Australia? Why so Psycho?

OP
P

Peatness

1632326054221.png

Herbie

This is the New South Wales police. I grew up in that state but they are following orders and who is placing the orders is who needs to be looked at. They have always been that way and is reminiscent of the convict times.

I later lived in a different state, South Australia. The police are very different and treat one with much more respect and humanity, that state has got no lockdowns currently and no drama. So we can’t paint all the police with the same brush.

I’ve said this before, captain Cook first landed in Sydney, New South Wales from England and that’s when they started the horrid colonialism and used the convicts from England to build that state.

The state of South Australia was later built by free settled people and not convicts so that state has different laws, different culture.

Australia has 8 states and territories and geographically is around size of Europe and also USA, each state has its own government and each of them is taking different approaches to the pandemic.

Queensland is the most right ring and Victoria the most left.

Birdie

This is the New South Wales police. I grew up in that state but they are following orders and who is placing the orders is who needs to be looked at. They have always been that way and is reminiscent of the convict times.

I later lived in a different state, South Australia. The police are very different and treat one with much more respect and humanity, that state has got no lockdowns currently and no drama. So we can’t paint all the police with the same brush.

I’ve said this before, captain Cook first landed in Sydney, New South Wales from England and that’s when they started the horrid colonialism and used the convicts from England to build that state.

The state of South Australia was later built by free settled people and not convicts so that state has different laws, different culture.

Australia has 8 states and territories and geographically is around size of Europe and also USA, each state has its own government and each of them is taking different approaches to the pandemic.

Queensland is the most right ring and Victoria the most left.
Thank you. Interesting and I didn't know that about New South Wales. When people were talking about the lockdowns, some were saying they were back to their jailer-convict beginnings. But, clearly, not all Australia has those beginnings.

Herbie

Money. How a lot of Germans fell into it. Join the Party or you can't get a job.

These police you see are low end ones.

I had an acquaintance who was a detective in Aus and he told me how much discretion he had in his power and it was a lot.

That is a weak excuse for a weak human.

OP
P

Peatness

That is a weak excuse for a weak human.
I feel this way about many people I know who are keeping their head done and ignoring the injustices. They refuse to even look at the data I send them. I've known some of these people for many years. I'm coming to terms with the fact that if the government decided to lock up the unvaxxed they wouldn't come to my aid.

Birdie

What are they firing? Live rounds? Rubber bullets? Pepper balls?
According to the article:

Thousands of heavily outfitted and well-armed jackboots -with armor plated MRAP vehicles in support- confronted the protest groups throughout the Melbourne metro area.

The police deployments forced the groups to assemble at Melbourne’s Shrine of Remembrance where a stand-off took place between the protestors and thousands of police units surrounding them.

Once they had the protestors surrounded, the police began tightening the perimeter, until they eventually opened fire with tear gas and rubber bullets.