Australian Alcohol Culture And Immigrants

Goobz

I regret engaging in this pathetic thread.

So you appear to enjoy posting short, controversial posts which are clearly going to spark responses, and when someone takes the time to write a proper reply (and one which happens to disagree with you) you tap out and resort to insulting everyone on your way out.

well-that-escalated-quickly-quick-meme-com-19310781.png

ATP

It shouldn’t be controversial to say that there’s an obsession with a plethora of people claiming white people are racist. Also, it’s white people saying this too, pretending they’re not white themselves. The rhetoric is everywhere lately.

Every action someone does these days is called sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. It’s fashionable to be publicly outraged. It’s a bunch of people whining about imaginary issues.

This is a forum about science, not a place for people to further advertise their self-proclaimed superior moral compass

thomas00

Maybe broaden your horizons beyond petty culture wars then.

It's not 'obsessive' to point out white people instituted a whites-only policy. It's historical fact. People who get huffy about that have some issues lurking...

Goobz

It shouldn’t be controversial to say that there’s an obsession with a plethora of people claiming white people are racist. Also, it’s white people saying this too, pretending they’re not white themselves. The rhetoric is everywhere lately.

Every action someone does these days is called sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. It’s fashionable to be publicly outraged. It’s a bunch of people whining about imaginary issues.

This is a forum about science, not a place for people to further advertise their self-proclaimed superior moral compass

Sure, but all of that is pretty well accepted as of the last few years. Well it seems to be here in Australia at least. We even had Jordan Peterson on our political talk show Q and A and there were plenty of people on the show and in the audience that agreed with him. As I said in my first post, I think the "anti white" style identity politics was a bigger issue a few years ago, maybe till about 2017.

But the OP is talking about something more specific than general claims of racism, tracking it to different cultural backgrounds and use of alcohol. And wanting to get into the nitty gritty details a bit more. And I think its fine to do that without feeling the need to play the "anti white" card, which to me is just the same as playing the race card as an ethnic person - its designed to shut down debate.

As an Australian (who is white) I agree 100% that alcohol and pubs are intrinsically woven into our social culture, and I think any religious person that shuts themselves out of that culture is going to find it hard to integrate. And I can see how racism could foster in that divide. On both sides, mind you.

ATP

Australia has some of the worse media concentration laws in the world. The 'news' comes primarily from two or three media barons who run 24/7 terror campaigns against immigrants and refugees. Immigration and race have always been the biggest election issues.

Historically, whitey the Aussie has been all too aware that the island he was living on was surrounded by other, bigger islands full of non-whites.

Seems as though you're the one that needs to broaden your horizon beyond petty culture wars.

ATP

Sure, but all of that is pretty well accepted as of the last few years. Well it seems to be here in Australia at least. We even had Jordan Peterson on our political talk show Q and A and there were plenty of people on the show and in the audience that agreed with him. As I said in my first post, I think the "anti white" style identity politics was a bigger issue a few years ago, maybe till about 2017.

But the OP is talking about something more specific than general claims of racism, tracking it to different cultural backgrounds and use of alcohol. And wanting to get into the nitty gritty details a bit more. And I think its fine to do that without feeling the need to play the "anti white" card, which to me is just the same as playing the race card as an ethnic person - its designed to shut down debate.

As an Australian (who is white) I agree 100% that alcohol and pubs are intrinsically woven into our social culture, and I think any religious person that shuts themselves out of that culture is going to find it hard to integrate. And I can see how racism could foster in that divide. On both sides, mind you.
The majority of people want to get on with their lives and not have to be subjected to constant dialogue about crap such as this. Thus, the reason for my original comment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom