Avena Sativa/Oat Straw (Peat Friendly?)

A.R

Was wondering if anyone on this forum has used this herb. Apparently it is rich in b vitamins, but I’m worried like brewers yeast, it might be estrogenic

Dave Clark

Not sure about the estrogenic part, but avena sativa is suppose to increase free testosterone. I use it off and on, but I don't really notice anything. Right now it is not necessarily one of my top herbs, but I like to keep up to date on new scientific findings. I suppose you would have to do lab tests to confirm that it had any testosterone boosting effects.

OP
A.R

A.R

Not sure about the estrogenic part, but avena sativa is suppose to increase free testosterone. I use it off and on, but I don't really notice anything. Right now it is not necessarily one of my top herbs, but I like to keep up to date on new scientific findings. I suppose you would have to do lab tests to confirm that it had any testosterone boosting effects.
What other herbs have you used it along with? And did you make tea out of the leaves or take it in powder form?

Dave Clark

What other herbs have you used it along with? And did you make tea out of the leaves or take it in powder form?
I always used it in extract form, feeling it may have the strongest effects. I have always used it with other herbs that may be more powerful and shroud it's effects, like ginseng, jiaogulan, cistanche, eucommia, etc. I also use avena sativa with nettle root extract.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals