muscles on drawing breath and my breathing feels so much more deeper and lively

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JqFWUjxI1Q&t=126s&ab_channel=rivedroiteprod

View attachment 36373

View attachment 36374

I like to lay down, touch my heels together with knees slightly pointed outward, and rest my hands on my hips with my elbows pointed outward. I envision an infinity symbol, as my arm and leg positioning make an 8 shape, and everything is touching and linked. I lay on a pillow lengthwise, so one end of the pillow is toward my tailbone and one end is under my head.

I then visualize white golden cosmic energy with every breath in, and visualize that energy stays inside my body to energize, looping through my linked infinity position. Each breath in starts at the bottom of my spine or tailbone, and fills its way up to my head like a wave.

When doing breathwork in this position my entire body often starts buzzing after 10-15 minutes, in a good and relaxed way. I don't get the buzzing feeling when I'm not linking a circuit with my arms and legs.

Back
Top Bottom