Autism and gut connection + insight on how people treat autistic people

LUH 3417

I have come exactly to the same conclusion.

Sadly, I can't tolerate carrot salad either. Did it helped your liver?
I feel like it’s beneficial for binding bile and cleaning out my gut but I seem to do better on it with A LOT of salt, olive oil, and acv with manuka honey. Sometimes I put an entire teaspoon or more of salt on it. For me that’s made a difference between tolerating it or not tolerating.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I have mild scoliosis. When I put my hand on my chest, the right side of my sternum protrudes a bit more than my left, so I image there is something structural going on for me and explains why stretching or postural corrections help.
whoa! I have this exact problem, too.

Have you looked into psoas muscle and their release?

Apparently, shortened psoas muscle might cause a cascade of postural problems from knees to neck and skull.

Scoliosis and / or weakened muscle around the spine might cause pressure on and malfunction of vagus nerve, which alone would explain all our digestive issues.

Working on my posture was the only thing that actually helped so far, and I have tried pretty much everything

LUH 3417

whoa! I have this exact problem, too.

Have you looked into psoas muscle and their release?

Apparently, shortened psoas muscle might cause a cascade of postural problems from knees to neck and skull.

Scoliosis and / or weakened muscle around the spine might cause pressure on and malfunction of vagus nerve, which alone would explain all our digestive issues.

Working on my posture was the only thing that actually helped so far, and I have tried pretty much everything
I googled it but never tried. Do you do a release that works? I’ve been rubbing k2 and rosemary oil on that area of my chest.

mostlylurking

LUH 3417

This would add to the picture of why digestive bitters and vagus nerve stimulation helps with my allergies.

Gustav3Y

Most people's scoliosis do not look as bad as that and it is one of the reasons why few people realize they have scoliosis in the first place.
I believe much more ordinary scoliosis pictures should be used more often.

mostlylurking

This would add to the picture of why digestive bitters and vagus nerve stimulation helps with my allergies.
My scoliosis resolved with thyroid supplementation and thiamine hcl. I had been diagnosed with a short leg and fitted with a 5/8" tall shoe lift (for about 8 years). Now my back is straight and I no longer need a shoe lift. It took about a year to correct. I also went to a chiropractor for adjustments throughout this time, but that alone does not account for the full recovery I experienced.

LUH 3417

My scoliosis resolved with thyroid supplementation and thiamine hcl. I had been diagnosed with a short leg and fitted with a 5/8" tall shoe lift (for about 8 years). Now my back is straight and I no longer need a shoe lift. It took about a year to correct. I also went to a chiropractor for adjustments throughout this time, but that alone does not account for the full recovery I experienced.
that’s incredible. Thank you for sharing. How bad was your scoliosis? Also what is your thyroid regimen?
Mine is slight, in that it was never diagnosed by my pediatrician, but I noticed that my sternum is off, my left shoulder is always carried higher than my right shoulder, and my left jaw line is more defined and wider although I think all these things have to do with rotation and my entire body being held on a slant/tint.

mostlylurking

that’s incredible. Thank you for sharing. How bad was your scoliosis? Also what is your thyroid regimen?
My scoliosis was bad enough to require a 5/8" shoe lift with prescription orthotic shoes, and also a 1/4" butt lift that I had to sit on to square up my pelvis. I was diagnosed in 2007 and used the 5/8" shoe lift and butt lift until mid 2015 when I no longer needed them.

I changed my prescription thyroid from Armour to Acella natural desiccated thyroid in March of 2015 because I had developed rheumatoid arthritis because Armour stopped working (it was reformulated spring 2014). My endocrinologist ended up doubling the dose to 180mg/day, titrating it up over about 9 months. During this time I supplemented with thiamine, niacinamide, magnesium glycinate, progesterone, pregnenolone.

In June of 2020, I took Bactrim antibiotic for an infection which blocked my thiamine function and I got really sick. I figured out what was wrong by researching and also by testing thiamine hcl in a higher dose which relieved my lactic acidosis. I continue to take high dose thiamine hcl and have experienced many improvements in my health from it. Since using high dose thiamine hcl, my endocrinologist has lowered my thyroid med from 180 mgs to 135 mgs. because my T3 got too high. Evidently there's a balancing act regarding taking thiamine and also thyroid.

I think that I have had a thiamine deficiency/thiamine functional blockage since I was a child and got mercury amalgam fillings in my teeth. Heavy metals use up/block thiamine, requiring more of it to compensate.

mostlylurking

Mine is slight, in that it was never diagnosed by my pediatrician, but I noticed that my sternum is off, my left shoulder is always carried higher than my right shoulder, and my left jaw line is more defined and wider although I think all these things have to do with rotation and my entire body being held on a slant/tint.
A good chiropractor can work wonders.

I was 57 when my scoliosis was diagnosed. I probably had it for a long time before then because I had a history of hip joint pain and knee pain going back to age 12.

Hypothyroidism causes mushy cartilage. Thiamine deficiency/functional blockage causes autonomic nervous system problems (disautonomia). The combination of mushy cartilage and uneven nerve impulses going down your back results in scoliosis, at least I believe it did for me.

Reemaway

After certain point I was very particular to buy only probiotics that doesn't produce histamines or D-lactate.

Have tried maybe dozens of such products.

It doesn't work, sorry.

It can't work.

Probiotics aim to mask the symptom instead of fixing the underlying cause.
For many years, I have spent thousands on supplements, experimenting individually and synergistically with other things........which I strongly believe made me worse unfortunately, even if it did offer temporary relief by masking symptoms. I have found peace of mind dropping all supplements, and peace from most of my symptoms by staying true to the elimination diet that works for me. Every now and then, when I feel optimistic, I get back into researching and if something seems promising or the dots align, I might give it a shot. Life's precious, do and eat what works for you, stay hopeful, and tread on with gratefulness.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
staying true to the elimination diet that works for me. Every now and then, when I feel optimistic, I get back into researching and if something seems promising or the dots align, I might give it a shot. Life's precious, do and eat what works for you, stay hopeful, and tread on with gratefulness.
100% can relate to this exactly friend.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

For many years, I have spent thousands on supplements, experimenting individually and synergistically with other things........which I strongly believe made me worse unfortunately, even if it did offer temporary relief by masking symptoms. I have found peace of mind dropping all supplements, and peace from most of my symptoms by staying true to the elimination diet that works for me. Every now and then, when I feel optimistic, I get back into researching and if something seems promising or the dots align, I might give it a shot. Life's precious, do and eat what works for you, stay hopeful, and tread on with gratefulness.
Exactly. This.

Have exactly the same experience.

aniciete

The thing is, I can't tolerate thiamine and magnesium supplements. Like at all. They are the worst trigger for my digestive issues, together with glycine.

Ray Peat is against magnesium supplementation because it causes intestinal irritation, inflammation, rise in histamine and nitric oxide

According to my experience, he is 100% correct on that.

In fact, I'd say that supplement use is probably one of the reasons why my digestion is f**d up
What exactly do you notice with magnesium supplements? Bloating?

Nfinkelstein

A good chiropractor can work wonders.

I was 57 when my scoliosis was diagnosed. I probably had it for a long time before then because I had a history of hip joint pain and knee pain going back to age 12.

Hypothyroidism causes mushy cartilage. Thiamine deficiency/functional blockage causes autonomic nervous system problems (disautonomia). The combination of mushy cartilage and uneven nerve impulses going down your back results in scoliosis, at least I believe it did for me.
That's helpful to me. Was your scoliosis lumbar or thoracic or...?

mostlylurking

That's helpful to me. Was your scoliosis lumbar or thoracic or...?
The D.O. manipulation doctor (the guy who put me in the 5/8" orthotic lift in my left shoe) focused on rearranging my pelvis. It hurt a lot but it didn't help me. I had issues in my lumbar area. That was in 2007. I remember my upper back was curved off to the side because when viewed from the front, my navel was not centered above my pelvis and a compensation was made in the upper back so I wouldn't fall over. Middle of upper back tends to have an issue (from a fall, Oct. of 2020) but is fine if I exercise daily.

I got into real trouble with scoliosis because #1 I was thiamine deficient, which messed up the electrical impulses from my brain down the sides of my spine; and #2 I was strongly hypothyroid which made my cartilage water logged and mushy. Both issues have been addressed now so I'm in pretty good shape re. my spine, pelvis, hip joints, knees, and feet. The thyroid needs thiamine to function properly so both issues are closely related.

Nfinkelstein

The D.O. manipulation doctor (the guy who put me in the 5/8" orthotic lift in my left shoe) focused on rearranging my pelvis. It hurt a lot but it didn't help me. I had issues in my lumbar area. That was in 2007. I remember my upper back was curved off to the side because when viewed from the front, my navel was not centered above my pelvis and a compensation was made in the upper back so I wouldn't fall over. Middle of upper back tends to have an issue (from a fall, Oct. of 2020) but is fine if I exercise daily.

I got into real trouble with scoliosis because #1 I was thiamine deficient, which messed up the electrical impulses from my brain down the sides of my spine; and #2 I was strongly hypothyroid which made my cartilage water logged and mushy. Both issues have been addressed now so I'm in pretty good shape re. my spine, pelvis, hip joints, knees, and feet. The thyroid needs thiamine to function properly so both issues are closely related.
The link between the scoliosis and the hypothyroid is very interesting. Have you ever been checked for "flat" feet? It can also be linked to scoliosis although I don't think it's causative. But it's rampant and I'm wondering if it is also related to hypothyroid. If the hypothyroid causes you to be mag deficient, and the mag deficiency causes the muscle tightening which causes the scoliosis, the whole thing makes sense. Are you still taking the NDT?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals