Aspirin’s benefits never last for me...why?

stsfut

I have now cycled aspirin 3 times within the last few years...I’ll start taking it daily and get this great mental clarity, lowered inflammation, feeling of improved IR...then after a few months of taking it daily it sort of wears off and I start getting a low corrisol feeling and just feeling like a zombie overall. Is it just because overtime I’m getting more and more into that glucose oxidation stage only? This current ‘cycle’ I am even taking the recommended daily gelatin, 1g of Vit K daily etc, but I’m about to give it up because its making me feel so tired.

akgrrrl

Pure aspirin goes downhill pretty fast in the cupboard...WHICH aspirin? Is yours blended with caffeine to enhance deliverability?
Buffers? Coatings?
Anything that makes you go hmmmm?

grithin

How much aspirin and how frequently (single daily dose?)?

lampofred

I think aspirin depletes other nutrients found in butter, liver, and eggs, not just vitamin K, especially vitamin A.

OP
S

stsfut

I have bee. taking the full 325mg dose each morning...single dose...sometimes in alka seltzer sometimes disolved in ghot water (gericare brand)

I have not tried MB before

equipoise

Aspirin also depletes glycine. It also reliable nukes cortisol and that could make you tired. I feel aspirin is most effective around 500-600mg range twice a week

OP
S

stsfut

Aspirin also depletes glycine. It also reliable nukes cortisol and that could make you tired. I feel aspirin is most effective around 500-600mg range twice a week
I think that you hit it on the head. It just nukes cortisol too much over time. I stopped taking it a few days ago and suddenly I’m much more regular and feel more awake in the morning. I’m just going to start using on. occasion.

grithin

I think that you hit it on the head. It just nukes cortisol too much over time. I stopped taking it a few days ago and suddenly I’m much more regular and feel more awake in the morning. I’m just going to start using on. occasion.

That's fairly odd that it takes a few days to recover since aspirin, at a 325mg dose, should be cleared from the body well within a day.

dukesbobby777

That's fairly odd that it takes a few days to recover since aspirin, at a 325mg dose, should be cleared from the body well within a day.

According to whatever study is quoted on Wikipedia, doses of over 100mg have a half-life of 15-30 hours. So it doesn't sound like it gets cleared within a day. And that rings true for me personally, where, back in the day, I would take a 325mg tablet first thing in the morning, and due to whatever reasons, I would then have raging insomnia in the night (with, what I definitely felt to be, stimulating effects). Whether that was its effects on dopamine, or just its metabolic effects, it showed me (anyway) that there was still aspirin in my system, come night time (some 15 hrs later). Nowadays, aspirin has completely different effects on me, however. I take it now, very sporadically, because it completely punches out adrenalin (which I will get from time to time).