Atherosclerosis In 16th-Century Greenlandic Inuit Mummies

Mito

Introduction
Arterial calcification has been found in 34 of 137 mummified remains from 3 continents across wide variations in lifestyle and heritage, including in hunter-gatherer populations.1,2 None of these individuals consumed a primarily marine-based diet rich in ω-3 fatty acids. Fifty years ago, Danish researchers3 hypothesized that high intake of marine animals rich in fish oil containing ω-3 fatty acids protected native Greenlandic Inuit peoples from atherosclerosis. Davis and colleagues4 found fish oil reduced the atherosclerosis induced in rhesus monkeys exposed to a high-cholesterol atherogenic diet. In 2019,5 interest persists in the actions of ω-3 fatty acids in their natural and highly purified forms. To better understand the early history of human atherosclerosis, we performed a case series study of Inuit hunter-gatherer people living 500 years ago who consumed a marine-based diet.

Atherosclerosis in 16th-Century Greenlandic Inuit Mummies

lilsticky

im pretty sure i have some atherosclerosis. if i address it with a doctor they will treat me like an ***hole and say there's nothing wrong with me. should i use O-3 from fish or flax seed oil?

JKX

im pretty sure i have some atherosclerosis. if i address it with a doctor they will treat me like an ***hole and say there's nothing wrong with me. should i use O-3 from fish or flax seed oil?
I would click in the link and read the study. Then stay away from the omega 3s. Try fat solubles and magnesium.

CLASH

The introduction is written in a very interesting way considering the results of the study lol.

Ras

Dr. Nathan Pritikin's autopsy letter stated, "...there was a near absence of atherosclerosis (only some fatty streaks), and the heart's pumping function was completely uncompromised."

Per JAMA, "The Pritikin diet consists of less than 10% fat, 10% to 15% protein, and 75% to 80% mainly complex carbohydrates, along with less than 25 mg per day (regression diet) or less than 100 mg per day (maintenance diet) of cholesterol."

Available, sound data suggests that a diet constituted by complex carbohydrates and resistant starches, lean protein, fruits, and vegetables would prevent and reverse atherosclerosis. The diet of most tribal peoples that present at death without atherosclerosis abound in starches and vegetables, along with some flesh.

Also, regular, extended water fasting shows itself effective in solving many bodily ills. The human body seems to display four distinct kinds of operation according to its dietary intake: abundance, adequance, deficience, and absence. There is a clear distinction between eating too little, and eating nothing, with the latter being healthful for a time, and the former, deleterious always.

yerrag

It's hard to make meaningful conclusions. Arteriosclerosis is not only affected by dietary inputs, but also by the effect of bacteria in the blood vessels. Plaques can form from the interaction between antigens, in the form of bacteria, and the immune system, such as antibodies.

lilsticky

It's hard to make meaningful conclusions. Arteriosclerosis is not only affected by dietary inputs, but also by the effect of bacteria in the blood vessels. Plaques can form from the interaction between antigens, in the form of bacteria, and the immune system, such as antibodies.

is iNOS an anti-biotic for blood vessels?

Last edited:

yerrag

is iNOS an anti-biotic for blood vessels?

No, it isn't exactly an antibiotic but it's related to the body's immune system. During phagocytosis, where macrophages suround an antigen, which can be bacterial in nature, nitric oxide is used to make nitrogen-based free radicals that kill the bacteria. iNOS is involved in making the nitric oxide available for use in phagocytosis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals