Australia COVID19 News Presenter

boris

I was disappointed in the reporters at the big press conference / announcement of extended lockdowns yesterday. Not one of them asked about the latest data showing that more people died last year from jan-July in nursing homes than this year. Not one asked why our lockdowns needed to be longer than Wuhan or Italy, and what the government has done with that time to get us out.

The reporters questions at those conferences baffle me. It's the same thing here.

Carrum

I thought we just did 7 weeks? We had 6 weeks earlier in the year and then a little bit of freedom and then another 6 week lockdown which was extended to make it 7 weeks and now the latest extension. I'm losing track and my marbles.

What gets me is that they never tell us of any examples from elsewhere in the world to demonstrate where they get their latest ideas from. There's no "We are doing it this way because it worked really well in [country]". They are just doing things stricter than everyone else as if that's the only option. The premier is fond of saying things like "We have no other choice".
They mandate that we must wear masks while we are outside in the fresh air when there are no studies that show outdoor transmission is a big problem. There's people walking their dogs in the middle of nature reserves while wearing masks. I'm not sure if it's for fear of being fined by the police who must be lurking behind bushes or that they really think that they could transmit the virus onto some other walker.

haidut

Forum Supporter
They acknowledge its only killing old people, but they say old people’s lives matter

Soooooo...why not quarantine only the old/vulnerable and let everybody else go about their business? This way, the economy is not completely destroyed and the quarantined people can be taken care off much more effectively by the people working and moving around. You know, bring food, water, medical supplies, talk to them through a window, etc. It makes absolutely no sense to discuss caring about vulnerable people and then lock up everybody.
What about the massive increase in suicides, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, chronic disease, deaths from CVD due to stress, etc? What about the massive unemployment rates unseen since WWII or even earlier? Why was there never a discussion about the pros and cons of a shutdown? It was a unilateral decision and any dissent or even questions about other options was at best censored and at words brutally suppressed. What about the evidence, which we discussed from the very beginning on this forum that lockdowns are likely to be an absolute failure?
The Health Cost Of Lockdowns- Death Tolls From Increased Suicide, Blood Shortages, And Other Effects
The Failed Experiment Of Covid Lockdowns

You say you are naive and believe the govt is acting in good faith, but what about the fact that going with the flow sacrifices MORE lives due to all the reasons I mentioned above and discussed in those threads? About 1 in 4 young adults in Western countries (especially in the US) are seriously considering suicide. Let me repeat that again - 25% of young adults in Western countries (mostly the US, but the numbers in other Western countries are not much better) are seriously considering ending their lives. Not fleetingly thinking about it in a fit of rage/depression but very calmly contemplating it on a regular basis. Do you realize what that portends, and how genocidal it is for any politicians to continue this charade for even a day longer, regardless of his/her intentions??
The Social Fabric of the U.S. Is Fraying Severely, if Not Unravelling

So, you still believe that this absolute collapse of life as we know it was done simply to protect the old?? The measures failed miserably even at that and piled unspeakable hardships upon everybody, vulnerable or not. Somehow I don't believe dumb alone can explain it. And even if it does, if we are ruled by cellular aggregations that dumb then it is no surprise civilization is collapsing.

Scenes

I thought we just did 7 weeks? We had 6 weeks earlier in the year and then a little bit of freedom and then another 6 week lockdown which was extended to make it 7 weeks and now the latest extension. I'm losing track and my marbles.

What gets me is that they never tell us of any examples from elsewhere in the world to demonstrate where they get their latest ideas from. There's no "We are doing it this way because it worked really well in [country]". They are just doing things stricter than everyone else as if that's the only option. The premier is fond of saying things like "We have no other choice".
They mandate that we must wear masks while we are outside in the fresh air when there are no studies that show outdoor transmission is a big problem. There's people walking their dogs in the middle of nature reserves while wearing masks. I'm not sure if it's for fear of being fined by the police who must be lurking behind bushes or that they really think that they could transmit the virus onto some other walker.
Also not a single mention of deaths in this plan to get us out of lockdown. It was all about case numbers. We just need to stop getting tested and we’ll be out this. Watch the huge push for testing over the next couple of weeks.

Scenes

Soooooo...why not quarantine only the old/vulnerable and let everybody else go about their business? This way, the economy is not completely destroyed and the quarantined people can be taken care off much more effectively by the people working and moving around. You know, bring food, water, medical supplies, talk to them through a window, etc. It makes absolutely no sense to discuss caring about vulnerable people and then lock up everybody.
What about the massive increase in suicides, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, chronic disease, deaths from CVD due to stress, etc? What about the massive unemployment rates unseen since WWII or even earlier? Why was there never a discussion about the pros and cons of a shutdown? It was a unilateral decision and any dissent or even questions about other options was at best censored and at words brutally suppressed. What about the evidence, which we discussed from the very beginning on this forum that lockdowns are likely to be an absolute failure?
The Health Cost Of Lockdowns- Death Tolls From Increased Suicide, Blood Shortages, And Other Effects
The Failed Experiment Of Covid Lockdowns

You say you are naive and believe the govt is acting in good faith, but what about the fact that going with the flow sacrifices MORE lives due to all the reasons I mentioned above and discussed in those threads? About 1 in 4 young adults in Western countries (especially in the US) are seriously considering suicide. Let me repeat that again - 25% of young adults in Western countries (mostly the US, but the numbers in other Western countries are not much better) are seriously considering ending their lives. Not fleetingly thinking about it in a fit of rage/depression but very calmly contemplating it on a regular basis. Do you realize what that portends, and how genocidal it is for any politicians to continue this charade for even a day longer, regardless of his/her intentions??
The Social Fabric of the U.S. Is Fraying Severely, if Not Unravelling

So, you still believe that this absolute collapse of life as we know it was done simply to protect the old?? The measures failed miserably even at that and piled unspeakable hardships upon everybody, vulnerable or not. Somehow I don't believe dumb alone can explain it. And even if it does, if we are ruled by cellular aggregations that dumb then it is no surprise civilization is collapsing.
Preaching to the choir with me. I can see clearly it’s an absolute farce. However, one of my good mates is in politics and works for the government that is currently in power. He’s not corrupt, but he definitely believes they’re saving lives. I really think they all just believe they are saving lives in Vic. The polls show most people agree with the decisions they are making to keep us ‘safe’.

I’ve questioned him before, he’s an intelligent dude, but he argues we’re not experts so all we can do is listen to the experts. Every agency in Aus is lined up working on vaccines or doing projections of cases that support the lockdowns. We seem to all be living down here under the false premise that the virus is super deadly and if we don’t lockdown we’ll kill thousands like Italy or New York.

I’ve said before on this forum, I can’t seem to convince anyone I know otherwise.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’ve said before on this forum, I can’t seem to convince anyone I know otherwise.

That I believe, but what about even bringing up things like partial quarantine would be better for both the quarantined and the remaining part of society. Economy will be (mostly) intact, the sick will be better taken care of, etc. You don't need to be an expert to see that the economy is collapsing and locking up everybody is a failure, people are committing suicide, becoming unemployed, etc. Btw, the decision to do a lockdown was a political one and in most cases was NOT driven by medical recommendations. So, if we are considered "experts" enough to participate in politics, vote, evaluate politicians, etc then we should be able to reason on political decisions like the lockdown. Or are you saying your friend will defer to "experts" even for non-medical things like that? Who are the "experts" then when it comes to political decisions? And why are those decisions not debated with pros/cons as usual, even when it comes to serious life/death matters like war?

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Does anyone know what the story is in South Korea? Our gov just said they’re following a South Korean model. @Drareg @tankasnowgod

Tracking, contact tracing.
This was hyped in the MSM as working well for South Korea at the start, since then it is proven to be very difficult as cases rise again.
They will also use the infected persons mobile phone pings and find anyone else in that location and contact them.
They also quarantined the infected in government camps.

The koreans have also been protesting lockdowns in their thousands.

Taiwan uses the best PCR test technique, the PCR coronavirus tests must have an identical stretch of RNA sequence to covid19 or they consider it regular coronavirus, I think.
The reason Taiwan can do this type of test is because of their semi conductor industry, right now it is vital to the semi conductor supply chain worldwide, it can’t be shut down, these semiconductors will run the desired technocracy, isn’t it strange that other "advanced" countries can’t use this testing technique, it eliminates much more false positives. Basically if the area you live in has a high density of semiconductor fabrication facilities you won’t be locked down, it could be a deadly plague and Taiwan won’t get locked down.

New Covid-19 Outbreaks Test South Korea’s Strategy

"People wore masks daily. Few complained when the government aggressively used surveillance-camera footage, smartphone location data and credit card purchase records to help trace coronavirus patients and establish transmission chains. South Koreans also gave Mr. Moon’s governing Democratic Party a landslide victory in parliamentary elections in April".

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Yeah you may both be right @boris and I may be too naive. I don’t trust them, I just feel like they’re more dumb than evil. They acknowledge its only killing old people, but they say old people’s lives matter.

I was disappointed in the reporters at the big press conference / announcement of extended lockdowns yesterday. Not one of them asked about the latest data showing that more people died last year from jan-July in nursing homes than this year. Not one asked why our lockdowns needed to be longer than Wuhan or Italy, and what the government has done with that time to get us out.

The underlying premise of the entire press conference was that we have to beat the virus and we can’t risk opening up or it will spread and we’ll have a 3rd wave. All the questions were about details regarding decisions based on that premise.

There are plenty of victorians who believe it’s all a scam, and that the premier has to go or our prime minister has to step in and do something. Nothing will be done. We’ve done 6 weeks of curfews and not being allowed to move outside of 5km of our homes, and now it’s another 6 weeks.

The same media issues are present in Europe, they are basically PR, an amplifier for the authorities.
The funding of many media outlets are dependent on wealthy donors, even state broadcasters are suffering and need more money from government, they are not independent therefore impartiality is a no go, you may get token counter pieces from time to time.

They couldn’t care less about the elderly in previous flu seasons.

They talk about a vaccine being needed , they never talk about a PCR test that accurately detects sars-cov-2, instead we have a test that also picks up common cold coronaviruses to justify lockdowns and authoritarianism. The MSM attempted to fact check this reality and as usual it appears they are pumping propaganda.
The PCR test is the weak point people need to focus on, most people don’t understand, learning to explain it simply will get people to listen.

Regina

That I believe, but what about even bringing up things like partial quarantine would be better for both the quarantined and the remaining part of society. Economy will be (mostly) intact, the sick will be better taken care of, etc. You don't need to be an expert to see that the economy is collapsing and locking up everybody is a failure, people are committing suicide, becoming unemployed, etc. Btw, the decision to do a lockdown was a political one and in most cases was NOT driven by medical recommendations. So, if we are considered "experts" enough to participate in politics, vote, evaluate politicians, etc then we should be able to reason on political decisions like the lockdown. Or are you saying your friend will defer to "experts" even for non-medical things like that? Who are the "experts" then when it comes to political decisions? And why are those decisions not debated with pros/cons as usual, even when it comes to serious life/death matters like war?
"Experts." I see the Atlantic Council has replaced the word "team" with "Experts."
Meet our experts - Atlantic Council
That way only things that align with the "Experts" agenda is allowed to be uttered or even thought.
I'm sure that will be a trend among all the cabal agencies.
The peons may not have any inner guidance system.

Scenes

Not sure if anyone has seen this re New Zealand’s current state. They were testing all the way up till August only people with symptoms, and very low cases were found. Now they’ve had an outbreak and it appears the virus is out of control.

However, in August, all these testing stations starting popping up and the government instructed them to use PCR testing and force testing on non-symptomatic people. Cases explode...

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Not sure if anyone has seen this re New Zealand’s current state. They were testing all the way up till August only people with symptoms, and very low cases were found. Now they’ve had an outbreak and it appears the virus is out of control.

However, in August, all these testing stations starting popping up and the government instructed them to use PCR testing and force testing on non-symptomatic people. Cases explode...

No this won’t make news in Europe because they were busy cheerleading comrade jacinda aherne for her "authoritative" control of covid19, elimination of it we were told was the only way, like New Zealand, shut it down completely they said and yet here we are, it’s an island and still can’t control it.

Anyone with a semblance of critical thinking left could see elimination of a virus is not possible with lockdowns yet all the "experts" with big pharma connections were and are still pumping lockdowns, COVID19 is a financial shake down, a tax payer funded piñata.

Why did they not have this testing months ago? It’s a scam to induce a dissonance in the covid cult, the cult members were told via the media lockdowns reduce our cases so they will ask to be locked down again because they believe it works, whenever the ruling class need a lockdown going forward they will just roll out the flawed PCR test, it’s Pavlovian conditioning going on, the mental anchors are in place for now. Keep your eye on the death rate specifically who dies without comorbidity the rest is fraud and propaganda.

Scenes

@Drareg @tankasnowgod @boris
The story is developing down here in Vic. News outlets (some) are hammering the Premiers for their mismanagement and over the top response.

In Vic, they hide behind the ‘following expert medical advice’ for all their curfews and lockdown restrictions, but the chief health officer and the police commissioner have both come out and said they did not recommend the curfews, so the Premier clearly has other secret advisors or he just decided on his own. He is standing by it for now as a necessary measure, but public pressure is FINALLY growing.

Up in Queensland, a girl was denied being able to cross the border to attend her dad’s funeral. The premier says it’s not her decision, and the chief health official stands by the decision. Heaps of professional footy players and celebrities have been crossing regularly, and the chief health official there says it’s because they generate a lot of revenue for the state.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

@Drareg @tankasnowgod @boris
The story is developing down here in Vic. News outlets (some) are hammering the Premiers for their mismanagement and over the top response.

In Vic, they hide behind the ‘following expert medical advice’ for all their curfews and lockdown restrictions, but the chief health officer and the police commissioner have both come out and said they did not recommend the curfews, so the Premier clearly has other secret advisors or he just decided on his own. He is standing by it for now as a necessary measure, but public pressure is FINALLY growing.

Up in Queensland, a girl was denied being able to cross the border to attend her dad’s funeral. The premier says it’s not her decision, and the chief health official stands by the decision. Heaps of professional footy players and celebrities have been crossing regularly, and the chief health official there says it’s because they generate a lot of revenue for the state.

Pretty much the same spiel in Europe , the health advisors claim they offer recommendations and it’s up to government to act, Professor pants down Neil Ferguson in the Uk claimed the same thing back at the start of covid19, he didn’t recommend lockdowns I think , last week he is in radio after crawling out of his lockdown breaking sex den and saying we may need another lockdown if there is a second wave.
Australia is like a replay of Europe a few months ago, soon you will have politicians breaking covid restrictions for personal things, this has been going on in Europe for a while now and the US with the likes of Nancy the talking stroke pelosi getting her hair done last week.

It’s social engineering, like I said it’s Pavlovian conditioning for lockdowns, use the dodgy PCR test when you want a lockdown in a specific area, lower testing slightly once lockdowns enacted ,this lowers positive results, repeat accordingly until the public cry hysterically for lockdowns when there is a case rise, keep in mind most countries are giving out pandemic payments ,UBI essentially so this adds to the conditioning, salivate when case rises and receive your treat for staying at home.

To stop this torment we will need a digital immunity passport, it’s possible the conditioning is for this, it seems the digital passport is the initial seed for the fourth industrial revolution.

There is no science with the chief health officers in any country, this isn’t based on science anymore and it isn’t about our health.

P

Peatness

Insanity prevails

Dr. Kerry Chant said. “So even if you run into your next-door neighbor in the shopping center … don’t start up a conversation,” Chant continued. “Now is the time for minimizing your interactions with others. Even if you’ve got a mask, do not think that affords total protection. We want to be absolutely sure that as we go about our daily lives we do not come into contact with anyone else that would pose a risk.”

Carrum

Insanity prevails

Dr. Kerry Chant said. “So even if you run into your next-door neighbor in the shopping center … don’t start up a conversation,” Chant continued. “Now is the time for minimizing your interactions with others. Even if you’ve got a mask, do not think that affords total protection. We want to be absolutely sure that as we go about our daily lives we do not come into contact with anyone else that would pose a risk.”

This is the same health officer that got something in her eye while speaking to the press and then proceeded to try to get the offending item out of her eye by using her mask to wipe it away and then was given a tissue that the health minister had fumbled in his pocket for and then held it in both hands before handing it to her and her sticking it in her eye.
Why is anybody taking advice from these people?

Scenes

They‘re incredibly stupid. I don’t know how anyone can watch them on the news and expect anything intelligent to be said. Just by looking at them you can tell they’re not the brightest sparks. And yet...we are at their mercy.

P

Peatness

They‘re incredibly stupid. I don’t know how anyone can watch them on the news and expect anything intelligent to be said. Just by looking at them you can tell they’re not the brightest sparks. And yet...we are at their mercy.
Brightness it not an issue for these people, they are truly evil to make such suggestions.
Why is anybody taking advice from these people?
I am at the stage where I am willing to believe some sort of ‘magic’ is being used to hypnotise people.

Scenes

Brightness it not an issue for these people, they are truly evil to make such suggestions.

I am at the stage where I am willing to believe some sort of ‘magic’ is being used to hypnotise people.
I don’t agree. I think they‘re totally sold out on the narrative that this virus will kill everybody if we don’t stop it.

And the bumbling they fall in to over specifics like supermarket chit-chat or not touching a football because it might have virus on it are far more idiotic than evil.

They remind me of that weird teacher we all had in school that everyone knew was no good.

P

Peatness