Australia? Why so Psycho?

Peatful

Richiebogie

Hi @Peatful,

I think the protests have brought like minded people together.

They have encouraged people to learn their rights and learn how the law is supposed to operate.

All businesses with an ABN fall under federal law, not state law and certainly not state health officer directions!

As the cafe manager says, anti-discrimination laws means he is limited on which customers he chooses to serve and which customers he sends away.

The constitution says that the federal government can pay for medical services but it cannot force them on anyone. The states signed up to the constitution at federation and at each referendum. How then can the states ignore the constitution or force businesses to enforce medical conscription?

The federal privacy laws state that medical information is confidential between patient and doctor.

The vaccination certificates which Medicare creates are unlawful on both constitutional and privacy grounds.

People are being less compliant than they were in 2020! Let’s hope more people wake up to the scam in 2022!

Regina

I truly believe it will only be, can only be- through people like him that can heal our land and save my children.

Fvcking hero.
True that.

I despise the restaurants in Chicago that send cutesy emails wishing Happy New Year along with vaccination passport requirements.

Peatful

Hi @Peatful,

I think the protests have brought like minded people together.

They have encouraged people to learn their rights and learn how the law is supposed to operate.

All businesses with an ABN fall under federal law, not state law and certainly not state health officer directions!

As the cafe manager says, anti-discrimination laws means he is limited on which customers he chooses to serve and which customers he sends away.

The constitution says that the federal government can pay for medical services but it cannot force them on anyone. The states signed up to the constitution at federation and at each referendum. How then can the states ignore the constitution or force businesses to enforce medical conscription?

The federal privacy laws state that medical information is confidential between patient and doctor.

The vaccination certificates which Medicare creates are unlawful on both constitutional and privacy grounds.

People are being less compliant than they were in 2020! Let’s hope more people wake up to the scam in 2022!
Love to hear from an Aussie.

Im keeping an eye on you all.
How you respond really trail blazes the way.
So proud.

True that.

I despise the restaurants in Chicago that send cutesy emails wishing Happy New Year along with vaccination passport requirements.
Ugh.
May their business go under....

OP
P

Peatness

FIJDCnAUYAEZ_QQ

Dean

Here's something that could really bring things to a head in terms of the public debate and split given the celebrity/fame/sports component to it....

Tennis great Novak Djokovic is being turned away at the Australian border arriving to defend his Australian Open championship. The tournament gave him an exemption after he threatened to pull out. Apparently, it's created quite the backlash among the heavily vaxxed masses.

hei

@Dean only the anti-Novak side is being reported; the public debate will more likely be about punishing the dreaded anti-vaxxers again so that they don't get uppity like Novak Djokovic. Even to the extent that people brought the mandate into it they expressed it against him - "people had to get vaxxed to keep their jobs so he should have to as well!", rather than "the mandates are unfair and should be repealed".

Australia is beyond self-reflection at this point, so the best case scenario is this shows the rest of the world what a nasty and spiteful little place Australia has become. The government changes the rules almost by the minute and when someone the government doesn't like follows the rules to a different conclusion, the government just makes an arbitrary decision to overturn itself. This is real demagoguery and despotism, but after four years of hearing chronic screeching about it under Trump those are now old-fashioned words not relevant to a modern democracy like Australia.

@Herbie I don't have any figures but it's basically everywhere now though it's hard to know how many are formally requiring it. Basically every big employer requires it, smaller companies in less restrictive states might not. Work from home jobs dried up when the mandates took effect and even the remaining ones require people to attend the office sometimes which requires a vaccine. Common cop-out is that they're not requiring you to get a vaccine, just making sure you "comply with health orders"

Last edited:

hei

Now it's vaccine passports and house arrest for the unvaxxed in the NT so that the vaxxeds can spread covid among themselves. $5024 fine for going for a walk.
People who are not fully vaccinated can only leave home for three reasons: medical treatment including COVID testing or vaccination; for essential goods and services such as groceries; and to provide care to a vulnerable family member or person who cannot support themselves.

Unvaccinated people cannot travel more than 30 kilometres from their home when leaving for one of the three reasons, unless you are going to hospital.

Unlike previous lockdown rules, unvaccinated people will not be able to leave home to go to work or for exercise, Mr Gunner said.

Vaccine pass system from Monday​

A vaccine pass system will be introduced after the lockout is lifted.

Commissioner Chalker said authorities would be conducting audits of public places and venues which would require a vaccine pass upon entry today and over the weekend.

"The work that we will do over coming days with industry will certainly develop a pathway for them to be able to raise with us any levels of non-compliance that they're experiencing," he said.

He said unvaccinated people who attempted to enter a venue without a vaccine pass would be penalised, not business owners.

"There will not be an 'education first' approach for those people when the pass comes into play," Commissioner Chalker said.

"I accept it is your choice that you have chosen not to get the vaccination. However, that choice has to align with public expectation."
Mr Gunner said the vaccine pass was "not radical — other states have already brought it in".

He said Territorians would have to link their vaccination status to the Territory Check-In app, which would light up green when checking into venues.
Lol at can't go to work. Unvaxxed have been banned from working since November.

Richiebogie

@Herbie and @hei

I don’t think you can change someone’s work contract unless it is up for renegotiation.

As businesses fall under federal law, they cannot insist their workers undergo medical procedures...

.. at least they cannot insist lawfully!

Scott Morrison is on the record as saying Australia does not and will not mandate vaccinations. Workers should show this to their employers, along with the constitution, section 51, 23A.

If the employer goes on to sack you on the grounds that you refused to be vaccinated, then get this in writing.

Then you should sue for unlawful termination of work contract.

hei

@Richiebogie "businesses fall under federal law"
This is a red herring, they have to follow state law.

"they cannot insist their workers undergo medical procedures..."
Their response is that the government has prohibited the unvaccinated from attending work so I have chosen not to go to work by not complying with the mandate.

"Scott Morrison is on the record as saying Australia does not and will not mandate vaccinations"
Imagine a politician lying! :-o

Birdie

Herbie

Here's something that could really bring things to a head in terms of the public debate and split given the celebrity/fame/sports component to it....

Tennis great Novak Djokovic is being turned away at the Australian border arriving to defend his Australian Open championship. The tournament gave him an exemption after he threatened to pull out. Apparently, it's created quite the backlash among the heavily vaxxed masses.
The only people who care and gives them some drama to talk about are old women. So it won’t do anything. I used to drive taxis in Australia during the day and it’s a pretty common news story and talking point which lasts one day.
@Herbie and @hei

I don’t think you can change someone’s work contract unless it is up for renegotiation.

As businesses fall under federal law, they cannot insist their workers undergo medical procedures...

.. at least they cannot insist lawfully!

Scott Morrison is on the record as saying Australia does not and will not mandate vaccinations. Workers should show this to their employers, along with the constitution, section 51, 23A.

If the employer goes on to sack you on the grounds that you refused to be vaccinated, then get this in writing.

Then you should sue for unlawful termination of work contract.
Thank you, I was aware of this but am an Australian who is working overseas and may return and was thinking about how they can make contracts for new employees have vaccine mandate.

PolishSun

2 in 3 people are nuts, the real question is if they are nuts and dangerous, or just nuts (that is ok).