Astaxanthin - Good Or Bad

freal

I asked Ray Peat about it and he says it could be safe, only that it could interfere with steroid and thyroid metabolism.

It is an extremely powerfull antioxidant. I remember when I was taking it for 4 month I never got sore muscles after sprinting. Very very strong. More so than 100-200 mg aspirin. But I stopped because the company that sold cheap astaxanthin here ceased to exist. I would have to order from US which I never did after that.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

but as it prevents sunburn, it must interact with PUFAs in someway ?

freal

uuy8778yyi said:

All of the antioxidant intereact with PUFAs (easily oxidized), the term anti oxidation is pretty obvious?

Pretty much anything that slows slows down oxidation will slow down inflammation (sun damage to the skin).

But astaxanthin is a very smelly disgusting stuff that stains anything it comes into contact, so it probably could be allergenic. Not very intestine friendly. I have bitten a capsule once and it trully is disgusting and the color of your tongue doesnt go away for days.

pboy

freal said:
uuy8778yyi said:

All of the antioxidant intereact with PUFAs (easily oxidized), the term anti oxidation is pretty obvious?

Pretty much anything that slows slows down oxidation will slow down inflammation (sun damage to the skin).

But astaxanthin is a very smelly disgusting stuff that stains anything it comes into contact, so it probably could be allergenic. Not very intestine friendly. I have bitten a capsule once and it trully is disgusting and the color of your tongue doesnt go away for days.

that being said...I haven't tried it or used it tho I did have that marine phytoplankton a long time ago...didn't do anything ntociable, but what you just said about it above alone would be a huge red flag to me and definitely down the line you'd find that it was negative to take

nothing positive for you would taste smell or exude a hellish vibe

garlic to me is like beyond bad, its evil..its one of the most horrible substances that exists, and should be kept underground where it belongs. Its the only thing that can penetrate skin clothing and get into saliva, breath, all over..just by beign around it..not even breathing it in or touching it or anything. That's like super ******* bad, and to me...its yea, something to be banished. If you knew where I was coming from you'd understand...how the energies rise and operate in the body. In Vedic literature they say garlic and that family of plants came out of a drop of demons or something that fell to the earth..lol, but its totally true. In Buddhist and other temples and areas, not only can they not eat form that family of plants, but anyone trying to enter their premise that has eaten it is considered like a super offense and not let in. I just say all this to say...anything that is foul, is unaaceptable and not healthy and even estrogenic and irritating to everyone around you, incredibly rude and actually divisive in nature. If someone smells very bad, it means others don't want to get to close to them or interact. Small divisive things like that lead to larger problems over time. You'd be surprised how simple things like that have a profound effect when the whole society uses them. Astaxanthine probably isn't nearly as bad as garlic, but how will your confidence be when you smell bad and have a nasty taste in your mouth? the ladies probably know what I mean even more. But anyways, eat your fish oil!