Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]SarahBeara[/ref], :welcome

Thank you for sharing.

:hattip

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome SarahBeara!

I liked this sentence: Low resting heart rate (RHR) has been viewed either as an indicator of a chronically low level of psychological arousal, which may lead some people to seek stimulating experiences, or as a marker of weakened responses to aversive and stressful stimuli, which can lead to fearless behavior and risk taking.

Thanks for the interesting link!

Kasper

I have also seen studies (IIRC) that increased violent criminality was associated to low cortisol levels.
That could also explain the low resting heart rate.

OP
SarahBeara

SarahBeara

Such_Saturation said:

That is a paradox I've thought about. High resting heart rate can be as a result of arterial stiffness in an older population. The other study was in young men.

Kinda like the way that borderline high cholesterol can be good - plenty of substrate for hormones or bad - indicative of poor thyroid function.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hugh Johnson

Kasper said:
post 99019 I have also seen studies (IIRC) that increased violent criminality was associated to low cortisol levels.
That could also explain the low resting heart rate.
A lot has been made about the reduction in crime in recent decades. Maybe it's just stress making people too helpless for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lead_Crime_325.gif

Rafe

Almost related news item: AP posted a story today about a Connecticut family suing Children's Hospital in Boston for distress resulting from a medical diagnosis that then caused the state of Massachusetts to take custody of their 17 year old daughter.

This: The daughter was diagnosed with a [genetic] mitochondrial disorder affecting cellular respiration. The family sought a second opinion. Second opinion? Psychiatric illness.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GIRL_MEDICAL_DISPUTE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-02-25-15-40-03

Thanks for being you, RPF.