Aspirin

jnhermann

I have Hashimotos. My TSH is around 35!! Obviously i have a ton of inflammation going on. Im still waiting for my cynoplus to arrive. Ive been taking 1 325mg aspirin per day for the last 10 days. But how much would be good to take? I drink (steamed) kale juice for vitamin k. Im eating a 100 percent peat diet..and taking 100mg of pregnenolone.

Any suggestions? Peatarian? Anyone? Thanks!

Jeff

Jenn

Up it to 2/day and check for bruising.

Attachments

• DSCN0297.JPG
    DSCN0297.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 62
OP
J

jnhermann

Isadora: Yes, thanks for asking. I've been taking Cynoplus for a few weeks. I'm up to 1 tablet a day, taking 1/8th of a tablet throughout the day and night. So that's 30mcgs of T3 and 120 mcg of T4 per day.

I haven't been taking my temps or pulse yet. So far I'm not sure that I feel any difference from taking the Thyroid. Is it ever recommended to take much more thyroid than a full tablet of Cynoplus?

I'm taking 3 aspirin a day, along with 100 mg of pregnenolone. I'm also taking magnesium, selenium, Vitamin E and Vitamin A.

For me the major symptom I have is depression and that has not lifted yet. I thought I would get immediate relief from the thyroid, but not so far. I'm a little discouraged by that.

Also, I started taking Low Dose Naltrexone which is supposedly pretty miraculous for any auto immune diseases, including Hashimotos. I'm only taking 1.5 mgs a day right now. Supposedly it's best to raise it 1.5 mgs once every 30 days until one gets to 4.5 mgs a day. Ive only been taking it for 2 weeks so it's still too early for that.

Have you looked into LDN, Isadora?

Isadora

jnhermann said:
Isadora: Yes, thanks for asking. I've been taking Cynoplus for a few weeks. I'm up to 1 tablet a day, taking 1/8th of a tablet throughout the day and night. So that's 30mcgs of T3 and 120 mcg of T4 per day.

Wow, you don't waste any time! Good for you! I guess this also means that the farmaciadelnino delivered and they are OK to use?

jnhermann said:
I haven't been taking my temps or pulse yet. So far I'm not sure that I feel any difference from taking the Thyroid. Is it ever recommended to take much more thyroid than a full tablet of Cynoplus?
I would not do more if I were you, especially that you are taking LDN, too.

jnhermann said:
I'm taking 3 aspirin a day, along with 100 mg of pregnenolone. I'm also taking magnesium, selenium, Vitamin E and Vitamin A.
No zinc? I thought it was important...

jnhermann said:
For me the major symptom I have is depression and that has not lifted yet. I thought I would get immediate relief from the thyroid, but not so far. I'm a little discouraged by that.
But you knew that thyroid symptoms might persist despite supplementation, with Hashi... That is why I am not rushing into it. I am beginning to think thyroid supplements work best for those who have no thyroid issues, as "recreational" metabolic boosters.

Try some DLPA against depression... It's a soft and interesting supplement.

jnhermann said:
Also, I started taking Low Dose Naltrexone which is supposedly pretty miraculous for any auto immune diseases, including Hashimotos. I'm only taking 1.5 mgs a day right now. Supposedly it's best to raise it 1.5 mgs once every 30 days until one gets to 4.5 mgs a day. Ive only been taking it for 2 weeks so it's still too early for that.

Have you looked into LDN, Isadora?

Sometimes I scare myself (and others) with my prescience... I finally got to their website and read the wonderful promises... I sent a message to a friend who is very sick and might benefit from trying it, then came here to see who said what about it. I did a forum search on LDN and... your message popped up first, asking me about LDN! :shock:

I'll take it as a sign: " Thou. Must. Taketh. LDN."

Be careful to not run into some thyroid storm, Jeff, you are taking a lot of things simultaneously that promote thyroid hormone production!..

OP
J

jnhermann

Isadora:

Ha ha. You're great. I. MUST. Taketh. LDN.

Yeah, I'm definitely hopeful about the LDN. Strange it hasn't been discussed a lot more on here since even Ray Peat has suggested LDN. I'll take my time raising the LDN and I will be careful with the thyroid. I did read that LDN can drastically reduce the amount of thyroid needed, which can only be a good thing. Right now I'm only on 1.5mg of LDN which isn't yet enough to really do anything. But I will heed the recommendation to only raise it 1.5 mgs every 30 days.

Yes, Farmacio Del Nino was great. I received my Cynoplus in about 15 days. They are so inexpensive. Very happy I found them!

If you try LDN and don't have a doctor to get it for you, you can purchase regular Naltrexon (50mg pills) without a prescription online and make your own liquid LDN. This is what I did. I found a very inexpensive source for generic Revia: https://www.alldaychemist.com/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=249. I received the order in less than 2 weeks.

I am actually taking a little zinc too. There is zinc in the liver tablets, plus I add a little extra in supplement form. So I should be getting all I need for my thyroid. I guess time will tell with everything I'm taking. I do need to start monitoring my pulse and temperature. I need to order a heart rate monitor soon as I dont have one.

I will definitely look into DLPA. That is a supplement I'm not familiar with. Thanks for the head's up on that.

In addition to my hashimotos, I also have wet macular degeneration in my left eye which presented itself about a year ago. I'm only 42! I'm hoping to beat it naturally. Conventional medicine only has shots of Avastin (anti VegF drug) in the eye as treatment and it's only effective about 30% of the time. :cry:

Jeff

Isadora

jnhermann said:
In addition to my hashimotos, I also have wet macular degeneration in my left eye which presented itself about a year ago. I'm only 42! I'm hoping to beat it naturally. Conventional medicine only has shots of Avastin (anti VegF drug) in the eye as treatment and it's only effective about 30% of the time. :cry:

Jeff

That IS awfully early, Jeff... But I understand there is hope with this wet version -- surgery, etc. And an anti-angiogenic diet, if I understand correctly. Less red meat... I looked at some info on 23andme, they sound pretty optimistic... You should consider using them if you haven't already, they might clarify a few things about your ailments and how to handle your diet? Just a suggestion.

For wet AMD, laser surgery can get rid of new blood vessels that have grown under the macula. There are also drugs that have been shown to prevent the growth of new blood vessels.

Nutritional supplements may also be an option for preventing the progression of AMD. Research from the National Eye Institute's Age-Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS) has shown that a daily supplement of vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, zinc, and copper can reduce the risk of early AMD progressing to moderate or severe vision loss by up to 25%.

Thank you for the link!

Fingers crossed, keep us posted!

T

tobieagle

jnhermann said:
I'm also taking magnesium, selenium, Vitamin E and Vitamin A.

You said you do a 100% peat diet. So why all these supps? Except of the Vit E, i wouldnt take any of them. Especially the additional Vit A can hinder your progress.

OP
J

jnhermann

Tobie....peat recommends extra magnesium for auto immune conditions and he has recommended supplemental selenium for thyroid issues. I take vitamin a because i dont eat liver. I take defatted liver tablets instead but they dont have the fat solubles like vitamin a. So i am not quite 100 percent. :)

T

tobieagle

jnhermann said:
Tobie....peat recommends extra magnesium for auto immune conditions and he has recommended supplemental selenium for thyroid issues. I take vitamin a because i dont eat liver. I take defatted liver tablets instead but they dont have the fat solubles like vitamin a. So i am not quite 100 percent. :)

Just watch out for excess Vit A, it can rly supress your thyroid function. Your metabolic rate might be quite low, so might be your requirement for vit a.

OP
J

jnhermann

Tobie, is 10,000 iu a day okay? Its natural vitamin a from fish liver oil.

T

tobieagle

jnhermann said:
Tobie, is 10,000 iu a day okay? Its natural vitamin a from fish liver oil.

I cant answer this question. Its very individual. But Peat said, that the normal person is likely to be hypothyroid and only need about 5000 I.U.. Furthermore he doesnt advocate fish liver oil because of the high amount of pufas. Beef liver or nutrisorb A seem to be the safest sources.

sladerunner69

jnhermann said:

Jeff

There is evidence that aspirin can cause AMD, not sure what peat has to say about it

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/macular-degeneration/news/20121213/aspirin-eye-problem-risk

jyb

I think RP did confirm that too high dose causes ear problem. It's a pretty known thing, the ear starts to ring but it temporary. I've experienced it, it's the only thing preventing me taking too high for too problem, because otherwise aspirin is amazing.