“Augie” the 20 year old golden retriever

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I love seeing this. My ridgeback/pit mix is going on 14. Has had great health his entire life. Last year he had to have his spleen removed and was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma and we were told he probably has 2-4 weeks to live. That was four months ago and all I see when I look at him is a happy, hungry, and energetic dog. We feed him raw liver, heart, and kidney with coconut oil, gelatin and shilajit. He is still spry enough to catch some rabbits in the backyard. I hope to have him around for a few more years.
Look at him now vets he’s catching rabbits! Down here in Florida it’s more like possums, lizards, squirrels, iguanas and snakes. Im glad he’s doing so well and I hope he has many more birthdays to come :)

OP
Alex Jaramillo
My golden Barker did this too! He loved everyone and everyone loved him. Even our cat loved, who liked no one generally.

We called him Barker not because he barked but because he ate all the bark ground cover in our backyard. He was a little bit of a moron at times. Sometimes I’d catch him eating rocks too. ?
Sounds 100% like mine except my bud loved butt rubs, belly rubs and playing dead ?

Mito

I had a wholistic veterinarian tell me once that the reason Goldens are so prone to cancer is because the breeders were over-selecting for that “ niceness” trait. Somehow there a connection supposedly.
?