At What Point Does Maintain Strong Boundaries Become Being Too Sensitive; Estrogen

YourUniverse

Having strong boundaries is critical to health, and having healthy anger responses when they are trespassed upon is definitely linked to longevity.

With that said, at what point does maintain strong boundaries turn into just being hyper sensitive? Is estrogen involved here?

Estrogen as we know is the hormone of shock, and linked to aggression, combat, and what Danny Roddy and others have described as making others "walk on eggshells", being hyper-sensitive and responsive. So when estrogen is low, the response tends to be the opposite - relaxed, and things roll of one's back.

But, at the same time, that aggression and combativeness can be seen as healthy if boundaries are impeded upon.

I feel as though low estrogen (and high androgens) makes someone have a better sense of humour, able to roll with the punches without getting defensive, but at the same time I wonder if that response is unhealthy, as boundaries are not maintained.

I'd love input here.

Maybe the high androgens/low estrogen person feels strong enough not to need certain rigidly defined boundaries? Or maybe I'm wrong altogether.

Basically, is a very defensive/sensitive person strong because they rigidly maintain boundaries, or are they weak because they believe little things to be trespasses that others don't?

Thanks for reading

benaoao

Low estrogen as in, middle of the range, right? Because the bottom third of the range isn’t any better than high estrogens. I’ve never had more than 12% fat on the few dxa scans that I’ve done and low estrogen means zero empathy, very irritable, potentially depressed because of the absence of feelings, also not the best sex drive energy strength... you start getting those below 20 pg/ml. And the lab range goes all the way down to 7... ridiculous.

The optimal amount of a hormone that is naturally occurring in the human body isn’t “low”. Same goes for PUFAs, Cortisol, prolactin, serotonin,rT3,NO...

TreasureVibe

Perhaps mental reactions to something in a conversation or any type of situation, makes the body modulate estrogen to its liking for the proper response.

cyclops

Having strong boundaries is critical to health, and having healthy anger responses when they are trespassed upon is definitely linked to longevity.

With that said, at what point does maintain strong boundaries turn into just being hyper sensitive? Is estrogen involved here?

Estrogen as we know is the hormone of shock, and linked to aggression, combat, and what Danny Roddy and others have described as making others "walk on eggshells", being hyper-sensitive and responsive. So when estrogen is low, the response tends to be the opposite - relaxed, and things roll of one's back.

But, at the same time, that aggression and combativeness can be seen as healthy if boundaries are impeded upon.

I feel as though low estrogen (and high androgens) makes someone have a better sense of humour, able to roll with the punches without getting defensive, but at the same time I wonder if that response is unhealthy, as boundaries are not maintained.

I'd love input here.

Maybe the high androgens/low estrogen person feels strong enough not to need certain rigidly defined boundaries? Or maybe I'm wrong altogether.

Basically, is a very defensive/sensitive person strong because they rigidly maintain boundaries, or are they weak because they believe little things to be trespasses that others don't?

Thanks for reading

Do you have any personal experience with this? Do you feel less of a need for boundaries when your estrogen is lower?

OP
Y

YourUniverse

Do you have any personal experience with this? Do you feel less of a need for boundaries when your estrogen is lower?
Yes. I find I'm way more easy going, gregarious and less sensitive when Im on a regimen of vitamin E and aspirin, as well as other Peaty things.

I do, though, laugh some things off that others with more rigidly defended boundaries may get angry at. Which way is healthier?

Spartan300

The description of estrogenic in your original post describes where I'm at currently.

I know what I'd prefer. I find this state very stressful and it is definitely affecting my ability to relax & sleep. I could do with being able to indifferent to stuff that's really screwing me up at the moment as well as being able to laugh more and roll with the punches.

cyclops

Yes. I find I'm way more easy going, gregarious and less sensitive when Im on a regimen of vitamin E and aspirin, as well as other Peaty things.

I do, though, laugh some things off that others with more rigidly defended boundaries may get angry at. Which way is healthier?

I'd say being easygoing is better unless it's a real threat. Because you're not getting yourself upset and stressed.

Moolie

Boundaries are as individual as the person who has them. We do need to make sure that ours are clear (when necessary) because we can't expect others to guess what they are. When we state a boundary, we are asking others to respect it while we respect theirs in turn. If the other cannot, or will not, respect our boundaries then we need to have some reasonable consequences, and state those too.
If someone else is saying we are 'being too sensitive' (hypersensitive) about a boundary, then they probably benefit(ted) from us not having that boundary in place. They are also likely to be being dismissive - our feelings are our feelings, they shouldn't be dismissed with such phrases. However, if the question over hypersensitivity is coming from ourselves, we can always reflect on whether our reaction was out of proportion at some point. Then we can make any necessary adjustments to the boundary for the future. :):

OP
Y

YourUniverse

Boundaries are as individual as the person who has them. We do need to make sure that ours are clear (when necessary) because we can't expect others to guess what they are. When we state a boundary, we are asking others to respect it while we respect theirs in turn. If the other cannot, or will not, respect our boundaries then we need to have some reasonable consequences, and state those too.
If someone else is saying we are 'being too sensitive' (hypersensitive) about a boundary, then they probably benefit(ted) from us not having that boundary in place. They are also likely to be being dismissive - our feelings are our feelings, they shouldn't be dismissed with such phrases. However, if the question over hypersensitivity is coming from ourselves, we can always reflect on whether our reaction was out of proportion at some point. Then we can make any necessary adjustments to the boundary for the future. :):
Thank you for this wisdom :)

Lolinaa

What do you think make certain people state more easily their needs and boundaries and some feel frustrated?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals