1654953425151.png

David PS

P

Peatness

Peatful

David PS

Peachy

I didn’t know Julian Assange had kids.

“Our children — Gabriel, who is five, and Max, three — only have memories of their father within the brutal surroundings of Belmarsh prison.

We don't know how long our children have left with their father. We don't know if we can visit him or even talk to him on the phone.

Last week, Gabriel slipped some daisies he had picked by the prison walls into his pocket to give to his father. After he passed through the metal detector his daisies were confiscated during the pat-down search by one of the guards, albeit reluctantly.

During visits, our family is allowed to embrace at the beginning and end. We can hold each others’ hands across the table. Julian and I are not allowed to kiss. But Julian would rather kiss his wife and be penalised than have that taken away from him too. So, we kiss.”

David PS

Birdie

I didn’t know Julian Assange had kids.

“Our children — Gabriel, who is five, and Max, three — only have memories of their father within the brutal surroundings of Belmarsh prison.

We don't know how long our children have left with their father. We don't know if we can visit him or even talk to him on the phone.

Last week, Gabriel slipped some daisies he had picked by the prison walls into his pocket to give to his father. After he passed through the metal detector his daisies were confiscated during the pat-down search by one of the guards, albeit reluctantly.

During visits, our family is allowed to embrace at the beginning and end. We can hold each others’ hands across the table. Julian and I are not allowed to kiss. But Julian would rather kiss his wife and be penalised than have that taken away from him too. So, we kiss.”

And I read he has children or a child from his first marriage...

David PS

Peachy

This thread is packed with info on Bill Gates anti-meat/climate change agenda

“Gates now owns over a quarter million acres of U.S. farmland across 19 states. One of his potato farms is so large it can be seen from space.

In the words of Bill Gates, ‘All rich countries should move to 100% synthetic beef.’ It’s so important, he says, that government coercion could be necessary to change attitudes.

‘You can sort of change the behavior of people or use regulation to totally shift demand.’”

View: https://twitter.com/cabot_phillips/status/1536781407724396544?s=21

OP
Z

Zsazsa

Original title later changed (preserved by the Wayback Machine)

Who Will Invade Brazil to Save the Amazon?​

It's only a matter of time until major powers try to stop climate change by any means necessary.​

BY STEPHEN M. WALT | AUGUST 5, 2019, 5:31 PM

Who Will Save the Amazon (and How)?​

It's only a matter of time until major powers try to stop climate change by any means necessary.​

Stephen M. Walt
By Stephen M. Walt, a columnist at Foreign Policy and the Robert and Renée Belfer professor of international relations at Harvard University.
FP subscribers can now receive alerts when new stories written by this author are published

David PS

Back
Top Bottom