Autism - A Disease Linked To Mother's Thyroid Function

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi all,

It's time for another one of my looney posts:): I remember that in one of his interviews or emails Ray Peat talked about ausitm and said that it's highly corelated with maternal stress during pregnancy. A we all know, stress affects the thyroid and thymus above all other organs. Here is a recent study that seems to confirm that view (e.g. the autism-thyroid connection):

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 111730.htm

jaguar43

haidut said:
Hi all,

It's time for another one of my looney posts:): I remember that in one of his interviews or emails Ray Peat talked about ausitm and said that it's highly corelated with maternal stress during pregnancy. A we all know, stress affects the thyroid and thymus above all other organs. Here is a recent study that seems to confirm that view (e.g. the autism-thyroid connection):

Whats your thoughts on vaccines. I think they can provide a stress reactions. But I don't think they are the cause.

DaveFoster

If we think of autism, (as a highly-functioning autist,) it's an analytic personality style that tries to dissect components down to their basic functioning parts, or at least that's how it manifests in my own behavior. Rather than allowing for social interaction in an uninterrupted manner, the autist will try to piece together the interaction in an attempt to maximize the efficiency of the transaction; all very Machiavellian.

So, it makes sense that a maternal environment replete of energy scarcity (as signaled by an elevation in stress-hormones) would direct development toward a personality well-suited for social isolation to ensure survival of the organism in a high-risk environment.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jag2594 said:
post 27636
haidut said:
Hi all,

Whats your thoughts on vaccines. I think they can provide a stress reactions. But I don't think they are the cause.

Pretty much agree, however if the vaccine is the straw that broke the camel's back then it really does not matter right? Bottom line is, unless the mother and baby are in excellent metabolic health then vaccines should be viewed with caution. And is both mother and child are healthy then they probably don't need the vaccines. If they are not healthy, then they need the vaccine even less since it can be such a potent stressor.
Bottom line - I would like to see a trial comparing several groups - random selection of people getting the vaccine or placebo, metabolically healthy group getting vaccine/placebo, and sick group getting vaccines placebo. Ray claims that such trial has been done in Latin America in the 1960s and the well-fed and healthy group did best. However, I would like to see it repeated with more modern methods and much larger population than what was done in the 1960s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arrade

My mother must have had a golden thyroid I was born with high functioning social skills