Australia? Why so Psycho?

Birdie

A comment on The Last Refuge site:

wlbeattie
September 23, 2021 2:15 am

Australia does not have a Bill of Rights. We have some Common Law Rights that are based on the Magna Carta.
But we do have many many Laws stating what we aren’t allowed to do!
See any difference there?
The Only groups that “own” firearms are Criminals and the Government.

Basically, we don’t “own” our legally acquired guns as we’re not allowed sell them, give them away or transfer them to any non licensed Gun Dealer.
We have laws and we also have bureaucrat mandated “rules”, which they change and interpret as they wish.
We are allowed to buy firearms at the Governments pleasure and not only are our guns registered but so are those allowed to use them.
It very easy for the Bureaucrats to say we’re unsuitable to hold a firearm license for a myriad of reasons. Thus, if we lose our license we must transfer all our firearms to a Government licensed firearms dealer or hand them directly over to the Police.

Don’t ever give up your 2A!
P.S. The Pork Choppers are overhead again.
Signing off from locked-down Melbourne, Australia!

Birdie

Same commenter added this:

P.S.S. Did I mention it’s illegal for us to own mace, pepper spray or electric stunners, let alone have access to any kind of bullet-proof clothing.

Also banned (or require a license) laser pointers, replica firearms, flick knives, knuckle dusters, hand-held crossbows and we need to show a photo ID to buy any edged “weapon” like a folding pocket knife. FFS

Birdie

A comment on The Treehouse :

QCM
September 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Reply to kinthenorthwest
The Nazis were able to get away with it all in WWII…
Not because one man was evil…
But because of ALL the evil men and women who said “I’m just doing my job, I don’t have any other skills, mate.”

Doc Sandoz

According to the article:

Thousands of heavily outfitted and well-armed jackboots -with armor plated MRAP vehicles in support- confronted the protest groups throughout the Melbourne metro area.

The police deployments forced the groups to assemble at Melbourne’s Shrine of Remembrance where a stand-off took place between the protestors and thousands of police units surrounding them.

Once they had the protestors surrounded, the police began tightening the perimeter, until they eventually opened fire with tear gas and rubber bullets.
Thanks, tear gas and pepper spray is what they hit us with at the 1999 WTO protests in Seattle. Tear gas is nasty, I was lucky I knew of an intersection on high ground to flee toward. Rubber bullets can be very dangerous, deadly in fact if they hit in the wrong spot. These are brave people.

Birdie

Thanks, tear gas and pepper spray is what they hit us with at the 1999 WTO protests in Seattle. Tear gas is nasty, I was lucky I knew of an intersection on high ground to flee toward. Rubber bullets can be very dangerous, deadly in fact if they hit in the wrong spot. These are brave people.
Wow. I just can't imagine. No, I can. You have to know the area ahead. When I see these police shoving people to the ground and hurting them it's so horrible. And a deterrent. But I think these Australians will proceed.

Birdie

OP
P

Peatness

Interesting how yesterday's conspiracy theory is today's headline - let’s call it a linguistic turn

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals